Vincere June 1st, 2014 11:51pm

As more states ditch their own separate exchanges in favor of healthcare.gov, Obamacare is effectively becoming more Federally centralized than the original legislation intended. Is this a good or bad trend?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/02/14 8:32 pm

Baby steps towards the universal healthcare it should have been from the start.

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
06/01/14 9:52 pm

Bad, especially because state exchanges have been more efficient than the federal exchange.

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
06/01/14 10:03 pm

The ones that have worked, that is.

ProfDG I Want Truth
06/01/14 6:37 pm

You only have to look at the VA debacle to understand that Federally run, national healthcare will be a disaster. As someone who relies on the VA for healthcare I'm certain that most of you will hate this.

veritas1 Panda
06/01/14 7:28 pm

The ACA is not federally-run national healthcare. It's not like the VA at all.

veritas1 Panda
06/01/14 7:29 pm

Also, statistically, veterans are happy wit the care they receive from the VA. The main problem is there's too much demand on the system because we are quick to go to war without considering the consequences.

ProfDG I Want Truth
06/04/14 9:54 am

Veritas, I'm aware of that. However, they are similar in that they are government controlled. This seems to be the long term target. My argument is not with their structural differences. It is who controls the process.

ProfDG I Want Truth
06/04/14 10:00 am

Also, I invite you down to the Phoenix VA to see for yourself. You won't find a lot of support for the VA's delivery of healthcare.

veritas1 Panda
06/04/14 10:36 am

No. the ACA maintains the free market system we have. There is no government-run healthcare. The government has more regulatory powers and mandates that people be insured (by private insurance or Medicare). It's still a private sector industry.

veritas1 Panda
06/01/14 5:30 pm

Republicans will probably hate this even though its almost entirely their fault. The irony...

Vincere Seattle
06/02/14 9:33 pm

Lol, I was hoping OTI would take this opportunity.

veritas1 Panda
06/02/14 10:03 pm

I'm gonna add subtle references to people's usernames from now.

"A 50% cut?! You can't be vinserious!