MrMilkdud February 2nd, 2014 4:23pm

Regarding the hangover treatment service from my last poll: Does a service like this encourage excessive drunkenness?

EarlyBird Portland
02/02/14 1:32 pm

No, this business isn't going to encourage over drinking. My guess is the customers are heavy drinkers anyway. I'd be interested in finding out what days of the week they get the most business.

swervin Maryland
02/02/14 2:14 pm

It's Vegas. I think every night of the week they get the most business!

EarlyBird Portland
02/02/14 2:19 pm

If it's in Vegas, it's easy to see it being a big hit. People are there to drink and gamble. Drink too much? No problem. We can fix it so you can party again tonight :-)

curly
02/02/14 12:59 pm

If they have any decent advertising, they would be encouraging excessive drunkenness. It's their business.

RJ1969 SoCal
02/02/14 11:22 am

Besides the cost, the idea of going to get a needle stuck in your arm would probably keep their clientele and demand to a minimum.

Isn't this why they invented the Bloody Mary anyways?

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/02/14 11:29 am

The owner said in an interview that they've had over 10,000 customers in the last couple years alone. It's a big business.

RJ1969 SoCal
02/02/14 11:34 am

Wow! Well, kudos for the novel idea.

146787456777 .......
02/02/14 10:54 am

this is Las Vegas we're talking about. People don't need encouragement to drink to excess. Most casinos give free drinks for crying out loud. I think hangover treatment isn't out of order for a place like that

cpaswr 864511320
02/02/14 10:50 am

It might at first. But, if the hangover treatment isn't covered by insurance, $200 out of pocket will sober someone up very quickly.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/02/14 11:22 am

They don't take insurance and prefer to deal in cash. Apparently some unscrupulous customers have refused the charges afterward.

swervin Maryland
02/02/14 11:58 am

If you refuse to pay in Vegas, you end up buried in the desert. Better to just pay...

Posco teach me
02/02/14 10:47 am

Maybe in a small number of people but I don't think many would have the money to throw on it.

HotelCompany sight picture
02/02/14 10:41 am

Yes, for those who know of the service and don't blink at the price.

chickencookie
02/02/14 9:34 am

I don't think so. People do what they want with or without consequences. Are the hotels notifying patrons at the check in counter? Are their posters in bars? I think most visitors to Vegas either wont know this service exists and wont care that it

chickencookie
02/02/14 9:36 am

Does. Vegas baby. They are there to have a good time. I think that is the attitude anyway. It will not stop people from drinking less than they would.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/02/14 9:34 am

No. While you are awesome, I don't think you have that much influence.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/02/14 11:12 am

Yes I really admire you and think you're wonderful person. But I don't think the one question here would have that much influence if someone was going to over drink or not.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/02/14 11:14 am

I think a question like "do you like whipping cream" would have more influence. It probably could trigger something. Where someone might go "Oh I have to have some looking whipped cream".

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/02/14 11:14 am

That's not what I was asking! :)
I was asking if that _company_ would have that kind of influence- if someone would be more likely to drink irresponsibly because they knew they were going to get a hangover cure in the morning.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/02/14 11:17 am

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood it. I think the fraction it would be very very very small. That's pretty expensive. Maybe some rich kids might do it. Or as part of the package for 21st birthday. Maybe bachelor party.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
02/02/14 11:18 am

No I think you're very nice person I dedicated family man.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
02/02/14 11:20 am

The owner was interviewed last night and said they've had 10,000 customers in the last couple years- it's a big business!

And thank you for the compliment :) I don't anticipate needing a hangover cure any time soon!

Keldeo Laverre City
02/02/14 9:34 am

Logically, I would guess. Don't have any numbers though.