DrReid February 2nd, 2014 7:00pm

When checking my poll questions, I find that I generally have more Independents voting, than Republicans and Democrats combined. Any guesses as to why that is? I am baffled.

ron6923 parts unknown
02/04/14 12:58 pm

Maybe because Dems follow Dems, republicans follow republicans, yet independents follow everyone, as we're interested in the full picture, not just one side.

MrWolfe Nashville
02/02/14 2:29 pm

Same here. I think pragmatics such are yourself tend to attract independents.
I'm typically close to even on GOP & Dem votes with normally at least twice as many indies. I'm actually surprised I don't have more libertarians

MrWolfe Nashville
02/02/14 2:33 pm

Another possible reason: what I'm observing in pop culture seems to be a move away from party affiliation & more toward an independent, objective viewpoint as it relates to politics.

TalkPolitics Chevy Chase, MD
02/02/14 2:23 pm

Sorry buddy. I'll stop voting if that helps! :D

R3dzombi3 Space, probably
02/02/14 1:57 pm

Party affiliation is getting weaker, more people today tend to dislike identifying with one side.

MisterE Conservistan
02/02/14 12:30 pm

Same here. Maybe Independents tend to like to hear other people's perspectives.

inge MIA
02/02/14 12:24 pm

Same here. I'm assuming you are followed by people who agree with you more.

OhTheIrony Learning from you
02/02/14 12:17 pm

Seeing as you attract similar followers, I'll throw out my opinion. SOH has a higher proportion of Republicans than Democrats. You probably attract left-leaning people so you end up with a higher proportion of the Democrats than the Republicans.

OhTheIrony Learning from you
02/02/14 12:19 pm

This results in you having an equal number of Democrats and Republicans. Furthermore, I suspect Independents are the largest group of people in this app. Although you probably attract a smaller promotion of Independents than you do Democrats, you...

OhTheIrony Learning from you
02/02/14 12:20 pm

still end up with a sizable number of people simply because the pool of Independents is so large.

cpaswr just say the letters
02/02/14 12:02 pm

It just could be the mix of your followers.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
02/02/14 12:02 pm

Check your followers. My guess is you have more independents than Democrats and Republicans combined. Or close to it, allowing for some dropouts.

DrReid Ever present.
02/02/14 12:01 pm

Maybe tony did a poll on this earlier, but I wonder if independents are more likely to be active and follow people in general.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
02/02/14 12:05 pm

If that is the case your experience would be true for other posters as well, regardless of their affiliation (or lack thereof). Check to see if the same is true for other posters. It doesn't seem to be in the general polls.