Show Of Hands January 3rd, 2013 12:00am

Teenage girls (15 & 16) in CA put crushed sleeping pills into milkshakes of one girl's parents so they could use the Internet after a 10pm "online curfew." The parents woke up the next morning, took a drug test, and called the police. Would you press char

emanstic Nevada
01/12/13 1:09 pm

I'd never press charges against my child. that said, I'd punish him then laugh about it some time later. You can't deny it's kind of funny.

luminaking1
01/12/13 10:36 am

It is the parents job to parent, NOT the GOVERENMENTs. Do your job, maybe if you had started earlier, they would not be doing this kind of stuff. I agree that you can't always control kids and they are going to make mistakes. But, calling govermental authorities is a very last step situation.

AJonesie
01/10/13 10:02 pm

I posted yes merely because thee "woke up and took a drug test". Uh....I don't do this as my morning routine so it had not been the first offense.

heatherfaye
01/09/13 4:52 pm

Her parents raised her its their problem not the laws, take her to counseling not court.

heatherfaye
01/09/13 4:44 pm

You think some little girls that wanted to play on the computer at night should be punished by law? They obviously need punishment but they aren't dangerous.

trentcoolyak San Francisco
01/09/13 1:22 pm

Are you kidding me? This is some kids trying to have fun! They need to be severely disciplined at home, but it's atrocious to say you'd press charges on your own daughter and her friends.

sookemlou
01/08/13 4:55 pm

I would punish the heck out of them but not press charges!

RGirl
01/08/13 4:43 pm

I would severely punish them but not press charges because it is your own children.

smileyface
01/08/13 6:24 am

No but I'd be very angry....

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
01/07/13 6:02 pm

Ruin the lifes of children for crushed sleeping pills? Be a parent.

adriannefaiza Maryland
01/07/13 10:42 am

That's poisoning! They will not go jail...but they need law enforcement in their lives. We must not disregard age when it comes to justice and or proper punishment. Something is wrong with these two,

caludia Illinois
01/07/13 5:32 am

getting the law involved, sets this girl up for a whole new set if problems that could last the rest of her life????. You wouldn't be able to take it back... and you do not have control of the situation. Make them pay... but not through the legal system.

satiricalnick meh
01/07/13 5:03 am

I would be very, very angry, but i just couldnt bring myself to potentially ruin the lives of kids with criminal charges, especially if my daughter was involved.

openmindedme California
01/07/13 12:59 am

It's pretty clear the "family" can't teach their child the differences between right and wrong. Since they don't have the strength to so it would be best to let the authorities handle this. NO parent can fully punish their child if they haven't taught them that drugging someone is dangerous.

monster1352 jersey
01/06/13 6:10 pm

Good old ass whooping would be just fine. Then off so military school

r1chlay
01/06/13 5:59 am

I would be busting some ass and getting rid of the computer for them

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
01/06/13 4:45 am

This is what drives me crazy. It's this kind of mindset that perpetuates this sort of behavior.
Look at it this way. These kids basically loaded one round in a revolver, spun the cylinder, aimed at the parents and pulled the trigger.
If something drastic isn't done, their luck is going to run out.

wright3f San Diego
01/06/13 3:47 am

If they're underaged, it won't. And, yes, u would.

canecorso Las Vegas Nv
01/06/13 3:02 am

I wouldn't have to press charges. My kids are too scared of us to even think about doing something like that.
ATTENTION CODDLING PARENTS This is where a good healthy dose of fear of parents comes in handy. You want respect?, I will take fear first then respect, that way I know this wont happen

Sakura-chan Reading and Writing.
01/06/13 1:25 am

Well, what would you expect me to do, let it happen again? I don't think so. And believe me, I'd be getting some professional help for her too.

ladybug0
01/06/13 12:34 am

Spankings don't work for teens. The girl is already defiant. She needs more than a spanking. If she can't obey her parents, she can try obeying a judge and probation officer.

Cragaleus2
01/05/13 10:58 pm

Dangerous people are dangerous,
and should be punished.

freetobeme146
01/05/13 10:33 pm

I wouldn't press charges, but I'd probably kick her ass and send her to some strict catholic or military school

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
01/05/13 7:59 pm

Upon further reading, I found that the mother stated this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened with her daughter.

Now I would definitely throw the book at them. Apparently, she's not getting the hint.

ladybug0
01/05/13 7:23 pm

Your suggestions alone will likely lead to more rebellion.

ladybug0
01/05/13 7:22 pm

I have a teen, and your suggestions aren't practical. Sure, I agree in limits, but obviously her parents already tried limits and see how well that worked. She needs to see the real world consequences of committing a felony. Only then will she begin to see how great she had it.

ladybug0
01/05/13 7:14 pm

I wouldn't disown my child. I would love her no matter what. However, that doesn't mean I would act as if the actions were acceptable. I would definitely let my child face the legal consequences AND seek counseling. A parent's love should be unconditional and parents should model God's grace.

infinity1 Cincinnati, OH
01/05/13 1:30 pm

I would disown and kick my kid out of the house

oIiver NJ
01/05/13 1:08 pm

I don't understand how people would be okay with such blatant deception. Ignoring it would be such a disservice to your kids too.

shefjr New York
01/05/13 12:46 pm

They should get a bare fanny spanking from uncle Paul. ;)

FAPmachine Pennsylvania
01/05/13 11:43 am

Since when is drugging people illegal???

FAPmachine Pennsylvania
01/05/13 11:40 am

If I was a parent, I'd do anything to get my kids out if the house.

Sakura-chan Reading and Writing.
01/05/13 11:24 am

Well Pinky, seeing as she's be 15-16, it wouldn't particularly have a very large effect, in my opinion. Maybe, but maybe not.

skeptisys
01/05/13 9:36 am

I don't think it's healthy for a country to rely so much on their police and military as we do.

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
01/05/13 9:05 am

The charges are Conspiracy and Willfully Mingling a Pharmaceutical with Food. In my state you would throw on Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon also.
A prescription medication overdose and you don't see a problem? They could have easily ended up in a coma or dead.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 8:53 am

@Salli, I thought it was a' Chinese fire drill'.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 8:51 am

Jeepers, 66% said yes? I'm just curious, what charges would you even press? 'Forced rest' charges? 'Date-rape without the rape'? 'The kids pulled one over on me and I'm sore about it' charges? I'm really not seeing anything that's going to stick here.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 8:48 am

*ass-beating referring, of course, to a good spanking. I don't advocate actually beating your child.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/05/13 8:46 am

Not if the only activity taking place was harmless Internet use. And I don't know that I would press charges in any case, unless there was physical or property damage of some sort. But you'd better believe if it was my kid, they'd get the ass-beating of a lifetime, and they'd be hardcore grounded.

cowboy Come on, man
01/05/13 7:48 am

How? Honor killing or a good old fashioned stoning after being raped?

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
01/05/13 5:30 am

God, Vermont, please get a clue!

toxicrainbow Texas
01/05/13 4:30 am

I wouldn't because while that was extremley stupid and immature of them there just kids. I would definitley punish them though I just wouldn't press charges

Nikolaus
01/05/13 2:13 am

I wouldn't press charges on my daughter but I would make her sweat it out in the county jail to make a statement. There would be many more consequences when she got home. She would feel the wrath of god from me and I would encourage her friends parents to do the same to theirs to educate them.

Muslim Texas
01/05/13 1:12 am

Make an example out of them

KatG Liberal in Ohio
01/05/13 12:44 am

"Beat his ass" is a figure of speech, but yeah, I'd still turn him over my knee. I don't care how old he is.

SugarShaq
01/04/13 11:44 pm

Chinese red light. Run around the car at a red light changing seats. Yep. Used to do that as a teen. Irrational and stupid.