Show Of Hands December 18th, 2012 12:00am

Do you approve of how Speaker Boehner is handling fiscal cliff negotiations?

12/25/12 9:09 am

Yes I too feel sorry for the democrats. Their smug superiority complex only serves to alienate a large portion of the American people. They act as if they can' t be challenged or disagreed with. Dogma is very offensive and the dems better take notice.

tdubbs12
12/24/12 12:41 am

Why isn't there a question on Obamas performance on the fiscal cliff?

DrReid Ever present.
12/23/12 9:22 am

His party is so incompetent, I almost feel sorry for him.

lindiihop Michigan
12/22/12 1:34 pm

*insert immature erection joke here*

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
12/22/12 9:06 am

Hey, finally something that Dems, Reps and Indies agree on! Boehner is a toadstool. He needs to go as Speaker, let's get someone like Paul Ryan, or Ted Nugent in as Speaker of the House. The Speaker is not required to be a member of the House.

12/22/12 7:41 am

Your point soul? O is "offlimits" in a question like this? Some of us are "not of the body" and are not part if the O cult. Get used to it.

soulfighter
12/22/12 1:19 am

Ummm I think the question was about Boehner. There is an O poll question.

12/22/12 12:23 am

However, while the news media will drone O's blame of the Rs, those of us with brain cells will know the game that O is playing and that he is fully responsible for not showing leadership to get congress to put together an equitable and compromised budget agreement which could pass in the hse & sen

12/22/12 12:12 am

Anything you could possibly have to say in return is simply not worth reading so I apologize to everyone else for sara palin drone's dumb, morally and intellectually bankrupt and ineffective whining in response to my opinions. He is but a drone with an empty head and I pity him for his stupidity.:0)

12/22/12 12:05 am

Winning the election does not mean Obama calls the shots. That's just the way it is and you have no choice but to deal with it. O is not going to get his way. He WILL have to compromise or he will continue to look like the fool that he is.

12/22/12 12:01 am

Time to cringe again dumb @ss! You simply reinforce everything I've said and everything I've said about you. You are a cult obama worshiper who can't see past kissing the O man's @ss every day. YOU don't decide anything for me and your insults are lame and ineffective. You lose.... AGAIN.

redeye
12/21/12 11:45 pm

Both democrats and republicans share the name for getting us to where we are at, but Obama isn't gonna fix it. He hasn't offered any cuts, he just makes demands and threats.

redeye
12/21/12 11:40 pm

Everyone who works will have to pay more of their money to pay for those who don't. Obama likes to spread hatred of the rich, truth is if you make enough to pay taxes, you're rich in his eyes.

redeye
12/21/12 11:37 pm

The only way tax increases will do anything significant is if taxes are raised on the middle class. That's what happens if a deal isn't reached, and its what Obama wants. If he can blame the republicans for it, that's just icing on the cake

gcoopdogg In a Mansion in My Head
12/21/12 9:24 pm

Boehner is a petulant child. He's treating this like,a game and he can't even control his own caucus to fall in like. BOEHNER = EPIC FAIL,

soulfighter
12/21/12 6:33 pm

This joe can't even get his party to agree with him.

12/21/12 3:01 pm

Oh capt BS, every single time I'm alerted you've left me a comment I cringe.... What gem of complete dumbassery am I about to have to read??

*sigh*.... At least make it interesting. This dumbass shit you post is too predictable and furthers the negative stereotype of people on the right

12/21/12 2:50 pm

Palindrome for once I think it's possible you are correct and while the cliff will be uncomfortable it may be part of a real solution. I'm glad we could agree for a change.

12/21/12 2:35 pm

Sara: Mad much? You obviously dont understand my name because your head is too far up o's @ss! A "B" String is something on an electric Bass bonehead! I am a musician and it is how I make my living. Geeze Obama supporters are so ignorant! I might be insulted but your feeble attempts are to weak!

12/21/12 2:25 pm

SaraPalinDrone you are just wrong.
Wrong on Reagan.
Wrong on republicans.
Wrong on who owns the debt (O owns it)
Wrong Wrong Wrong
Merry Christmas to you in Obama cult fantasyland!!

Hahahahaha

ishady 86451132020
12/21/12 1:54 am

It's time for plan C. The one where Eric cantor becomes speaker and Grover norquist is completely irrelevant.

12/20/12 11:19 pm

By going over, we'll probably be in a recession again. But in the end, we will have shrugged off a great great deal of waste. The tax cuts expire, social spending cuts implemented and defense slashed etc. It will be cleansing

Maybe that's the only way we can actually get back to where we need to be

MrWolfe Nashville
12/20/12 8:52 pm

I'm with palindrome on this. History and logic says that addicts must hit bottom to heal properly.
With largely corrupt politicians in this scenario; we have a perfect storm for threatening the public with something that *needs* to happen!
Damn the torpedoes. Call the bluff & strip the band-aid.

12/20/12 7:39 pm

Our GDP vs our Debt is close to if not more than 100%!! We are headed for a cliff alright, the same one Greece went over!! Unemployment at 7.7 is still unacceptable. You cannot justify it by citing the idiocy of Europe as a comparison.

12/20/12 7:34 pm

Rational as you see it or truly rational?? We'll see won't we. Tax and spend!! There's a solid policy LOL!

12/20/12 7:32 pm

Who cares?? I'm quite sure Romney will not allow such a petty thing to haunt him. If I were him I would view it as "I gave the voters a chance at true hope and change and they didn't want it. Screw them then. I'll just live well and rich." It was a win - win for Romney. No skin off his back I'm sure

12/20/12 5:04 pm

Because you disagree.... How?

sharkjenkins
12/20/12 4:54 pm

I am truly amazed at how ignorant Obama voters are. Good Grief.

12/20/12 12:25 pm

I've read several articles that say going over the cliff will cause an economic slowdown/recession at first but will end up making the economy stronger

Fiddler Oregon
12/20/12 7:32 am

All right you got me dude, ill keep this in mind next time i debate with someone. See you in the commebts anf have a merry chrustmas

ScrewU Gone
12/20/12 6:57 am

I hate to break it to you Pali, but going over the fiscal cliff won't balance the budget. Not even close. That's not even considering the damage another recession will cause. Screw history... THIS president created a nation where the wealthy are still doing fine and most of the rest are scraping by.

12/20/12 12:10 am

Lol, merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too Fid. it's just an app. No need to get your feelings hurt over what people say over the Internet. This is just for entertainment. People usually don't mean what they say over the Internet when talking to absolute strangers (I hope)

12/20/12 12:02 am

Absolutely! If we want to switch over to democrats, yeah. They absolutely suck. They're opportunistic leeches. For example, they've capitalized on this gun thing to try and score a monumental political victory for their base. Except for a few, they're all garbage. I'd love a viable third party

Fiddler Oregon
12/20/12 12:01 am

Forget it, i cant get through to you. I hope youve got a friend somewhere out there because honestly, i feel sorry for you bro. Merry Christmas

Fiddler Oregon
12/19/12 11:56 pm

Can we just agree on something maybe, i want us to honestly agree on one thing. Both parties are outdated and it is time for a new party or third parties to move in.

12/19/12 11:56 pm

Fiddler, wait. You represent everyone?

12/19/12 11:55 pm

but that's no way to try and argue or debate or whatever you want to do. If you disagree, that's fine. But if you INSIST on challenging, then stick to the topic. Diverting is a weasel tactic.

12/19/12 11:53 pm

Fiddler- I'm sticking to the topic. Democrats have failed and had a poor economic record? Sure! But that's NOT what I'm saying here. If you or anyone challenges my claim, prove it. Don't divert the issue. If we want to talk about how dems have pooped it, I have a mile-long list of grievances.

Fiddler Oregon
12/19/12 11:51 pm

Im may be diverting the issue, but thats only because im trying to help you. On SOH (ill be honest) your viewed as a tempermental dick. Try to chill and people will be happier to debate with you.

12/19/12 11:48 pm

Now... Proof that the republicans have had a good economic record? Or are we going to keep diverting the issue?

Fiddler Oregon
12/19/12 11:47 pm

Palindrome, youre obviously educated but you dont have to be an asshole. Do you ever try to look at things from the opposite point of view... Or even a different one? If you just approach life with such a one sided attitude, you will only be ignorant

12/19/12 11:46 pm

Fiscal cliff deal, the budget will be balanced.... So... Either way our economy will most likely be stronger by the end of Obama's term. So.... That's a better track record than Republicans. Obama's isn't as great as Clinton's, but it we'll see if he ruins the trend or carries it on. 4 more years

12/19/12 11:44 pm

The DIFFERENCE between democrats and republicans is 1) Democrats didn't CREATE the debt. 2) Democrats have worked to balance the budget instead of just tacking on more and more and more like republicans. The jury is still out on Obama. If we go over the cliff, we'll balance the budget. If we make a

Fiddler Oregon
12/19/12 11:43 pm

Damn palindrome you are nerd raging

12/19/12 11:42 pm

Are you talking about Carter? Carter dealt with a bad recession but didn't explode the debt like Reagan. Under Obama, the debt HAS exploded. Erm, point out again where that was denied? You're head was so far up your ass you started hallucinating about things that were said due to lack of oxygen

Fiddler Oregon
12/19/12 11:38 pm

So if a democrat buries the economy, its because of the resession? Give ne a break if your going to be an ignorant ass, at least be an ignorant ass to both parties palindrome

12/19/12 10:57 pm

.... "BS"- what a spot-on perfect name!

12/19/12 10:57 pm

"Long term peace and prosperity"

Wth? The Gulf War, Bosnian war, Somalian intervention, Iraqi airstrikes, Iraq war II, Afghan war, war on terror? Era of peace? Are you high?
Prosperity? You mean the immediate recession after he left that lasted until Clinton's leadership balanced the budget?