Praetorianus February 11th, 2014 12:07am

There have been logistic problems with executions because the European companies that supply the poison won't sell if it's used for lethal injection, reflecting the EU's stance on capital punishment. This form of protest is

jrrob CT
02/13/14 6:30 pm

But they'll do business with Iran.

EngrNate CA Conservative
02/13/14 7:38 am

I believe in capital punishment, but this form of protest is valid. People should be free to do business, or not do it, where and with whom they want.

cowboy Doors of Perception
02/13/14 4:17 am

It's valid. A form of Capitalism even. Do they have rope manufacturers? A noose is cheap.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
02/13/14 12:37 am

Odd that the purchase order presumably includes a requirement to disclose what it will be used for. Why not just answer "noise abatement", "resource conservation", or in some other truthful but vague way?

joe1111111
02/12/14 10:33 pm

Why would it be inappropriate? I support the death penalty in some cases but I would never consider it "inappropriate" for someone to be against it or protest it. There are several more humane and cheaper methods known anyway.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
02/10/14 11:03 pm

Very valid. I don't support the death penalty.

KAnne Atlantic City, NJ
02/10/14 9:47 pm

Hold up. Why are we buying a cocktail with known ingredients to execute prisoners from across the pond where such a thing is illegal? Why don't we make our own? Is this why I read about that inhumane death from a new lethal injection?

KAnne Atlantic City, NJ
02/10/14 9:49 pm

I'm completely against capital punishment, but I'm pushing that aside. It doesn't make sense to me that we're importing poison to kill baddies when we know what the poison is. If it's too costly to make, find a better alternative!

madeit Houston Area
02/10/14 9:19 pm

I would love it I'd there was no poison left in the world to kill anybody.

KAnne Atlantic City, NJ
02/10/14 9:02 pm

Totally valid. I don't know what lethal poison is used for other than to kill that they would sell it for, but they have every right to refuse to sell something for specific purposes.

LadyA Earth Explorer
02/10/14 8:46 pm

Why are we so busy stating "it's my business and I get to choose" when we're talking about US companies or business, but when it comes to foreign businesses we expect them to bow to us?!

ZiggySpringer Fields of Trenzalore
02/10/14 8:56 pm

I think you got the results mixed. Most people say it is valid.

LadyA Earth Explorer
02/10/14 9:31 pm

No, I didn't check the results at all yet as it's still a relatively "young" poll. I was speaking as a general rule of thumb.

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
02/10/14 7:47 pm

Sure, let them refuse to sell, someone will step in to fill supply

Liberty 4,032,064
02/10/14 5:26 pm

Valid on their part. Bullets are much cheaper and more humane anyway.

sadewt Rexburg, Idaho
02/10/14 5:21 pm

first off, we should get rid of the death penalty
second, why do we need to use fancy injections? there are lots of other ways to kill a person.

sadewt Rexburg, Idaho
02/10/14 5:22 pm

how about we just shoot them, or break their neck? we could build a fancy neck breaking machine so all you have to do is press a button

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/10/14 5:48 pm

What I don't get is why it takes so long and needs such a complex cocktail. I was under general anesthesia a few times. You're out cold before counting to eight. A higher dosis and you won't wake up.

sadewt Rexburg, Idaho
02/10/14 5:51 pm

exactly, mix it with some laughing gas like when I was little and got my tonsils out and they'll die smiling.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
02/10/14 5:09 pm

Their business, their conditions. Our fault if we rely on other countries to supply the lethal cocktail.