Show Of Hands November 30th, 2012 12:00am

Do you believe that God created humans in their present form at one point within the past 10,000 years? (UQ)

tdaddy Kentucky
12/21/12 9:58 am

Virginia, what's the second group that's offended? I was going suggest IQ scores be factored in too, does belief in the supernatural increase or decrease as IQs increase?

LilWing00
12/20/12 8:09 pm

Come on. I'm for the scientific side, but u don't have to be so mean and offend 2 groups of ppl by ur comment

palindrome California
12/18/12 12:48 am

Not to mention geologic time-keeping.... The idea that the Grand Canyon is 10,000 years old... Wow. Or that the farthest part of our universe is only 10,000 light years away

DidYouKnow
12/17/12 10:46 pm

They look at the half life of radioactive material and they found that the oldest rock that has been found to date, was billions of years old and with other patterns that you would have to look up indicate the earth to be around even longer.

12/17/12 7:16 am

What PROOF, specifically proves the earth is not young?

12/17/12 7:13 am

For all the insults I've taken in here, I've yet to see anyone confident enough to debate me in my forum online. I guess it's just more comfortable to feel you can win here with insults (no real arguments) and a higher number of people who you know agree with your opinion. It makes sense.

johnnyb99
12/17/12 5:58 am

Dr Paul what is your doctorate in? Music?

johnnyb99
12/17/12 5:56 am

I see the retard belt is still well represented..... These people must also believe in the Easter bunny

palindrome California
12/16/12 7:48 pm

I believe in God... But this just isn't really believable. Not with all the technology and scientific evidence we have today. The Bible must have been speaking in metaphors

palindrome California
12/16/12 1:49 am

Wow. 39% believing this is STILL too damn high. Just embarrassing.

IndAtheist Tennessee
12/14/12 8:44 pm

GOD DOESN'T EXIST

12/11/12 11:34 pm

I liked your comment because although we disagree with our view of the world, we agree on all that really matters in the end. God is our Creator. I'm sorry if I have been abrasive. I am so offended by the "stupid creationists" comments that I have been defending myself before defending our Creator.

annoyingvoice
12/11/12 11:22 am

You misunderstand. I believe that God created the Universe, just not in the last 10,000 years. I think our Universe is too complex to be all coincidental. I believe in both science and God. 10,000 years is not enough time for science. Evolution, Big Bang and God can coexist.

12/10/12 7:18 pm

If you don't want to I'll understand. Just remember who offered to backup their statements. I must be pretty confident in my beliefs. Here's your chance to shatter my confidence if you are more confident in your own beliefs. I guess we'll find out.

12/10/12 7:14 pm

If you think I'm as stupid as you apparently do, register on PhilosoForum.com and we'll continue on a forum not limited to 300 characters. Debating me 1 on 1 should be no problem if you can backup your statements with all this evidence.

ishady 86451132020
12/10/12 5:30 pm

"I had therefore to remove knowledge, in order to make room for belief."
Kant

JD32 Oklahoma
12/10/12 12:47 pm

Dr Paul, you really sound like a pompous a$$hole. I never said I didn't believe in creationism, and I didn't say that carbon dating proves it wrong either. Do I believe that the human race has been on the earth longer than 10,000 years? Of course. The evidence is everywhere.

ishady 86451132020
12/10/12 8:48 am

Ok, you stick with fantastic tales drpaul ill keep trying to understand.

12/10/12 2:32 am

That's rediculous. And obviously a belief that all creationists believe (sarcasm). And the fact that you think carbon dating proves creation impossible shows your true lack of understanding of science. Carbon dating is one my favorite arguments to start with against evolution.

12/10/12 2:27 am

Maybe you should read the counter arguments on this forum before making statements like that. Creationists aren't stupid. We defend a belief that the majority disagrees with, so we better have a reason for believing what we do and I know I do. Challenge us with some real arguments.

JD32 Oklahoma
12/10/12 2:15 am

Hey "yes" people? Do you not understand carbon dating? I remember this lady that told me that dinosaurs never existed and that God placed their fossils there in order to brilliantly test our faith. I still lmfao at that.

annoyingvoice
12/09/12 10:29 pm

I want to send the yes people an offer they can't refuse. How about you all live on an island far away from our "Satanic Secularism", our "Sciencey Stuff" and "Logic". I'm a Christian and this makes me want to bash my brains out with a rock.

12/08/12 10:05 pm

We're all set now. I got the captcha figured out and sign up a test account.

12/08/12 9:42 pm

Thanks electrric, I'm working on it right now. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Kerman Alabama
12/08/12 8:37 pm

Just to let ya know, there is a bug with signing up. The Captcha is not implemented right and prevents registration. Also, maybe you could post it in more active posts so more people can continue the discussion?

12/08/12 7:51 pm

Don't worry about it @ishady, it's just over your head.

12/08/12 5:16 pm

I also was checking out the discussion forum on reddit. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely jump into to some of those discussions.

12/08/12 3:24 pm

It's ready to go. Anyone interested is welcome to join in the discussion.

ishady 86451132020
12/08/12 1:53 pm

Ppl did believe in other fake gods back then. And making light of a slip of my finger doesn't make you right, just petty.

12/08/12 1:16 pm

I also look forward to being able to continue this discussion without a 300 character limit. :-)

12/08/12 11:43 am

Alright, I'm working on setting up a forum on www.PhilosoForum.com . I'll let you know when it is live.

12/08/12 11:41 am

Alright, I am working on putting up a forum on
www.PhilosoForum.com . I'll let you know when it's live.

Kerman Alabama
12/08/12 10:56 am

Go for it! Until then, if you enjoy discussions like this, I'd recommend checking out reddit.com/r/debatereligion Very cool discussions go on there.

12/08/12 9:27 am

If anyone else likes this idea, let me know and I'll build the website today and give you the Web address as soon as it's done.

12/08/12 9:26 am

Hey @NYevo, I really have enjoyed our discussion/debate on this topic. It looks like this poll is almost at the bottom and I feel like we could go back and forth way more. If I created a forum for us to continue, would you be interested in moving the conversation over to the forum?

12/08/12 9:16 am

I believe intelligent design because nothing else makes sense. Look at the uniqueness of life and the complexity of it. From our circulatory system to our ability to reproduce. I could go on and on. "...Mutations/changes happen BY DESIGN in reproduction." (your own words have hidden truth in them).

NYevo NY
12/07/12 5:35 pm

In other words, you can't disprove something that hasn't been proven

NYevo NY
12/07/12 5:34 pm

Another-words, you can't disprove something that hasn't been proven

ishady 86451132020
12/07/12 2:14 pm

Lemmy from Motörhead is god.

NYevo NY
12/07/12 11:21 am

In order to disprove something, you have to have something tangible to work with. How about you try to prove that i'm not thinking about the number 3

NYevo NY
12/07/12 6:48 am

Ignorant. Just kidding :) I dont see though how you can say that the evidence for evolution, even if not fully convincing to you, leads you to side more with intelligent design which has zero evidence.

glyiker America
12/06/12 9:27 pm

I would like to point out that the only reason religion hasn't been disproved yet is because it is invincible. Any evidence we have against it is just part of the mystery. Evenly tin on the other hand, is completely vulnerable to anything found to be out of place.

Kerman Alabama
12/06/12 7:33 pm

The 2nd law of thermodynamics is for closed systems. Earth is not a closed system. As for Newtons laws, it's true until a force acts upon it, such as a chemical, atomic, or gravitational force. Life doesn't break any laws, it abides by them.

12/06/12 7:12 pm

And if it is indeed true, I hope that we do. Until then, I personally haven't seen real mountains of evidence and you can call me ignorant if you want, but I have read more about evolution theory than I have about creation and I 100% believe in creation.

12/06/12 7:06 pm

...Another interested point is that the only other things we know of that can defy some of these laws were created by the very things that first broke these laws - life.
Just an interesting thought. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought this is interesting or has something to add or remove

12/06/12 7:01 pm

...1. An object at rest tends to stay at rest. 2.An object in motions tends to stay in motion. 3.Biogenesis 4.1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics....

12/06/12 7:00 pm

Here's an interesting thought that puzzles me and I just wanted to share it...
Here we are in a universe that functions in a way that we can generally understand and predict mathematically, yet it has the incredible anomaly of LIFE.
Life breaks several basic PROVEN laws of physics like...

NYevo NY
12/06/12 6:07 pm

In our lifetime i'd bet that the church, unable to argue against mountains of evidence, will embrace that man evolved from more basic organisms, that earth is billions of years old, and that certain biblical passages are metaphor for intended lessons. And God is still the creator of the universe

july475
12/06/12 5:42 pm

Maybe we might just look at history religion said the earth was flat, healers were witches, mentally ill were possessed, etc. all of these were wrong and people were put to death because of it. Think I'll stick with science on this one.