rebelfury76 February 3rd, 2014 5:58pm

Your state has seceded from the corruption and clutches of the federal govt and is now operating in its own. Borders remain open and you can freely travel, it's business as usual. Do you stay or go?

musiman28 Cotton country
02/04/14 7:01 pm

Hell, we were once our own country anyway.

musiman28 Cotton country
02/04/14 7:03 pm

We have lots of industries, and natural resources, and land for growing food and animals for food. I think we'd be fine.

Bekka Just relaxing...
02/03/14 6:05 pm

I don't think my state would last very long.

TomM
02/03/14 4:27 pm

Difficult to say. DE could become the headquarter for more companies, but of the liberals take over, it could become a liberal heaven. For me it depends on what it would be like.

skinner Wisconsin
02/03/14 2:58 pm

Massachusetts being independent would be horrible. I would become a political refugee

foxycheese202 A Mormon
02/03/14 2:13 pm

Since Colorado supplies water to surrounding states...I think everyone would freak out and USA government especially

Rob Be Safe Be Smart
02/03/14 12:59 pm

Sent you a message on Hangouts, (I don't have an email for you) when you get a chance. Quick question for you..

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
02/03/14 12:57 pm

Stay, stay, stay! And maybe send an extra 10% in taxes the first year as a thank you for standing up for my rights and liberties.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
02/03/14 12:39 pm

Leave. King County runs this state, and without a United States Constitution to keep them from getting out of hand, we would take a decisive turn away from freedom.

TitaniumOreo Upstate New York
02/03/14 12:29 pm

Is move to Canada. I don't want to be around for another Civil War.

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
02/03/14 12:15 pm

Rham Emanual runs the State of Chicago. We're doomed.

SugarShaq
02/03/14 3:09 pm

Come to TN!

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
02/03/14 3:20 pm

I'd love to live in TN again!

SugarShaq
02/03/14 3:23 pm

Come on down! No income tax, cheap housing.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/03/14 12:00 pm

I could only assume that the roads would have deteriorated to such horrible condition that we'd all be trapped.
And if that didn't get us, we'd all be dead from food poisoning because how could we know what's safe to eat without the FDA?

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/03/14 12:04 pm

Do you really have to ask?

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:44 am

Guys guys guys, RELAX

Puerto Rico is essentially what I described. Where's the chaos?

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/03/14 11:50 am

Puerto Rico isn't a foreign country and thus does not have to rely on exporting any goods, it also doesnt have to do deal with tariffs since the US deals with that

nor is it reliant on a federal organization like Tennessee is

sojourner present
02/04/14 7:05 am

Rebel, you are only partially correct. Residents of PR don't pay fed. income taxes on money earned in PR but do pay on any money earned elsewhere.

sojourner present
02/04/14 7:05 am

PR residents DO pay payroll taxes though, including social security, Medicare and unemployment. As of 2011 PR contributed $3.3 billion to theUS treasury (compared to Vermont which contributed 3.2). So your use of PR as an example is faulty.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/04/14 8:54 am

Well soj since we were talking about taxation where it relates to this myth of representation I didn't feel that the socialism lite programs the fed shoves down our throats was relevant but thanks for sharing.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/03/14 11:40 am

Well seeing as how Tennessee's pretty reliant on the federal agency that is the TVA I would probably leave.

Then there's the problem of the lack of tradable goods combined with the probable tariffs imposed by the US and the economy would die here

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:44 am

What I meant to illustrate was that DC allows it to happen and nothing changes other than no federal taxes on your paycheck.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/03/14 11:51 am

Well that's just it there would be a lot of changes in my state

honestly there would be large changes to every state besides Alaska who would probably be better off

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:53 am

I don't think so. State employees just take over the duties and buildings. It can be done. I'm not saying overnight but it could be.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/03/14 11:56 am

The TVA is pretty costly and Tennessee can't operate on its own budget today much less with the added burden of the TVA, tariffs, military etc.

some states could possibly pull it off Tennessee is not one of them

02/03/14 11:58 am

LOL! So your plan REB is for the fed gov to stop taxing REBLand, but still supply it with all the love and support they currently receive? Yeah, as a citizen of the US, that would seriously piss me off. I'd bet w/in a year folks would be clamoring

02/03/14 11:59 am

For a wall to be built surrounding REBLand.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 12:03 pm

THATS PUERTO RICO. They pay NO federal taxes yet enjoy all the protections and privileges of statehood.

Better start building that wall. How pîssed are you?

02/03/14 11:32 am

REB - just outta curiosity, what makes you think things would be bus as usual? You're now a foreign entity smack in the middle of the country. Tariffs would crush you in 2 months, water will be an issue shortly - as will electricity once taken off

02/03/14 11:34 am

The grid. You'll have a mass influx of charlatans and criminals with no way to confirm an MDs credentials, or know if the new high school principle was wanted by the FBI. Air travel is pretty much out - unless you pay for US airspace, I think REBland

02/03/14 11:34 am

Is gonna kinda suck....

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:36 am

That's all on the US government to decide how childish they want to be. The fact that you believe all of that would happen is very telling of just how "free" this country is.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:36 am

If this is a free country with free people then why are we forced to remain together? That seems ridiculous.

02/03/14 11:38 am

It's not about whether or not THIS country is free. If you secede, you are now a FOREIGN country. They means trade restrictions, tariffs, treaties needing to be in place, etc. ANY support REBLand will have prev received - full stop to that.

02/03/14 11:41 am

The analogy I'd make is the teen who tells his parents he no longer needs them. Then once the phone, power, heat, food, laundry, etc is cut off unless he pays for all, well then s/he needs the folks again. In your case in MN, better hope there's no

02/03/14 11:44 am

300 yr old border disputes with Canada. You could end up losing half of REBLand before you figure out how to get the UN to recognize you as a country. Say from Duluth to Fargo and north again.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:44 am

PR seems to handle it just fine.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:46 am

Your doom and gloom seems far fetched and is just fear mongering and speculation. The colonies did just fine. You don't really think that the borders you see today will remain the same until the end of time do you?

02/03/14 11:47 am

PR had incredible poverty, but they also have a booming tourist trade, and fishing trade. Not sure on the MN tourists...seriously, not a dig - what does come out of MN?

02/03/14 11:50 am

REB, you're bring silly. You cannot compare the colonies w today. They faced a completely undocumented/unexplored land. What I'm laying out for you isn't doom/gloom. It the reality of today's world, not 1798 but 2014.

rebelfury76 F Trump, F his base
02/03/14 11:53 am

Well I guess I don't see it as needing to go that way. What you describe is possible but not the only way.

02/03/14 12:36 pm

But as you said in another poll "you can't have it both ways." You have said repeatedly that you believe the COTUS is a static document. If a rebellion with a goal of secession was attempted, the POTUS would be REQUIRED by the COTUS to put it down

02/03/14 12:37 pm

"All enemies foreign and domestic...." This rebellion would be threatening the sovereignty of the USoA. It would have to be seen as a domestic enemy. Assuming the COTUS was followed.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
02/03/14 1:03 pm

Who said anything about rebellion? The question references only peaceful secession.

genuflect University of Minnesota
02/03/14 1:08 pm

Shaman, if MN were a sovereign nation it would have the 36th largest GDP in the world.

02/03/14 1:09 pm

PINK - peaceful or armed doesn't matter. Attempting to secede from the USoA is to threaten the nation's sovereignty. That makes any who undertake a domestic enemy. Not saying I like it - or agree - but dems da breaks.

02/03/14 1:11 pm

GEN - not sure on the ranking, but I was impressed to learn that MN is #1 when comparing how much states take from fed vs give to fed. Still don't know what they produce though?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/03/14 11:17 am

I would see how things go we have children in California and Washington.

rons on top of the world MA
02/03/14 11:08 am

An invasion is eminent! Run for you lives.