Skarface February 2nd, 2014 12:34pm

UK: Labour Party or Conservative Party?

LP CP

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 1:20 pm

The tuition fees hike was what really cratered their support and if you notice, Cameron will send a LibDem out when things go badly to the media and a Tory when things go well.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 12:03 pm

Labour. However, depending on my constituency, I might tactically vote Liberal Democrat to keep the Tories out. It's funny, if Charles Kennedy had still been LibDem leader, I would have voted for them in a heartbeat.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 12:20 pm

He quit because he couldn't overcome his boozing problem. Great guy though.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 12:57 pm

Yeah. Kennedy was always a likable and principled guy. He also knows how to do well in elections. He won a Tory seat in the Highlands at age 23 for the SDP when it had already lost its momentum. I've always been a big fan of Kennedy.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 1:01 pm

It really is too bad that the Lib Dems forced him out. Ming Campbell was a good person to replace him with if he hadn't been so old and Nick Clegg... Well, he seems like he's in over his head.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 1:08 pm

Yeah I've met Ming Campbell a few times, nice genuine guy who really does work to help his constituents. Hard to see him as a national leader though.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 1:13 pm

Nick Clegg got a huge bounce from the first UK TV debates. He was bold and honest in a way the other leaders were not. But he could afford to be because he was never a contender to win and would never need stand by his statements in the same way.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 1:16 pm

The coalition has cratered the lib dems support and I suspect the need to keep it real will make him a little less bold in the next election.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 11:48 am

Ugh, this poll was a struggle. We really need a "neither" option that lets people view the results. But I've never voted Labour so I went with Conservative.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 12:05 pm

You might find in certain constituencies the Labour candidate more conservative than the Tory.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 12:13 pm

I would have never voted labour because of Tony bLiar.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 12:18 pm

Tony Blair turned Labour into the Tories-light. He's also no longer their leader.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 12:22 pm

Yup he broke clause 4 and stole the Tories best clothes. But I always thought he was overly theatrical.

fredd TrumpLand
02/02/14 12:25 pm

'97 was the year labour encouraged tactical voting to beat the Tories. They had a woman-only shortlist in my constituency which I disagreed with, so I tactically voted against them. They still won it, but the Blair babes are history.

talbotfarwell Appalachia
02/02/14 11:26 am

I actually like UKIP. Can't barrage the Farage.

drcynic Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/14 12:04 pm

Why waste your vote? UKIP would need to get over 20% of the national vote just to win a seat.