VirtualCongress February 3rd, 2014 4:25pm

Legislation: CongressmanAfly (L-PA) proposes a repeal of the Forum Law of 2013.

USA1st
02/05/14 10:43 am

Just send it to Justin's skype. Or just use the website www.sohvirtualcongress.wix.com/news

02/03/14 1:52 pm

Mr. Speaker, I apologize for the inconvenience of doing this, but I withdraw this bill.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
02/03/14 2:12 pm

Never an inconvenience. Haha, though now I can no longer postpone the requirements of the law.

02/03/14 2:13 pm

Me speaker, I'm going to send you a bill via Skype that may allow you to do that.

02/03/14 11:46 am

I like the idea of allowing an open forum for people to voice concerns without cluttering other bills

BillieJoeCobain Earth turns from sanity
02/03/14 11:14 am

It is important to the ideal of transparency in government to have questions to be asked to party leader sand government officials...

02/03/14 11:57 am

Yes, but isn't it the leaders' responsibility to be present in orders of business to contact their party members?

02/03/14 11:59 am

I would rather we have dedicated polls to answer questions so other orders of business don't get cluttered

02/03/14 12:01 pm

What do you mean by "orders of business becoming cluttered"? There aren't any comment limits that would limit communication between Party Leaders and members. Communication between leaders and members would not change anybody's vote on the issue on

02/03/14 12:03 pm

Yes but it could still make it harder to get to some earlier arguments when you have a wall of unrelated comments in the middle

I dont see why we cant just do those polls who does ot hurt?

02/03/14 12:05 pm

To what extent would these conversations between leaders and members cause difficulty in reaching earlier arguments other that a few more seconds of scrolling?

02/03/14 12:08 pm

I would just rather see a dedicated forum rather than have it spread out in other orders of business

02/03/14 12:09 pm

Besides, I thought the Party Leaders had a great idea going with the accounts for each individual party. I thought they would use those accounts to manage questions and the concerns of their parties like they do with meetings now.

02/03/14 12:12 pm

Well some people don't follow the party accounts

and what if I have a question for the GOP leadership?

and last time we did it people asked me questions as well

02/03/14 12:14 pm

Well, I have an idea to solve all this. (This isn't official, I would just like to hear your opinion on it). We pass a bill to officially recognize the Party Accounts that would have the Speaker post a poll encouraging members of each party to follow

02/03/14 12:16 pm

The accounts. The Party accounts would be used by the Leaders to assemble, answer questions, and talk to their party whenever they see fit without having to wait for action on the floor.

02/03/14 12:17 pm

Good idea but it doesnt address my problem with this bill

02/03/14 12:19 pm

We could pass a bill to require the accounts individually to have polls for questions by members if you would like the requirement to ensure your wish of a forum and to accommodate my wish not to take up the official floor.

02/03/14 12:22 pm

Once again some people may not want to follow their party's account

and what if I have a question for party leaders besides my own

and once again some people may have questions for me or Nathan or my cabinet

02/03/14 12:26 pm

On the issue of people not wanting to follow party Accounts. We would place the responsibility of holding meetings, assembling, and answering questions on the party leaders through their accounts.

02/03/14 12:27 pm

It would be easy task and a responsibility of members of each party to follow. And if they do not want to, they do not have to.

On the issue of wanting to ask questions if the leadership of another party, why would you want to do that?

02/03/14 12:30 pm

To coordinate multi partisanship and see if our goals align

02/03/14 12:32 pm

Do you think that could be done in the comments section of bills or outside the app if that group of members choose to do so?

02/03/14 12:35 pm

And this brings me back to my not wanting the comments sections of bills cluttered and the wish for an open forum

also many congressmen don't contact members outside the app

why don't you want a general open forum?

02/03/14 12:40 pm

I would support one for members of parties to contact members of other parties because that would be only one poll. Recognizing the party leadership accounts for them to contact the members of their parties would save the Speaker polls and allow

02/03/14 12:42 pm

Gatherings to take place whenever they see fit. Would you support leaving forums for each party to the leadership accounts through recognition and have one for people to contact members of other parties, on to contact you, and one to contact Nathan

02/03/14 12:42 pm

Openly through the account of the Speaker?

02/03/14 1:28 pm

I have sent you a possible compromise via Skype.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
02/03/14 11:04 am

I kind of like the idea of everyone asking questions if they want to every two months. It kind of helps clean house.

02/03/14 11:55 am

True, but isn't it the job of the leaders to stay present in the comments of bills and other orders of business to contact the members of their party?

02/03/14 12:00 pm

That could clutter up the comment section in other bills and result in distraction from the bill's subject

02/03/14 12:02 pm

Do you think chats between leaders and members would have an effect on the votes of a different subject?

02/03/14 12:04 pm

No but it could stop some arguments from being heard due to a more cluttered comment section

02/03/14 12:05 pm

How would it be harder to reach older comments? It would only require a few seconds of scrolling.

02/03/14 12:07 pm

It would not stop any arguments from being heard because it does not stop any arguments from being made and it does not eliminate any comments of arguments.

02/03/14 12:09 pm

It could deter people from reading the lower comments when they see a large block of unrelated comments

Why not justvhave an open forum and keep everything organized?

02/03/14 12:09 pm

02/03/14 12:12 pm

If an amount of comments that could be passed by scrolling for a few seconds is enough to deter reading lower comments then I wonder what members of this Congress are that unmotivated to read further.

02/03/14 12:14 pm

An open forum will help keep things less cluttered with little effort I see nothing bad with that

02/03/14 12:17 pm

I have an idea for a solution, please see above.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
02/03/14 9:33 am

For clarity's sake: A 'yea' vote on this poll is a vote in favor of repealing the forum law. A 'nay' vote favors keeping the law.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
02/03/14 9:26 am

Be it resolved that once every two months the speaker must create a poll on which the Party and deputy leaders may be asked questions by the Congress.