Vivivero
01/09/13 3:36 pm

Driving after one beer, one shot, or one glass a wine is considered driving intoxicated.
So although many people stated yes, many may have not driven SHWASTED. Be careful when assuming things.

tanner1is2a3douch
01/09/13 8:33 am

Anybody that drives whale intoxicated is just asking to get killed

GODHATESU!
01/06/13 7:39 pm

Just cuz we answer yes does not mean that 50% of the cars on the road are drunk. The level of intoxication is different for everyone. Some people could be over the legal limit and not even know it. Two beers/glasses of wine with dinner could put you over in most states.

qwerty15 California
01/03/13 10:58 am

You have to take into account that SoH represents only a small population of the US. Although these results are surprising and a little terrifying, chances are they're somewhat exaggerated. Still, I pray that those who made the poor decision to drive under the influence realize their mistake.

susanr Colorado
01/03/13 4:12 am

I imagine there are a few who do it... well, just because they can. Or if they have a spouse or parent who uses the same device. But year, I see it in other polls too & it just baffles me. I mean, check the responses first, or something. Geez.

ChelseaK1990 OKC
01/03/13 3:59 am

Ignore Stubin. I think you're brave for being honest about it.

ChelseaK1990 OKC
01/03/13 3:55 am

So Jesus was a moron?

sarahrep
01/02/13 8:05 pm

Thank you for the encouragement. :)

KathleenS
01/02/13 8:03 pm

The question was 'ever'... So, 20 years ago I did it once. I was lucky to make it home and swore I'd never do it again and I did not. So, I answered YES, to be honest. The older someone is, the more likely they did it al least once.

KathleenS
01/02/13 7:58 pm

May you keep helping others! God bless you!!

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/02/13 6:17 pm

What's recluse driving? You don't like passengers or what? ;)

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/02/13 6:15 pm

Well this is scary. I knew that there were plenty of bad drivers. I didn't know that almost half of them were drunk.

mac007 Mars
01/02/13 5:36 pm

That took a lot of courage to admit.

mac007 Mars
01/02/13 5:34 pm

Captain Kirk would approve. ????????

jj4tigers Missouri
01/02/13 2:43 pm

8% of people under 21.. Not good.

MrWolfe Nashville
01/02/13 11:55 am

Though highly illogical- More than once, sad to say.
Thankfully, no accidents nor citations.
Still... Never again. The older I get, the more I realize how deeply numerous lives could have been affected if something had gone wrong.
It's just not worth it.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 11:43 am

Eek!
4400 arrested in AZ for suspected DUI.

steezmo99
01/02/13 11:18 am

Intoxicated can mean things other than alcohol...marijuana is an intoxicant as are other prescription drugs.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 11:15 am

Stubin - I have the highest respect for your decisions about alcohol. My point is that I haven't read a single comment where someone says "yeah, I do it all the time and there's nothing wrong with it". The people here are coming clean about past mistakes and most say they'll never do it again.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 11:10 am

Susan - I've found, that about one in 10 polls, someone will call a group of voters liars. Doesn't make sense that people would lie, given no one knows who anyone is.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 11:02 am

Wow, you really have turned your life around! Inspiring!

KathrynRose
01/02/13 10:19 am

Wow, OK. I think that's one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. Suddenly, my comfort level driving just dropped drastically....

sarahrep
01/02/13 8:55 am

Those were the worst days of my life. I'm so embarrassed about it, I'd never admit it except that I've been given many opportunities to help people with similar experiences.

StubinFried
01/02/13 8:41 am

So we should just forgive murderers if they're "sorry" enough? If you drive drunk at ANY age for ANY reason, you've committed attempted murder. "Sorry" doesn't cut it. A drunk driver is a monster.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 8:39 am

Booty juice?!?
Never mind... don't answer.

StubinFried
01/02/13 8:37 am

Also, earlybird, I don't drink. I never have, I never will. I take every piece of heavy machinery seriously and I don't operate them unless I am in 100% tip top condition.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 8:37 am

Zod speakers the truth. Before MADD was formed, drunk driving wasn't taken too seriously.

StubinFried
01/02/13 8:35 am

It's hard to feel sympathy for these bags of guts and snot while consoling my brother over the death of his closest work partner. A guy was driving at 2x the legal limit and now my brother's work partner's son is an orphan. DRUNK. DRIVERS. ARE. MONSTERS. END. OF. STORY.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 8:33 am

I've never heard that phrase before.

EarlyBird Portland
01/02/13 8:31 am

Stubin - so you've never made a mistake while growing up? Woohoo! You're amazing and should be entered into Guiness Book of World Records.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/02/13 7:18 am

Thank you for sharing that I hope things go easier for you.

grussell
01/02/13 7:00 am

Wow there are a lot of stupid people out there! I don't mess around, if I see a moron swerving I call the po po

sarahrep
01/02/13 5:29 am

Totaled my car, broke my jaw, changed my life. I don't drink anymore.

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
01/02/13 2:46 am

No, but I've ridden with my dad when he was drunk many times. As a young teen who couldn't drive yet with no other ride, I didn't really have much of a choice. Too many close calls. Thankfully, daddy's three years sober this february. :) Never again will I get in a car with a drunk driver. Too risky

mellowgirl
01/02/13 2:41 am

$1000 in court fees, $50 a month to my probation officer, $350 to get my licence, $250 for DUI/Recluse driving class, $40 MADD class, $300 to get hardship license, and 50 hrs community service!

mellowgirl
01/02/13 2:37 am

Yes and sadly I now have the DUI on my permanent record for the next 75 yrs! It's totally not worth it and the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life. Not only is that on my record as a felony, that I have to explain to every place I apply for, but it also cost me $1500 in lawyer fees,

susanr Colorado
01/02/13 1:25 am

Why is it so common here to call out people - large groups of people - as liars, just because a statistic isn't what they think it should be? People have been called liars here for voting no, AND for voting yes. I'd think you'd want to investigate a bit, before being that harsh.

susanr Colorado
01/02/13 1:19 am

No, they're not. Or at least not that many of them. If you read the all comments you'll see that a remarkable number of people have said they did it once or more when they were young, it scared them, they haven't done it since. Those people have learned and grown, and are decent people.

susanr Colorado
01/02/13 1:15 am

...KNOW everyone so you can't know or prove what you say is true. I know people who don't do that, any many here have said they don't either.

susanr Colorado
01/02/13 1:13 am

*Anyone* who can operate a vehicle has driven drunk? Maybe everyone you know; not me. First, not everyone drinks. Second, not everyone who drinks drives after they've had a drink. Some drink only at home or if they're staying overnight. Some drink only if with someone who isn't. You don't...

JoJoPogo22 Madison, WI
01/02/13 12:27 am

I'm part of the 8%.

Jayseph Wasatch Front
01/01/13 11:47 pm

A bunch of liers in Utah, 77% no, Come on!

StubinFried
01/01/13 11:04 pm

So the current statistic is that 52% are decent human beings and 48% are selfish, disgusting bags of guts and snot unworthy to walk on the same earth as the rest of us. Good to know.

westjeff09
01/01/13 10:33 pm

Certain people such as myself (a pimp) handle alchol well and cud drive drunk ya heard me n.o. LA b****

malibuskie Minnesota
01/01/13 10:29 pm

It's sad that a year after graduating high school, I go on social networking sites and see so many high schoolers posting pictures of themselves surrounded by people holding beer bottles. I understand drinking when you're older. But when did parents stop caring about their children and the harm?

valibella