NDAmerican February 2nd, 2014 5:40pm

Kerry just threatened Israel with Boycotts if they do not begin peace negotiations with the Palestinians. Benjamin Netanyahu refused, saying he will not be forced into negotiations by the barrel of a gun. Is Kerry's actions right, or is he wrong?

cowboy Dog Lives Matter
02/03/14 2:26 am

What an embarrassment Kerry is. I apologize to the Israelis.

comppete Las Vegas
02/02/14 1:51 pm

Kerry is a bloody moron. I cannot wait until we get rid of these idiots.

suppressedID I cant breathe
02/03/14 3:37 am

Yes, because politics will change when the people change.
:-/

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
02/02/14 1:00 pm

Interesting. I laugh at it, but I can see his rationale.

chickencookie
02/02/14 11:55 am

Kerry should go back on his sailboat.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
02/02/14 10:54 am

Kerry is a dumbass

political Georgia
02/02/14 10:52 am

Why in the world we sympathize with the Palestinians? Israel is our friend. The Palestinians are not exactly our friend.

02/02/14 10:56 am

Exactly, the only true Muslim nation we are actually friends with is Jordan and even they think this is crazy, because Israel is one of their greatest allies.

02/02/14 10:42 am

This question may be a little bias, but it still shows that we as a nation are overstepping the line to oppress one of the only true allies for a group that will not give up until they eliminate Israel. We as a country can not let this happen!

02/02/14 10:47 am

I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, you don't threaten your friends. On the other, the threat of war and instability in the ME has been an issue since I was born (1969). I also feel that Israel is to the US as North Korea is to China.

02/02/14 10:49 am

Not so much in how the countries are run, but the threat of the "big brother" of each of the smaller countries allows them to not play nice with their neighbors with impunity. I think it's kind of hard to justify telling China they need to support NK

02/02/14 10:50 am

The last generalization I don't agree with. However can someone enlighten me on how boycotts are passed? Are they treaties or legislation. do they need 2/3 of the senate or majority of both houses?

02/02/14 10:50 am

And actually shazam the big brother for Israel is what's holding them back from being aggressive. Israel has the capabilities of destroying all their neighbors but America holds them back.

02/02/14 10:50 am

less, and take the side of the neighboring countires/ROW more, when we are not willing to do the same with Israel. Kerry also is responsible for looking at the LT security of the US. As long as we're their big brother, it's going to be VERY hard for

02/02/14 10:51 am

us to gain any support or develop friendship with the Muslim nations. Like I said.....conflicted.

02/02/14 10:54 am

WV - what do you not agree with? And respectfully they do not. Their only ace is nuclear weapons. If Pakistan entered the fray - and they would - that would be trumped as well.

02/02/14 10:55 am

We don't need to be friends with people who burn our flags and call us the great satan. This isn't a threat to national security, we need to invest more in Israel and stops pricing them to sacrifice.

02/02/14 10:57 am

Shazam, Israel has one of the most skilled special forces in the world, one of the most advanced technology, and the spirit of god behind them. Look at the wars of 1967 and 1973 with very little help they overcame 5 Muslim nations, where the odds

02/02/14 10:58 am

Tremendously in their favor. And Pakistan wouldn't become extremely invoked because that could provoke war with India. Which they are already involved with.

02/02/14 10:58 am

Sorry tremendously not in their favor* whoops

02/02/14 10:59 am

WV, you do realize that until Israel was set up by the UK following WWII, the US had incredibly strong relationships with all the nations the ME. It was one of the largest tourists destinations for American families, They also supported us in WWI

02/02/14 10:59 am

and WWII. Ever ask yourself WHY they burn our flag, and WHY we're now called the Great Satan?

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/02/14 11:10 am

Well if you're talking about Iran specifically I'd say that it's because we assassinated their good leader, the one that wanted to become an actual nation and not just an oil facility for the US. And subjected them to 50 years of shitty leaders.

02/02/14 11:12 am

Because we recognize a race of people who aren't extremist and truly believe in justice. Shazam you CAN NOT Change my mind in Israel, I've been there I've seen the hatred by the Palestinians not because they "lost" homes but because there are Jews.

02/02/14 11:20 am

WV, uhhhh......have you heard of the OIC? The Muslim alliance that formed after their loss of the six-day war? Pakistan would absolutely join the mix.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_of_Islamic_Cooperation

02/02/14 11:22 am

Deus - completely agree. I'd expand it though to include ALL the political meddling we've done in the region. Initially it was done to prevent the expansion of communism, but it's gotten way out of hand.

02/02/14 11:24 am

WV - I in no way want to change your mind on Israel. I think they're an amazing nation as well - the level of entrepreneurs coming out of that land is wicked awesome. My POINT though is that if we consider the global political landscape, and the

02/02/14 11:24 am

You're right shazam, we should stop meddling and just let Israel finally have the freedom to do what it needs to do.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/02/14 11:25 am

Possibly initially, but there's an old Iran propaganda video from the 30's I believe where they say that we need Iran strictly for their oil etc. which I thought was funny.

02/02/14 11:26 am

impact this has on US relations worldwide, our steadfast refusal to consider any complaint against Israel simply bc they are Israel is costing us as a nation more than the the worth of that relationship. There is a definite parallel to the POC NC

02/02/14 11:27 am

relationship. I'm not advocating throwing Israel to the wolves, nor would I suggest we stop supporting them in any way we can. "Encouraging" them to play nice is the sandbox though - the same as we want POC to do with NK - I can get behind.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/02/14 11:27 am

You act as if Israel is in the right and somehow every other nation deserves to be wiped off of the face of the earth by them, which is concerning.

02/02/14 11:34 am

Deus - I agree, and it's so common. We get involved in a deep and unwarranted way in the affairs of another state, they become hostile as a result of our unwanted involvement, a % of the US says "wipe them off the map!" What I find I don't know

02/02/14 11:36 am

hypocritical? Ironic? Is that the group of folks with the "Wipe" mentality are also often the same group who scream they would rise up if our gov attempted the same sort of actions here. THEN its all tyranny this, and rebellion that.

02/02/14 1:25 pm

I have nothing against other nations. I believe each one should have the right to defend itself without the "world police". However I will not recognize any group that refuses to do anything but push to eliminate Israel.

02/02/14 1:26 pm

WV - I agree with you that that objective needs to go away.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
02/02/14 1:28 pm

Yes, that mentality is atrocious. It would be easier if people could just quit being insufferable cunts and learn to get along.

02/02/14 1:37 pm

Yes that's why I will not recognize any group that's purpose is that. It may seem at first like yet want peace but they continuously wanting more. So I refuse to negotiate. As for the rest of the Middle East we need to get out and stop being daddy