cpaswr February 2nd, 2014 7:39pm

Have you heard that Phillip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment earlier today?

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness
02/02/14 11:33 pm

Just another example of extreme artistry and talent wasted on a Junkie, just like JCash, Ray Charles, JohnBelushi...to name a few.

cpaswr 864511320
02/03/14 5:30 am

Exactly. The list is way too long.

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness
02/03/14 8:34 am

Jimmy Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Jim Morrison
Elvis
Whitney Houston

pcox104 Florida
02/02/14 3:56 pm

CBS is saying he was found with a syringe in his arm. If true, that sounds like a suicide to me. It takes A LOT to black out before you even take the syringe out of your arm.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/02/14 1:26 pm

An amazing actor

cpaswr 864511320
02/02/14 1:21 pm

He was a great character actor.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
02/02/14 1:01 pm

I don't think I've ever felt anger in response to a celebrity's death before, but this makes me so angry. He was one of the most talented actors of our time; how was he unable to get appropriate help? How did his friends and colleagues not notice?

Kay41 the Midwest
02/02/14 1:17 pm

Sounds like you are blaming everyone besides him for his death? A person himself has to want and has to accept help from others. Others can't force it on him.

Having said that, I agree that he was extremely talented.

comppete Las Vegas
02/02/14 1:27 pm

I have experience with heroin addicts. That's why I always make the comment; You cannot help those who won't help themselves. He was a great talent. My favorite movie with him is Flawless. He played a Drag Queen.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
02/02/14 1:31 pm

A while ago, he was seeking treatment. Yes, the addict needs to want help, but there needs to be an army of help to swoop in when they express the desire.

comppete Las Vegas
02/02/14 1:39 pm

I don't necessarily agree with the army idea. Many times they say they want help, but it wasn't necessarily their own idea. They were coaxed into seeking help. If it is their idea, chances are they will overcome the addiction. They have to want to.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
02/02/14 1:42 pm

Kay, I'm blaming everyone including him. I blame our drug policies; I blame our culture of celebrity; I blame our increasing anti-community-mindedness; I blame his colleages for letting it slide; and I blame him for thinking that he could handle it.

comppete Las Vegas
02/02/14 1:48 pm

I blame him and his enablers. Most of these celebs have a bunch of sponges that that hang on them like a herpesvirus.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
02/03/14 8:00 am

Arcto- have you ever taken a friend to a Methadone Clinic? Long lines!
Have you ever been to a country where Heroine is legal? Short lines
Drug addiction is a complex issue, with blame to spread everywhere. No culture/country has figured it out yet.

pcox104 Florida
02/02/14 12:47 pm

Didn't know who he was, but drug overdoses are sad...