VirtualCongress February 10th, 2014 6:33pm

Legislation: CongressmanAfly (L-PA) proposes the Forum Reform Act of 2014.

02/10/14 4:03 pm

Mr. Speaker, it is obvious that members of this Congress do not think their leaders should be responsible for leading and communicating with their members. I withdraw this bill.

02/10/14 4:08 pm

The motion to withdraw is acknowledged. The bill is hereby withdrawn.

USA1st
02/10/14 7:48 pm

Why do you always withdraw your bills??

02/10/14 7:48 pm

I don't know what you're talking about.

USA1st
02/10/14 7:49 pm

Every time you're bill isn't passing, you pull it.

Redacted
02/10/14 2:25 pm

'Section 2. The Forum Law of 2013 is hereby repealed.' What is in the Forum Law 2013? Thanks!

02/10/14 2:33 pm

Forum Law of 2013

02/10/14 2:34 pm

Forum Law of 2013:

'Be it resolved that once every two months the speaker must create a poll on which the Party and deputy leaders may be asked questions by the Congress. '

02/10/14 1:42 pm

I believe this bill should be passed because it takes a burden off the Speaker and future Speaker of posting polls for parties when it is only the job of the Speaker to use the floor for legislation. This bill will also give the party leaders a

02/10/14 1:44 pm

Responsibility to handle the communication within their party with the Party accounts they have created. No Party Leader can truly call themselves a leader if they need to use the floor of the general Congress trough the speaker to communicate with

02/10/14 1:45 pm

Their party rather than using the accounts they have created for that very reason. This allows the Speaker and future Speakers to post and handle what it is their job to do without having an obligation to connect leaders with their parties which is

02/10/14 1:45 pm

Their responsibility in the first place.

02/10/14 5:08 pm

...but it is the party leader who is making the initiative to contact the Speaker for a meeting. That is not your strongest argument for this bill.

bethanyq Ess Eff
02/10/14 1:23 pm

I think it's a sensible bill. It helps keep things a bit organized. No one is required to follow official party accounts and one poll a month really isn't asking a lot of party leaders. I vote yea.

02/10/14 12:57 pm

I expect this bill to be rejected. But I am happy to have on record that the Congress is denying an opportunity for the Speaker account to be used only what it was meant for and are voting against giving party leaders any responsibility for the

02/10/14 12:57 pm

Communication within their party.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 1:05 pm

They do have a responsibility to their parties, but it's put in place by members of that party. Legislating it would be an overstep. The leaders are quite capable of managing their own parties.

02/10/14 1:08 pm

Why should the Speaker have to handle party meetings and party issues? They shouldn't. And to make them is an excuse for the Leaders not to lead their party and leave it to the speaker who should be posting legislation.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 1:13 pm

They shouldn't have to, and I never said they did. If the speaker wants to, that's fine though. Party leaders can also still use party accounts as they see fit.

02/10/14 1:16 pm

Nobody can call themselves a true leader if they cannot handle or have the responsibility to handle meetings and communication within their party without running to the speaker.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 2:01 pm

This bill doesn't even prevent them from asking the speaker to hold meetings, and without this bill, they can still post from the party accounts. Anyways, if the speaker is fine with posting party polls and so are the leaders, what's the harm?

02/10/14 3:47 pm

One major issue I have with it is that it forces me to use the GOP account. I create a party meeting on average every week through Justin. He just targets republicans.

02/10/14 3:52 pm

Then why were the Party accounts made? They were made for the leaders to lead without having to run to the Speaker. Without this bill, the Speaker may still post those polls, but it takes away the need for Speakers to do so and lets them focus on

02/10/14 3:53 pm

What their job is. Legislation and dealing with the general Congress.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 3:55 pm

If speakers want to do it, there's no harm in that. If they don't want to, then that's fine too and we can rely solely on the party accounts. No need to micromanage party account with legislation.

02/10/14 3:58 pm

It is absolutely pathetic when Party "leaders" can call themselves leaders when they need to run to the Speaker (whose job is not to connect leaders with their party, but to post legislation) to connect them with their members. They are no leaders if

02/10/14 3:59 pm

They don't have the capacity to communicate with their own members.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 4:02 pm

I know it's not part of the speaker's job, but that's why they aren't forced to. And you have to admit, it's a lot smoother when the speaker handles those polls. I try to use the party account when I can, but if other party leaders don't want to...

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 4:03 pm

...that doesn't make them any less of a leader. Being a good leader isn't defined by where you post polls, nor should it be.

02/10/14 4:06 pm

Nobody is a leader if they need to run to somebody who's job is to lead the general Congress and not their party to communicate with their members. They are less of leaders if they run from the suggestion of responsibility to lead their members.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 4:08 pm

Trying to reach the people they represent in the most convenient way for the people makes them a bad leader?

02/10/14 4:10 pm

It isn't the most convenient way for the people.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 4:13 pm

Shouldn't that be up to the party leaders to determine? After all, they know their parties the best.

02/10/14 4:15 pm

Apparently not if they need to run to somebody else for them to be able to communicate with their party.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 4:20 pm

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. However, I'm not really fond of the way you speak of party leaders. Despite differences in opinion, everyone deserves respect.

02/10/14 5:00 pm

Excuse me! Let me start by saying that Justin is more than willing to create a poll when I ask. He is very cooperative. This way every republican will see the polls. BTW I am not find of the GOP account! but I use it every now and then. My method

02/10/14 5:01 pm

...of asking Justin to create a poll does not show a lack of leadership on my part. Instead it strengthens communication which is a key part of leadership. People who are less involved may not ever follow the GOP account. The way I am conducting...

02/10/14 5:04 pm

If you would like to be civil, I'll have a dialogue here, but until you calm down and are willing to work together calmly, I'm going to ignore this line of comments.

02/10/14 5:04 pm

...meetings is very accessible, and I think the members of the GOP like my method. Pi think the last party meeting had 140+ comments. That shows that many like getting involved. I provide ways for the party to communicate more than any other party

02/10/14 5:06 pm

...leader, so IF (because I don't know if you are or not) you are suggesting that I am not doing my job as a party leader by asking Justin to post polls, I would disagree.

02/10/14 5:09 pm

I not Pi....
Afly, was that directed at me?

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 5:11 pm

To be fair AFly, you haven't been the most civil person about this either. I think if we all agree to respect each other, we'd be better off.

02/10/14 5:12 pm

Now you must explain how I am uncivil. I was simply explaining my own method.

02/10/14 5:14 pm

I "must"? No, I "must" not do anything. I am also not going to tolerate such an uncivil attack. I will be happy to talk, work together, and have a dialogue when some civility is restored.

02/10/14 5:24 pm

Ugh....What? How in the world was I uncivil? I was just pointing out how we do it in the GOO.

02/10/14 5:32 pm

*GOP* yeah my spelling is awful tonight. Any response?

02/10/14 5:46 pm

Not really. I'm not going to add to such a line of incivility and anger.

Zech22
02/10/14 12:25 pm

Even though I use the Democratic Party Account, not every party does, and we shouldn't require what isn't necessary. Sorry Nay.

02/10/14 3:46 pm

Yeah! I get justin to create a poll. It works just the same. I use the GOP account only for brainstorming ideas.

02/10/14 12:18 pm

As Party Leader, I kind of like the freedom to ask Justin to post polls for the party. I rather use that method rather than use the SOHGOP account. If the party doesn't like how things are done, there are always elections. In the Republican Party, we

02/10/14 12:20 pm

..have done a better job of communicating. We have a meeting just about once every week. This helps with relations within the party. While I appreciate the initiative, this should not require legislation.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
02/10/14 11:57 am

I'm not very fond of this bill. Shouldn't the speaker and party leaders only hold these polls as they deem necessary? And I also don't like the idea of legislating rules for party accounts.

USA1st
02/10/14 12:02 pm

I agree with you. I vote Nay.

BillieJoeCobain Earth turns from sanity
02/10/14 12:10 pm

I agree. I like some parts, hate others. Sorry. Nay

02/10/14 11:34 am

Section 1.) The accounts that have been created by the Party Leaders are hereby officially recognized. They shall be recognized in the following way. The Speaker shall post a poll encouraging members of each party

02/10/14 11:34 am

to follow the account run by the leadership of their party. Members are not required to follow the account of their party's leadership. They are only encouraged to.

02/10/14 11:35 am

Subsection 1. It is the responsibility of the leaders of each party to post polls through their Party Leadership account to remain in contact with the members of their party.

02/10/14 11:35 am

This includes answering questions by the members of their party, assembling when they see fit, and discussing future intentions of their party's agenda and votes.

02/10/14 11:36 am

Subsection 2. The leaders of each party must meet this responsibility by posting at least one poll per month specifically to welcome and answer questions about their leadership, opinions, or any other issue members of the parties wish to know of

02/10/14 11:36 am

their leaders. Party leaders are responsibility through their Party Accounts to post at least one poll a month to allow members of the party to assemble among themselves to create bills, plan voting, or anything wished by members.

02/10/14 11:36 am

Section 2. The Forum Law of 2013 is hereby repealed.

02/10/14 11:36 am

Subsection 1. The Speaker of the House must post one poll every two months to specifically allow for questions to be asked of the President.

02/10/14 11:37 am

Subsection 2. The Speaker of the House must post at least one poll every two months to specifically allow for questions to be asked of the Vice President.

02/10/14 11:37 am

Subsection 3. The Speaker of the House must post at least one poll every two months to specifically allowed for questions to be asked of them self (The acting Speaker of the House).

02/10/14 11:37 am

Subsection 4. The Speaker of the House must post at least one poll every two months to specifically invite members of all parties to assemble to create bills, discuss opinions and ideas, or whatever members of the Congress choose to meet about.

02/10/14 11:38 am

Sponsored by President Trepidhickory (I).