DeusOrbus February 3rd, 2014 3:15pm

Should the Democratic party change their motto to, "Well, at least we're not those guys, so we've got that going for us."

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 8:28 am

Lol yup. Or "hey, we could be a lot worse!"

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 8:29 am

Exactly! I know too many people that are like, "I'm not a big fan of the Dems but at least they're not fucking bonkers like the Republicans."

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 8:46 am

That's kind of where I'm at. If they weren't corporate sellouts and did anything for the environment, I would really like the party.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 9:02 am

For me it's being corporate sell outs, giant pussies, and caring too much what the people think.

02/03/14 9:17 am

The Dems have just passed a law that affects 1/5 of our economy and gave the insurance companies and drug companies a windfall. The health sector donated 4-1 to Obama and Dems compared to Rs in 2008. Why do you think that is?

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 9:21 am

Interesting that "the Dems" passed that law without a majority in the house.

Every conversation doesn't need to become partisan bickering, Scott.

02/03/14 9:53 am

Revising history? The Dems had the majority in the House and Senate when it was passed.

You hypocritical wonk!! The entire poll question and your comments are partisan.

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 9:58 am

Kscott, when the adults are having a conversation, just be quiet.

02/03/14 10:02 am

That's what I thought. When you realize how dumb you look making false statements you resort to ad hom.

Btw, I'm older than both of you.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 10:29 am

Kscott, you're the first who used ad hominem. I don't see why tbh.

02/03/14 10:37 am

You're right about the "wonk" statement but he made a ridiculously stupid statement.

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 10:54 am

No kscott, D and I were discussing merits and shortcomings of the Dem party. As always, you thought it was another great time to air your Fox News talking points and personal attacks. There is nothing productive about your one-sides contributions.

eLucidate writing
02/03/14 10:55 am

Hence, the word "bickering", because it seems all you are capable of on these threads.

02/03/14 11:02 am

I was addressing your charge that the R's are corporate sellouts when the Dems just provided the largest windfall to the health sector.
It's not bickering unless you don't like the facts presented to you. I don't think you quite get how the app works

02/03/14 11:04 am

"If they weren't corporate sellouts and did anything for the environment, I would really like the party." <---this is not "discussing the merits and shortcomings of the Dem party", is it?

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 11:06 am

We were calling democrats corporate sell out buddy. Both parties are.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 11:06 am

He was saying that if dems weren't corporate sell outs he would be more inclined to like them, as would I.

02/03/14 11:31 am

Then I misunderstood the comment

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 11:54 am

It's all good, happens to the best of us.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 12:36 pm

Also Kscott, in a previous comment you said that T-rex soft tissue had been discovered preserved which didn't sound right since the DNA should have decayed. But you were right and my information source had been dated to 2004 which was 3 years prior

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 12:37 pm

to that discovery, and it was preserved by iron, so thanks for mentioning that it was a really interesting fact.

02/03/14 12:47 pm

Deus, no worries, we all make mistakes or occasionally misspeak. Though I do commend making a point to correct yourself. :-)

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 12:51 pm

Well I'm an aspiring scientist, which means that I'm going to be wrong a lot since that's how science revises itself. And if you're right about scientists being politicized and misrepresenting information I'll set that straight.

02/03/14 1:07 pm

My original career path was towards medicine with a secondary goal of working for the CDC if for any reason I never made it into med school. Though I did get accepted into a few programs I made a change of plans towards medical device sales, partly

02/03/14 1:09 pm

due to hearing multiple viewpoints from the doctors I worked with at the hospital. Not to get to in-depth on that, what I will say is that experience teaches you things that you'd never have expected coming from an optimistic "people mean well"

02/03/14 1:11 pm

attitude. You learn to investigate why someone acts or behave the way they do and it almost every time comes back to money. Even research scientists face that decision. They go into the field believing they will only search for truth and then find

02/03/14 1:13 pm

out that their funders have an agenda and if you won't come to the results they want then someone else will. Grant money can go to someone else. Same with those that rock the boat on general beliefs. You will be ridiculed and ostracized. Only those

02/03/14 1:14 pm

with the strongest convictions will hold to truths when you're career is threatened.

02/03/14 1:14 pm

I honestly wish you the best. We need more honest scientists searching for truth. What field are you interested in?

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 1:17 pm

Evolutionary biology, specifically macroevolution.

02/03/14 1:29 pm

Interesting. I would say that is definitely one of those fields that is controversial and would require honest introflection to look at the evidence from all sides. Look at scientific reasoning for and against all evidence.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/03/14 1:32 pm

Yeah, I have no intention of finding anything other than the truth.

02/03/14 2:06 pm

I wish you the best of luck :-)