Wert February 3rd, 2014 2:59am

App Recommendation: Cloud Clip. Allows you to share your clipboard between devices and saves a history of your clipboard for all devices. Handy when SoH is being wonky.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
02/03/14 7:56 am

I just copy to Notes. Works fine for me.

Wert A picture of my package
02/02/14 9:31 pm

There have also been many times when I started a post on my phone, but did some research on my computer or iPad. In this case, I could use the shared clipboard to paste the URL I found on the computer into the post I started on the phone.

EarlyBird Portland
02/02/14 10:59 pm

Wait, I'm confused. I've used the copy and paste a couple times but didn't use clipboard for it. Where do I find clipboard?

Wert A picture of my package
02/03/14 12:06 am

The clipboard is where your copy (or cut) is stored. Normally, only one copy or cut can occupy the clipboard at a time. This gives you the ability to keep a stack of clipboard items so you can paste them somewhere else. On a phone or tablet, this is

Wert A picture of my package
02/03/14 12:07 am

Convenient since "multitasking" on such devices is pretty awkward.

GrandmaALiCE
02/03/14 6:44 am

EB, if you have used copy and paste (and who hasn't?), you WERE using the clipboard. It's in your device's memory. For normal use, you don't have to "find" the clipboard. It's automatic.

Does that help?

EarlyBird Portland
02/03/14 6:52 am

Ok, I understand now. Thank you :)

violence Pretty hate machine
02/02/14 9:08 pm

Why is it useful when SOH is being wonky? Just for things to do on the internet?

Wert A picture of my package
02/02/14 9:29 pm

No. Many times a post won't go through when the servers are busy like today. I'll copy my posts to the clipboard before posting just in case. Today, it was handy because the servers went down several times. I still had my clipping queued up for it.

Wert A picture of my package
02/02/14 9:32 pm

violence Pretty hate machine
02/02/14 11:54 pm

Ah. I see. I think you might put a lot more effort into your posts than I do.

Wert A picture of my package
02/03/14 12:01 am

On some, I might. It makes me crazy when I'm typing a thought out long reply and it gets lost because the server choked or, more often, someone calls. When you are mid post and leave it then return, mist of the time SoH resets and post is gone.

XercesBlue ...
02/02/14 8:26 pm

Ehh. Sounds like a nice app, but I don't have any real use for it.