SenKyle February 10th, 2014 11:27pm

I've seen a lot of these polls lately. Do you support the legalization of marijuana? Tell me why or why not in the comment section.

Antoinette Michigan
02/10/14 8:44 pm

Yes, with regulation. More time and money could be spent locking up real criminals.

imanag My heaven on Earth
02/10/14 6:25 pm

I don't, because I've seen it as the gateway drug to harder stuff for too many people I know.

susanr Colorado
02/10/14 9:19 pm

I would suggest that those people were going to do stupid things anyway. Marijuana really does not automatically lead to other drugs. I know MANY people who have used marijuana for MANY years (I'm talking 48+ years). I have known VERY few who

susanr Colorado
02/10/14 9:20 pm

went on to use dangerous drugs. I visited some of these people last week; they're all still doing fine. They're mostly at retirement age now, have had successful careers in a number of professions, and are fine people.

imanag My heaven on Earth
02/10/14 10:17 pm

That's great for your friends and acquaintances, I'm glad they've been successful in spite of that choice. I've known people, including my brother, who have wished they didn't get behind the wheel after smoking mj. The DUI wasn't worth it.

susanr Colorado
02/10/14 4:46 pm

Yes, with some regulation, because I see little reason for it to be illegal.

SenKyle Pennsylvania
02/10/14 4:56 pm

If we start to legalize just marijuana, then why not legalize everything else?

Antoinette Michigan
02/10/14 8:45 pm

I don't think that's a fair question. Cocaine and marijuana aren't the same at all.

susanr Colorado
02/10/14 8:50 pm

Some would argue for legalizing *all* drugs; I'm not anywhere near there yet. I think there are other drugs that could be decriminalized, at least, but some that are just too destructive of other people in addition to the user. I'd rather see what

susanr Colorado
02/10/14 8:51 pm

happens with the states that have legalized recreational marijuana (including my own), to get some experience dealing with issues that are likely to come up, and then maybe expand from there. Making them all legal at ones sounds insane.

Antoinette Michigan
02/10/14 8:54 pm

That's a good statement. It would definitely be insane. If that ever happens where they're all legal, it better not be in my lifetime.