VirtualCongress June 2nd, 2014 12:11am

Republicans: The party leader, MJSeals, has called a party meeting. Please join in the comments.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:00 pm

The only problem I have with this voting system in this poll is that we shouldn't be supporting one candidate as a party. They should feel free to run with out political pressure

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/02/14 8:28 pm

How much time does it take? I can try.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 8:58 pm

We deliberate about 1 or 2 cases a week

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/03/14 5:08 am

Oh, sorry, going on a two-week trip with no phone.

fernando1999 Texas
06/02/14 6:29 pm

So I guess no one is interested in the position. I honestly think we need to keep our majority on the court.

fernando1999 Texas
06/02/14 9:05 pm

I wont lie, im interested in the position. But I dont even think im known among members. I've got an adequate I understanding of the constitution but is that enough?

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 9:14 pm

Yeah! Just express info at the nomination poll

NDAmerican WV Escapee
06/04/14 10:55 am

I would support you as my replacement.

fernando1999 Texas
06/04/14 11:00 am

Thanks WV. If im even lucky to get the nomination, I would have big shoes to fill.

NDAmerican WV Escapee
06/04/14 11:01 am

Thanks but I'm not that great lol If you decide to go you will be great!

fernando1999 Texas
06/04/14 11:05 am

Yeah, Ive decided to put my name in the hat for consideration.

crewsmissle Florida
06/03/14 6:48 am

It's going well. Just chillin

political Georgia
06/01/14 7:08 pm

I want a position on the abolish the cabinet positions council. Is that possible? :)

06/01/14 5:37 pm

Good question. He has poor wifi lately so it's hard to say, but he's already in the cabinet is he not?

MJSeals Legal Eagle soon
06/01/14 5:38 pm

He resigned during the first presidential election poll and hasn't been nominated yet for anything

fernando1999 Texas
06/01/14 5:17 pm

Ive wanted a position on the court but nah, not this time around. How many republicans are currently on the court?

06/01/14 5:19 pm

2 if you don't count WV who is leaving the court

fernando1999 Texas
06/01/14 5:35 pm

If shazam gets the nomination, I would be interested in the associate justice position.

MJSeals Legal Eagle soon
06/01/14 5:16 pm

With the recent nomination of Wvamerican to president Puppy's cabinet we now find ourselves with an opening on the Supreme Court. Chief Justice and fellow Republican Skinner would like to address the party of the recent vacancy.

06/01/14 5:15 pm

Good evening my fellow Republicans,

For those of you who don't know me I'm Skinner. I'm the Chief Justice on the VC Supreme Court. I would like to thank MJ our party leader for requesting this poll and SpeakerJustin for posting it.

06/01/14 5:15 pm

The reason I asked MJ for this poll was to thank Secretary WVAmerican who is moving on from being a Supreme Court Justice to becoming the Secretary of Treasury; however, there are other matters we need to attend to.

06/01/14 5:15 pm

The Republican Party should have a clear and intelligent candidate to replace WVAmerican. If anyone has any interest in becoming a justice on the Supreme Court please comment above.

06/01/14 5:16 pm

We must unite behind one competent candidate and apply popular pressure and grassroots lobbying in favor of this candidate. If we fail to do so then we may be unable to keep the conservative majority on the Supreme Court.

06/01/14 5:18 pm

Of to recap here's what you should do for this poll:
-consider whether you would like to join the court and create a comment issuing your wish to join on this poll.
-vote for the Supreme Court nominee you support by liking their comment

06/01/14 5:19 pm

-If you would like feel free to discuss legislation.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 9:46 pm

SKINNER - i find it VERY troubling that the chief justice is lobbying for candidates in this manner from one political party. The SCOTUS and our virtual version is not supposed to be an arm of any political faction, but should in fact do its damndest

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 9:48 pm

To provide decisions that are neutral and unbiased by ideology. I'd ask that you seriously reconsider this line of activity.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 9:57 pm

All he is trying to do is keep the balance of the courts the same. Isn't that his job? If a republican steps down a republican should replace him

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:02 pm

UWH - it is not the job of a SC justice - particularly the chief justice to lobby for any new applicants. Our job is to judge each case set before us as impartially as we possibly can. The hard part is to set aside personal political beliefs and to

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:04 pm

Judge based on the merits of the case and our rulings potential impact on the country as a whole. The REASON the appointment is for life is to help ensure that the SCOTUS justices are not swayed by party affiliation or fear of party repercussions.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:06 pm

I agree, I think the purpose of this poll should have been to inform members of the opening instead of saying it's a primary, and I'm kinda bugged by the fact the parties are choosing "candidates"

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:07 pm

Republicans chose WV over me, yet Trepid nominated me for the court and I'm glad that he looked at other things rather than public or party opinion

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:07 pm

But I do think the balance of the court should stay the same

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:08 pm

Lobbying for new justices based solely on political alignment and a desire to "keep a conservative majority" and providing instruction on "uniting behind one competent candidate and applying popular pressure and grassroots

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:08 pm

lobbying in favor of this candidate." Is way out of bounds.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:10 pm

I believe that the courts should keep a constant balance. That has been the VC's practice and our president agrees

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:11 pm

UWH - a "continued conservative majority" is not balanced. It is a conservative majority. If that is how things shake out, i am fine with that. Actively lobbying by the SCOTUS Chief Justice.... That I have a problem with.

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:15 pm

But like, people are happy with the way the courts are now, and this balance has been constant for a while, it has worked well, and I consider myself as more of a moderate than a conservative and I think I offer a middle perspective that gives the

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
06/02/14 10:15 pm

Court two right members, 2 left members, and a centrist

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:28 pm

UWH - I appreciate your view. I do not feel comfortable discussing this further in this string however. My intent wasn't to debate Skinner's actions, but to raise my concerns with him alone. I'm not trying to cut you off, i just feel it inappropriate

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/02/14 10:28 pm

To continue. I hope you understand and do not take offense. None is meant.

06/03/14 3:29 am

Shazam: believe me we have discussed this issue at length during the origins of the VC. There were proposals which would have stripped Supreme Court Justices of their other powers but those proposals were rejected. As a result while I am a justice I

06/03/14 3:31 am

can also introduce legislative bills, I can vote on various bills and interlude input, I can (and have) run for president, I can be a Republican, and I can have all the rights of any VC congressman, and so can you and any justice.

06/03/14 3:33 am

We can sponsor candidates and I have been doing so for some time now. Just in the recent confirmation polls I endorsed both Mattwall and WVAmerican. We don't surrender our political rights when we agree to join the court. So long as our rulings

06/03/14 3:34 am

remain impartial we can be involved in the legislative and confirmation process as much as we please. That's in no way corrupt it's simply exercising our rights as congressmen since it's important to note that we are congressmen and justices