Fjolsvin February 5th, 2014 3:13pm

Have you done something this week to better yourself, your family, your community, mankind or the cause of freedom? If so please share so we can all get ideas.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
02/07/14 6:11 am

Hired a homeless man for a couple of projects, wished it were more.
He did a good job but headed to the liquor store.
Pondered life's complexity.
I will have better ANSWR's next week.

bMyComrade Stumptown
02/05/14 6:23 pm

I've taught in my classroom all week, I think that counts are working to better my community.

PeppyHare Do a barrel roll
02/05/14 2:11 pm

I've been running every other day for two months. Up to 2.2 miles no problem, when I started I could barely do 1.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
02/05/14 11:02 am

Not only did I watch last night's Creation/Evolution Debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye, but I ordered several videos from the Institute for Creation Research. I'm always interested in learning more that I can use in defending my Faith.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
02/05/14 11:01 am

I work daily to help people suffering from intractable epilepsy and refractory depression.

XercesBlue ...
02/05/14 9:10 am

I saved on of my customers a large amount of money, but that's about it to be honest.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
02/05/14 9:02 am

I did not know a mysterious stranger shoveled my 6 inch snow covered driveway and I never knew till my husband came home later that night. I was home all day and heard no snow blower or shoveling and nobody knocked on my door.
#payitforward

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
02/05/14 8:33 am

It was last week, but I feel really good about it and I forgot to share last week.

Somebody that I know has been going through a really hard time. He is the sole caregiver for his aged parents. His mother's needs have increased to the point where ..

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
02/05/14 8:38 am

... he had to go on part-time status at work. He was torn in multiple directions and was very frustrated.

So, I wrote a supportive email, reminding him to be kind to himself. The next time I saw him, he thanked me profusely and commented, ...

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
02/05/14 8:38 am

"Alice, whenever I feel really bad, I read your email again."

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
02/05/14 8:29 am

That doesn't sound to me, like you failed. I'm sure you supported your other family members in your mutual loss.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Fjolsvin Midgard
02/05/14 8:20 am

I admit I have failed this week and have been selfish. Several days were spent with family celebrating the life of my grandmother who recently passed. Because of this I have neglected my studies and my personal work.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
02/05/14 8:30 am

I posted above. It was meant as a reply to your comment.

Jack14 Massachusetts
02/05/14 8:55 am

That is certainly not a failure.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
02/07/14 6:08 am

The celebration of life and family bonding prepares you for contribution on many levels. Grandma is pleased and proud.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
02/14/14 2:27 pm

don't think that's a failure - you did something that benefited you as well as your family and community.