kimonogirl
10/24/12 9:16 pm

No, happily not. Parents were and I ain't going down that road. Hubby and I dated/lived together 10 years before tying the knot. Highly recommend it!

ugafan Southern by choice
10/23/12 7:54 pm

I. Love. My. Husband.

Joey5Girl
10/23/12 6:59 pm

I was very happy at the results of this one. I fought tooth an nail to stay with my husband 4 years ago and we are now at 11 years. With the stress of the military, a special needs child, living with elderly and two incomes. God is truly with us.

CaseyECE
10/23/12 4:08 am

Nope. Married for 3 years, been together for 7 and have been friends for 16 :) he's my best friend!

BadWolf The Library
10/22/12 1:39 pm

Not that I would if I could. Shove that in your sanctity of marriage.

BadWolf The Library
10/22/12 1:39 pm

Can't get married to the man I love, so can't get divorced

Cowboys Illinois
10/22/12 11:28 am

@wedaslaves Thanks. And no I don't. Got a new girl that loves me and our four year old daughter. I threw the cheating whore out and moved on.

munkey? SilentMunkey
10/22/12 9:16 am

No. I have never been divorced.

Atheist. I realize I have broken the sacredness of marriage by marrying outside my 'religion' but don't worry. I turned her away from gods so its okay. =)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/22/12 8:55 am

I'm so sorry for what you're going through I know it will get better sometime honey hang in there you and your dad be really close really tight Your mom might be going through a really tough emotional time some woman to that when they get their late 30s or 40s I pray everything gets better for you

carsons08
10/22/12 7:09 am

Don't forget the population of SOH users isn't necessarily a representative sample of the entire US population.

superdave
10/22/12 6:11 am

For those who are not married.... Guys look at her and understand she will change a 1000 times.... Girls look at him and know he will not!!!

superdave
10/22/12 6:03 am

The only reason we don't kill our spouse is because we would miss them

peacenskis Alaska
10/21/12 8:04 pm

Someday, but we are permanently separated. Ugh. Never again. On another note...I'm totally surprised (happily) at these results. I'm under the impression the divorce rate is like 50% or more. Not by this poll.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/21/12 5:44 pm

Cowboy, that is life threatening behavior with the diseases out there. That would be one of the serious exceptions to move on with life. I know we rag you. However, I am sorry to hear this. This is usually their insecurities and issues that drive that dysfunction. I hope you don't blame yourself

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/21/12 5:30 pm

Thinker, I have met some young women who have been on the receiving end of that dysfunction. It is not something to play with. This can mess with their heads in ways you can't believe. The one person that you trust your life with and depend on does??? Please speak with others and do something.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/21/12 5:17 pm

Fiat, there probably will be times when your friendship and commitment will have to carry you through. Always choose the nicer friend who can work through issues over the selfish model of perfection. You will be tested and need skills to adapt in a balanced way. Romance shows that they are special

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/21/12 5:17 pm

penelope USA
10/21/12 3:27 pm

RJ1969, chicks are crazier than men, IMO. Tech stuff? Not sure what you mean.

droo Santa Barbara
10/21/12 9:31 am

Not getting married is the only way to 100% prevent divorce. :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/21/12 9:04 am

One only been married 1 time. He had two before me at 27 of course it was all their faults. Been with a bully for nearly 40 tears.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/21/12 9:01 am

Perhaps my husband's second. That was inWA.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/21/12 9:00 am

Starry ✋✋I wave my hands in the air for you. I do this in my water aerobic classes rather than clap. Wet hands clapping. To wet. .

Obie
10/21/12 8:52 am

Sounds like my ex did she buy him a a motorcycle and take him to Jamaica

Cowboys Illinois
10/21/12 8:18 am

Yep. Ten years I put up with a cheating slut because I wanted it to work. She was my wife after all. Through better and worse right? After she went to California to screw some stranger she met on the Internet I was done.

jenniebtzlbrgr Kansas
10/21/12 7:23 am

I mean I hope you guys can still stay together without being married.

jenniebtzlbrgr Kansas
10/21/12 7:22 am

F@$& that stupid s#!% seriously. I hope it has no affect on your relationship.

jenniebtzlbrgr Kansas
10/21/12 7:09 am

I felt just as divorced as my dad when my mom moved out. It affects everyone. My family is very close knit, save those in my family who don't want to be.

itanimulli
10/21/12 12:41 am

I feel bad for that 1% under 21 that had to answer yes. Bad night in Vegas?

hazhap1 Las Vegas
10/20/12 11:59 pm

Welcome to SOH. We like our results skewed and our comments as far from "PC" as possible.

10/20/12 9:33 pm

Skewed survey. If you've never been married, or your spouse dies, you've not had a divorce.

dadstad Texas
10/20/12 8:38 pm

See! Don't believe everything you read. 95% of the people I know are happily married like me. For 34 years!

KaRn8
10/20/12 8:09 pm

Actually my generation just doesn't get married. I had a girl friend for 6 years. She is suing me for 17k. It might as well have been a divorce...

dabrat East Coast
10/20/12 7:47 pm

Holy crap, I can't believe this map! Aren't 50% of marriages ending in divorce and a red map!! Either it's full of kids or people who know how to pick 'em!

delaluna
10/20/12 7:45 pm

Married to my one and only 23 yrs. married for life though I occasionally want to kill him.

Xela46
10/20/12 7:25 pm

How does that saying go? Oh yes... "It is better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for the rest of your life." ;-)

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/20/12 7:04 pm

And give away half my stuff? Not a chance. Seriously, I wouldn't have even considered getting married unless I already knew we'd be stuck with each other permanently whether or not we did the show and paperwork.

10/20/12 6:54 pm

I'm very very very blessed!

10/20/12 6:54 pm

Just had my second son with my beautiful wife of 7 years. In my house we don't even speak "the D word"!!

cerridwen Pennsylvania
10/20/12 6:33 pm

Married for almost 15 years and he's my best friend. Still love him very much and am grateful he's my partner.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
10/20/12 6:02 pm

Praying for peace for you & your daughter. Praying that he will have a change of heart & never do that to another child.

RJ1969 SoCal
10/20/12 6:00 pm

so, chicks are still on the menu? Or, are you into tech....robot stuff?

RJ1969 SoCal
10/20/12 5:57 pm

wow! thinker, I hope the road ahead is positive. mI'm thinking happy thoughts.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/20/12 5:37 pm

Interesting Thanksgiving dinners now, huh?