Show Of Hands April 28th, 2012 12:00am

Would you be in favor of the government paying the full medical bills of any woman with an unwanted pregnancy who chooses to offer her baby for adoption?

BadWolf The Library
05/10/12 8:45 am

No, she chose to have sex. If you aren't prepared to live with the consequences, then don't have sex. If she was raped, that's a different story.

05/09/12 5:10 am

Again as long as the woman is sterilized afterward I'm good with this

05/07/12 10:10 am

Just to state again: The Adoptive Parents pay the medical and legal bills to adopt the child. There is NO REASON to change hands and make the Government pay for it when it is perfectly reasonable to ask the Adoptive Parents to pay this bill.

kywrite augusta, ga
05/07/12 7:03 am

arms of a new mom who'd changed her mind? You'd wind up paying for all uninsured births - then probably for other things like sick leave and healthy food - and suddenly women would be paid to be baby machines. (no, this is not slippery slope, it happens with every entitlement.)

kywrite augusta, ga
05/07/12 6:59 am

I'd be in favor of the government treating charities doing this very favorably, and I'd gladly contribute to such charities. But no, direct pay of medical bills is not appropriate. (and I'm strongly prolife) For instance, how do you guarantee adoption- would you be willing to rip a baby from the

05/06/12 9:00 pm

AGAIN! when they say government pays for it, they mean we do. It comes out of our pockets! The government has no money. We owe china over 16 TRILLION dollars. The government has no money whatsoever

05/04/12 9:56 pm

how can you be pro-life and oppose anything which encourages a woman to bring the child to term?!?!?! I'm prolife and pro adoption. seriously.

05/03/12 12:40 pm

JAsher: If you are referring to the PCOS/Georgetown controversy then you need to be aware that the type of problems the "friend" was having could be cured by 4 medications. Three of which were not a contraceptive and therefore never spoken as an option for the "poor Georgetown girl"

JAsher Fishers, IN
05/03/12 11:22 am

BTW, I can almost guarantee that if employers are allowed to deny access to birth control through their health plan, doctors will begin placing women on "hormone pills" for "other" reasons, since birth control pills are not just for birth control.

05/03/12 11:17 am

JAsher: The adoptive parents pay all the medical and legal fees to adopt the baby. Why should that change? There are more adoptive parents than adoptive babies.

JAsher Fishers, IN
05/03/12 11:17 am

The gov't can't simply take options off the table and leave people with the bill. Again, a woman should pay her own way, unless the gov't sticks their nose in to begin with. Like I tell my niece, "you crap in the bathtub, you're cleaning it up!"

JAsher Fishers, IN
05/03/12 11:15 am

I think that IF the government steps in and either abolishes legal abortions and/or doesn't require employers health plans to cover birth control, then they should have to do something to help with an adoption. Otherwise, if there are other options, then the family needs to pay for those options.

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
05/03/12 9:20 am

Listen carefully - I will type slow:
The government does not have any money.

05/03/12 6:42 am

swim guy: Stop drinking the pool water. This isn't an unhealthy pregnancy question. You must have selected "Blissfully Ignorant" for that other poll question.

swimguy Illinois
05/02/12 8:57 pm

Killing the women, one rigth at a time, good job republicans, classy

xanth
05/01/12 8:53 pm

I'm not in favor of the government paying for people's mistakes but if it saves the life of a child I'll gladly pay.

05/01/12 6:33 pm

RandFan: Why is it that so many people think that if people don't let the government pay for something that it takes that option completely off the table?! Who do you think pays for it now?!? It baffles me this "If it ain't free it must not exist" mentality.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
05/01/12 5:37 pm

Why is adoption not pushed more by the anti choice nut jobs. If you disallow abortion, what are the other options? Having the children raised in hate filled abusive homes only leads to future problems.

05/01/12 11:19 am

IVoteMe, Pirates, VeganGirl, JStoneTroy.... Why should the parents who plan to adopt the child quit paying this expense and make the government pay for the adoption process?

05/01/12 11:18 am

You 37% who want this added to their taxes and think it's a great idea please answer this question for me: "Why should the Adoptive Parents stop taking responsibility for this expense and let the government pay?" None of you insult throwing uninformed voters have been able to answer that question.

05/01/12 11:13 am

Hey Vegan Girl, ya wanna know what's stupid? People that don't know the system, but assume the government should pay for everything. The adoptive parents pay. If you've been advocating this policy then you must know nothing about it. Look in the mirror and you'll find stupid.

lawstudent Western NC foothills
05/01/12 9:43 am

absolutely. I'm a pro-life liberal... so independent. the problem with the GOP is the hypocrisy. they don't want abortion, but they wont help women get adoptions. stupid. I've been advocating for the policy this question suggests for some time.

05/01/12 5:24 am

Pirates: That would be the point of my comment. IVoteMe seemed to have been arguing in favor of abortion while on the adoption question. I'm sure you read far enough down to understand why I had pointed out that fact.

04/30/12 9:49 pm

By default my answer is yes because I'm in favor of universal health care, therefore all medical bills would be covered regardless of the outcome of the pregnancy.

pirates765
04/30/12 8:49 pm

@RogueMom are you aware that just because one word is changed it can make it a completely different question.

pirates765
04/30/12 8:47 pm

facts: people have sex even though they are not ready for babies/marriage. but there are many couples who can't have children that are dying to complete a family. adoption should always be a viable answer because we do not live in a perfect world where only married couples have babies

beatlesrock Indiana
04/30/12 7:02 pm

The only time I would be okay with this is if the women was pregnant because of rape.

04/30/12 6:41 pm

And what situation are you talking about? There are more adoptive parents waiting for babies than adoptive babies available. Do you have any reference to the current adoptive process in the US or are you just talking out of your rear (a good lawyer trait)

04/30/12 6:40 pm

Are you aware this question appears twice and that one says "Adoption" and one says "Abortion." What do the doctors have to do with whether the mother, the adoptive parents, or the state pays their bills? As long as they recieve payment they don't care.

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:40 pm

but make the doctors justify their decision and require the parents to know

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:38 pm

the proper answer at this time is...you don't know...and because you don't know the perfect solution...you'd rather let other people suffer when you aren't a professional informed of and able to make such a decision. my answer is to let the doctors decide.

04/30/12 6:30 pm

Just answer the little old question for me and I can start having faith that your overcrowded Law School that will produce more lawyers than there are jobs available will actually benefit from you sitting in their classrooms.

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:30 pm

and like RogueMom: I'm also ex Military intel 141btn 300bgd in the army. so if you want to talk about economics as it joins politics, I can tackle that one too. there is a lot more to human behavior than a quick answer to not do anything as the ultimate answer

04/30/12 6:29 pm

Vote: Girl is Pregnant. Wants to go through with giving the child up for adoption. The people who want to adopt the child pays for her medical bills (like my parents did for me). Why should the government step in and change that system?

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:27 pm

like RogueMom: I happen to, um like, be an Economics/Finance like dude heading into like, Law School. you can't expect a group of individuals to act against what they are incentivized to do. you are punishing people for your interpretation of their situation...when you don't know what that is

04/30/12 6:18 pm

Why are you against the adoptive parents paying this bill? As it is right now. Or is that too On Topic for you?

04/30/12 6:17 pm

IVoteMe: Let me see if I can communicate this in a way that you can understand, "Like government is totally suppose to handle certain elements of life, but like, not healthcare. So, me voting No to this question totally differs from most of what was on your list. Like Duh!"

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:03 pm

should the govt stop the education safety net? or stop regulating the utility companies from becoming monopolies over you? or allow our Vietnam Vets to sit homeless and unproductive? wow...how ungrateful

iVoteMe The long and Short
04/30/12 6:00 pm

@RogueMom: rogue indeed. you don't like govt paying for health services? do you like them allowing your child to have a govt. subsidized ed. when you can't afford to pay for private schl? oh, wait...last I checked clean water and trash removal are preventative med. regulated and run by your govt.

04/30/12 5:26 pm

HolyBabble: There are more adoptive parents on waiting lists than there are babies to adopt.

HolyBabble Mississippi
04/30/12 5:24 pm

63% will not adopt a needy child.
But they will tell you what to do with your body.

Christian1
04/30/12 2:14 pm

I'm all for the baby being put up for adoption vs. abortion.

Christian1
04/30/12 2:09 pm

The government doesn't need to pay for ANY of this extra stuff.

04/30/12 11:05 am

Indepgal: Are you aware that 94% of abortions are for birth control. The remaining 6% of abortions are a combination of rape, incest, death for baby or mother or both, and fatal abnormalities. This is the adoption question, BTW.

04/30/12 10:58 am

Spoiler: I pay my taxes and I love my country and this isn't about Abortion/Adoption. This is about the system in place is great. Adoptive Parents that can't pay the intial bills for the baby they want to adopt probably aren't responsible/established enough to afford to have the child.

04/30/12 10:57 am

Spoiler: You can determine the alternate realities of any given state if not mandated by government control? Oh golly you must be paid a fortune for that talent. What a skill!! Can you forcast what Michigan will be like after Government Motors officially dies too?

04/30/12 10:55 am

Spoiler: Are you aware that right now the Adoptive Parents pay for the childs medical bills? Why should that end? Why should the government come in and "Save" the adoptive parents from paying those bills? Why should that fall on us?