Show Of Hands May 28th, 2012 12:00am

Does having a store loyalty card actually make you shop at that store more often, or does it just provide a little nice side benefit when you do?

05/30/12 2:02 pm

The rewards aren't ever big or noticible honestly .

05/30/12 1:58 pm

I normally don't shop there more even if I have a card. The only exception is albertsons I love there game they started recently. ????

05/29/12 9:36 pm

I only get them and use them at stores I will regularly use. I like my Dillons"Kroger"card for their fuel points. I get $.10 off a gallon of gas for every $100 spent and I get coupons for free stuff in the mail. You also need it for their sales.

blutuesday California
05/29/12 2:14 pm

Carrying around all the silly little cards for these store "loyalty" programs makes me bonkers. Hope they notice that it doesn't insure loyalty to go through all the hassle of running these programs. Why not get rid of them and just charge decent prices to all customers? Gee, what an idea!

05/29/12 12:29 pm

does a Regal cinema card count? I'm a movie fanatic and when my mom was alive I was going to the movies every week. Now it's like every two or three weeks...ii use that sucker everytime I go

05/29/12 12:24 pm

I have a Wegmans, Tops, Big Lots & Ollie's card and I use them when I'm there..I would use my Best Buy one but I constantly misplace it..I'm always putting stuff in different places

anonymous0 Nevada
05/29/12 11:31 am

Smiths card is only card w huge savings surprise. Costco for prepaid.

scottstots Georgia
05/29/12 9:58 am

The only one I use is Kroger card to get gas discounts.

snuzzy
05/29/12 9:01 am

The only store I go to specifically for the program is Kroger. They give 5% of all purchases made on registered gift card to my daughter's Catholic school. It is one of our bigger fundraisers & required almost no work. Used to give 10% until we earned a big check. Still bring in thousands at 5%

ovk
05/29/12 4:48 am

Stop and shop gas points!

Flooded Virginia
05/28/12 10:22 pm

I only have cards for places that I shop at frequently, or for places that give good deals/discounts off of big items, even if I don't go that often. I'm willing to go about 15 min out of my way to go to a place that I had a card with if it would give me some sort of benefit.

gjb2779
05/28/12 9:09 pm

I generally only get cards if it's a store I shop regularly, OR if it offers a large discount for signing up sometimes I might sign up & then throw it away. for example at a store I was buying appliances at the card offered 20% off that days total so it saved me a ton

KudosToYou California
05/28/12 8:54 pm

The store will make me want to shop there, not the rwanda system.

tidford My little piece of heaven
05/28/12 8:51 pm

But places that don't have those cards, well gee whiz, their "regular" prices just seem to be lower (somebody has to pay for my "savings") - so no problem shopping with them.

tidford My little piece of heaven
05/28/12 8:51 pm

I always try to shoot for a 33% savings when marketing with a loyalty card and usually get it without too much trouble. So, no I won't shop at place that has a loyalty card that I don't have - the ripoff is way to high.

lmurder MDK
05/28/12 8:16 pm

Bang for your buck! Royalty cards are the way to go. Unless you like to throw/burn money away.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
05/28/12 8:14 pm

It does not affect whether or not I am more likely to shop there. It is just an added benefit. I typically dispose of the cards immediately after signup, they have me listed by my phone # in their system.

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
05/28/12 7:02 pm

If anything, it just makes me shop there more rather than another store.

Mister CA
05/28/12 6:34 pm

I wouldnt say its a benefit. The store artificially raises then lowers Prices to give you an illusion of savings with the card but its Really there to track your purchases and run there store more efficiently at the same time keeping a free ad in your wallet. It benefits the store.

lefty5258
05/28/12 5:05 pm

I go for best price, no matter where it may be

lefty5258
05/28/12 5:05 pm

I go for best price, no matter where it may be

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
05/28/12 4:40 pm

Actually they are starting to weigh my keychain down.....

05/28/12 4:28 pm

I actually hate them. Makes
Me not want to shop there.

cato Santa Barbara, California
05/28/12 3:53 pm

I have zero loyalty unless I get big time discounts.

dabrat East Coast
05/28/12 2:54 pm

Too many cards-everyone has one and you can't check out anywhere w/o being asked.
I refuse to b tracked, not worth the effort of having their card. Besides when I say no they say, oh I'll just swipe this one for you.

SwolePatro Georgia
05/28/12 2:06 pm

I always forget to even use those things. I do like the text message coupons tho

kgirl1992
05/28/12 1:40 pm

On occasion, if I'm a few points short of getting a reward I'll often spend enough extra to get it... But. I work at a grocery store that doesn't have a card and always do most of my shopping there

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
05/28/12 1:31 pm

They "track" so they can gear advertising to your preferences. I know people get the willies about stores "tracking" their purchases, but if I'm going to be advertised to, I'd rather it be about crap I'd actually buy.

I answered "meh" though, because it's usually about what's cheaper or convenient

legacymann
05/28/12 1:20 pm

I would prefer to pay cash without using a card or program. Wouldn't it be better to shop and not have them track every purchase you make???

prterri
05/28/12 1:18 pm

The only store I go out of my way to because I have a card is Costco. Since I pay for having that one my answer is no. Besides, the only places I have loyalty cards are places I go regularly anyway--Safeway and Staples.

liongrl1989 Louisiana
05/28/12 1:13 pm

I voted yes but it depends on the incentives with the loyalty program

mama3
05/28/12 12:34 pm

Does my Ann Taylor LOFT credit card count?lol yay for rewards points :)

polarburr Oregon
05/28/12 12:25 pm

Walgreens! Loved their rewards card which they discontinued :(

cup0pizza .
05/28/12 12:17 pm

Meh. I use them, but would never go out of my way to shop at a store that has such a program.

r3VOLution not of this world
05/28/12 12:12 pm

My target red card gets me 5% off every trip so that is a bonus, not much more expensive then Walmart before the discount but still have to go to other places including Walmart for specialty items.

crquinones
05/28/12 12:10 pm

I like using my kroger card but i threw the giant eagle card away after the first time i used it. Prices too high and not enough perks

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/28/12 12:07 pm

I'll gladly take whatever perk is offered, but there is no particular incentive to shop at one store over another. They pretty much all have "loyalty" programs and I'm signed up and am pretty much equally "loyal" to whichever of them has the best price on what I need that day.

88Major Dallas, TX
05/28/12 11:58 am

Damn miles you beat me to it. But thank you for not posting something stupid and posting something relevant to the poll topic.

88Major Dallas, TX
05/28/12 11:56 am

Surprised someone hasn't done "first" here yet so I am doing a post not doing it so there is a post here so someone can't do it.

thelowend imitation is flattery
05/28/12 11:56 am

another way for them to gather information about you. use it randomly at different stores for a pack of gum for about a month. they won't ever send you garbage in the mail again.