Show Of Hands September 14th, 2012 12:00am

If a film was released that openly mocked your most deeply held belief (whether it is religious or moral), would you protest publicly?

Neiman New Jersey
09/20/12 7:20 pm

Islam='s intolerance towards human rights, religious beliefs and order. Quite frankly, I am tired of their crap.

captain12345 Tennessee
09/20/12 1:06 am

U got to fight for your beliefs or people will just take all your beliefs away

ComradeAlex California
09/19/12 7:25 pm

@zrayish your intolerance toward the lgbtq community sickens me

ComradeAlex California
09/19/12 5:03 pm

@tabbser me too. I am athiest. Religion is the opiate of the masses

ComradeAlex California
09/19/12 5:02 pm

Oh yes.... If someone argues against socialism, I would protest

tabbser
09/18/12 10:49 pm

No.I get insulted by the majority frequently.I'm often forced to follow other peoples beliefs in public life. I have twice feared for my life. Because of who I am. Many of my friends are in the 'closet' because of the intolerance and bullying from christians. I'm an atheist.

monkeyy Ohio
09/18/12 7:35 pm

@HNY-I'm too lazy to remember your name.
Thanks for your explanation, that clarified a few things. No, Mormons don't believe in the trinity. We believe that God is one person, his son Jesus Christ is another person, and the Holy Ghost is one person.

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
09/18/12 6:43 pm

The Holy Trinity consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; One God in 3 persons. Catholics do the Sign of the Cross to honor the Trinity, and Christ's death on the cross; it means "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. AMEN"

DirtyHarry Louisiana
09/18/12 3:50 pm

Just do the normal thing and not go see it.

danman5550
09/18/12 4:55 am

I think this question is directly related to the video that caused attacks on the embassies. If my beliefs are insulted, I turn my back and deal with it, or provide logical reasoning in a peaceful argument. If only logical kids could run the government.

monkeyy Ohio
09/17/12 7:35 pm

It kind of makes sense how u said it… maybe a little more explanation?

monkeyy Ohio
09/17/12 7:34 pm

@pinkyusuck so… basically the trinity is the belief that the 3 are all one person? Because I've heard other people (my friends, teachers etc) refer to Jesus as God.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
09/17/12 4:23 pm

@monkeyy, the Trinity is one 'what', and three 'whos'. Much like how our government consist of judicial, legislative, and executive branches, but are all the U.S. Federal government. Or our armed forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard together are our military. Does that make sense?

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
09/17/12 4:18 pm

Yes, I would. But I wouldn't attack anyone's embassy or kill anyone's citizens over it.

monkeyy Ohio
09/17/12 2:31 pm

… trinity: perhaps a non-Mormon could explain it to me?? Being christian isn't about believing in the trinity; it about believing in the Savior and the New Testament, which we do. The end, end of story.

monkeyy Ohio
09/17/12 2:30 pm

I agree with all the people who are also LDS on here. we are Christians. We believe in Jesus Christ as our savior, lord, and redeemer. What else is there? We believe that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings, so not in the trinity. I don't entirely understand the concept of the

SKSchultz
09/17/12 7:17 am

No. I'm a Christian. People do things and produce things that are offensive to me everyday. I just let it go.
I can't imagine what it's like to go around being offended by every little thing all day. Sounds miserable.

roybiker12
09/17/12 6:08 am

"The day I'm inaugurated Muslim hostility will ease." Sen. Barack Obama 2007

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
09/16/12 10:46 pm

I publicly boycotted grapes in support of the farm workers union. Picket sign and all. If some thing presented Jesus the Christ as a child molester I would picket them also. Violence is not the answer however.

tsk California
09/16/12 10:45 pm

I support satire. Legislation is another story.

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
09/16/12 9:35 pm

@ TDaddy: It falls under the Commandment of "Thou Shall Not Kill". Abortion and contraception are the denial of life, therefore they are killing. To Jesus, even HATE is killing.

scalzi04
09/16/12 8:33 pm

I'm Mormon. I just wanted to point out that we are Christian. We believe in Jesus Christ of the new testament. That's what being Christian is about right? Our official church name is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's right there in the name.

tdaddy Kentucky
09/16/12 7:50 pm

@HNYBDGR301 Christian's have been against birth control for 2000 years? I have the text of the KJV on my pc and "birth control" is not even mentioned once. How can so-called Christians claim to know what the bible says when it doesn't say 10% of the things they think it says.

tdaddy Kentucky
09/16/12 7:42 pm

@bob111 Atheists don't try to convert people with 1% of the fervor of Jehovah's Witnesses. The JWs go door to door in my neighborhood at least once a year, but I have NEVER seen atheists go door to door seeking converts.. Not ONE time in the 8 years I've been in this neighborhood.

chi
09/16/12 6:12 pm

how dems vote the same way as everyone else in this poll but totally different in the poll about censoring the you tube video about Muslims? it doesn't make sense

dogsaver new Jersey
09/16/12 4:51 pm

I protest puppy mills and cruelty to animals.

finalboss
09/16/12 3:49 pm

As a Christian, my most deeply held belief is openly mocked in many movies and tv shows daily.

live4Christ Iowa
09/16/12 2:26 pm

The gays are already mocking me and God!

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
09/16/12 1:29 pm

No. But I did it would be peaceful.
Unlike these Muslim savages.

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
09/16/12 12:47 pm

I would want to, don't get me wrong I'd be pissed. The only think stopping me would be my respect for the constitution and god.

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
09/16/12 11:06 am

@bracetty. The group that spews their beliefs the most and tries hardest to convert people are atheists

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
09/16/12 9:55 am

South Park does it every episode to Jesus, but decided to cancel episodes that mock Muhammad, because of their tantrums

SHTOOKAH Illinois
09/16/12 9:42 am

When "I want your money" came out, it gave me a good laugh and perhaps less faith in humanity that's all.

Sundance State of Confusion
09/16/12 7:33 am

ANYTIME this subject comes up Mormons will be thrown on the fire of hate and ignorance! But they did the same to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So we are honored to be with him in this.

Sundance State of Confusion
09/16/12 7:23 am

Being raised a member of the Mormon church in NC I can tell you I was exposed to all sorts of verbal attacks, lies , misinformation and preachers who knew everything (read NOTHING) about my religion. They were very cruel. Forgive, do not forget.

Rosebud Ohio
09/16/12 6:37 am

No, they have the right to hold that view, even if it's wrong. heck, my history book starts out with a very incorrect summary of one of the stories in the Bible, then mocks it. I'm not rioting, I'm just amazed at what an idiot the author is.

09/16/12 5:20 am

Especially Christians

09/16/12 5:20 am

I hate when people bitch about there religious beliefs like Stfu and stop trying to force everyone into ur side

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
09/16/12 1:02 am

"Christianofascists"? All I can say is wow. And Obama trying to force us to spit on 2,000 years of church teaching by providing birth control ISN'T fascism????

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
09/16/12 1:00 am

Acamus: What's the problem with a Nativity scene? Freedom of Religion, right? Just like what I said about Freedom of Speech earlier, just apply it to that; if you don't like it, walk away, or don't look at it. Is that so hard? Again, grow the hell up.

Terrence Utah
09/15/12 10:55 pm

I would instead educate people about it which is what I did in this case. I also would not take part in the ignorance of supporting those videos, again I also that in this case.

ntvtxn62
09/15/12 6:31 pm

Yes- but to riot against innocent peoples? No way- go after those targeting me.

acamus27
09/15/12 6:00 pm

But hell, they haven't stormed city hall over that.......yet.

acamus27
09/15/12 6:00 pm

The islamofascists are just as bad as our own Christianofascists looking to instill their Christian form of sharia law on the rest of us. Can't wait for the next Xmas season's rant by those nuts how their values are under attack when they can't erect a gaudy display in front of town hall.

chrismisen atlanta
09/15/12 5:26 pm

nah, they get what they want that way.

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
09/15/12 5:24 pm

Maybe but I would not act the way these Islamofascists are behaving. There have been many insults to my Catholic Christian faith but you don't see us rioting in the streets.