ThePhlegm February 5th, 2014 8:21pm

This should have been the question from earlier: How old do you think the Earth is?

Axl752 NY
02/05/14 5:08 pm

Approximately 4.5 billion years old

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/05/14 2:57 pm

In Greenland scientists drilled into the ice with a hollow drill and pulled ice out, in one sheet were 680,000 layers of ice that can only be made by a winter to summer back to winter.

do the math and see how many winter summer cycles would occur if

Rosebud Ohio
02/05/14 2:54 pm

I don't know. I could give what I guess it to be, but there's always people who'd flip out and say it's younger and people who say it's older. I'll learn eventually, in this life or another.
It's not at the top of my "must know" list currently tbh.

foxycheese202 A Mormon
02/05/14 2:40 pm

Seven thousand? What about dinosaurs? Come on man. I believe in creation, but the dinosaur bones had to get there at some point

tayen Illinois
02/05/14 3:32 pm

What makes dinosaur bones impossible at 7,000 years?

UWHuskyFan2 Woodinville, WA
02/05/14 2:19 pm

Longer. A day in the eyes of god is un fathomable compared to a day in the lives of a human

NYevo NY
02/05/14 9:02 pm

I believe that is precisely the case made in Inherit the Wind

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/05/14 1:40 pm

6,018 +/- 4 yrs. Bishop James Ussher calculated the date of Creation as 4004 BC, we're at 2014 AD, but the BC/AD shift is probably 4 years off according to scholars. However, I'm unaware whether Ussher to this into consideration. So, close enough.

Axl752 NY
02/05/14 5:07 pm

Yes im sure Bishop Ussher got it within 4 years. Scientists these days dont know what they are doing with their fancy instruments and this carbon dating BS. We knew way more back then when we didnt have this fancy science getting in the way.

Axl752 NY
02/05/14 5:08 pm

(sarcasm)

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/05/14 8:46 pm

You knew what you were in for when you decided to follow me. I believe the Bible without any apology whatever. If you want to discuss this issue with me, at least do it respectfully, and we can exchange ideas and information and maybe both learn. :-)