2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
01/05/13 10:08 pm

Do I dare ask who you voted for, for President?

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
01/05/13 10:06 pm

NO! I love my dog very much, but I do not put in the same category as people. Way too many loons out there.

ashpash943 denver
01/02/13 8:50 pm

People and their animals... Craziness

JackTorS SOH Flounder
01/02/13 3:46 am

Yeah, I know. Figuring out the exact decimal point would kinda take away from the point though.

madeit Houston Area
01/01/13 10:41 pm

So-called "unconditional love" is the only option for a pet. As long as you look after them, the notion of "screw you" does not occur to pets as it does to people. Animal response is instinctive. Authentic love only happens when there is a real option not to love.

madeit Houston Area
01/01/13 10:30 pm

You would sacrifice a human being to save a dog?

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
01/01/13 6:09 pm

Thinking about how many people are on Earth .1% is way more people than you have even met.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
01/01/13 6:06 pm

Too many hippies. How is yes at 45%?

Coke
01/01/13 10:40 am

I better question for me is
"is a human one of your 5 best friends?"

JackTorS SOH Flounder
01/01/13 10:31 am

Wow. Owning all those dogs and not one of them showed you any affection at all? You must have been a real asshole then or something. Every dog I've ever owned waited for me in the window, then jumped and licked my face while wagging his tail when I got home.
If that isn't love I don't know what is.

b727
01/01/13 8:11 am

I'm so sad for these people that don't know that love is love; period!

One of my cats comes in every night and morning to say good night/good morning. That's not a "reaction" to evolutionary conditions. That's a reaction that he loves being around me.

b727
01/01/13 7:57 am

They're more loyal and give unconditional love; a lesson many people need to learn.

madeit Houston Area
01/01/13 12:45 am

How often do you argue with your dog? Your wife? Does the dog care when you hurt
its feelings the way your wife does? My point is, friendship with another human being is vastly
different from friendship with an animal (though. I see your point as well!)

tehshay
01/01/13 12:12 am

Exactly. They can't argue with you so you just assume they agree. Hence them being our best friends.

madeit Houston Area
12/31/12 11:45 pm

Animals are wonderful but a human being can't make"friends" with an animal as with a person. One can't share values with a pet; you cannot discuss concepts such as mercy, politics, philosophy, astronomy, valor, or forgiveness with your dog. What we term as "unconditional love" from a pet is vastly d

gonk In a psychology textbook
12/31/12 4:07 pm

????Conditioning works in humans as well. What makes you think you can say people have emotions and animals don't? You can't get inside an animal's head. Your argument is invalid. There is no way to prove that something is nonexistent.

rinarae Ohio
12/31/12 3:32 pm

All of my friends are pets... except for 1...

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
12/31/12 12:52 pm

@jp007 - use "@username" with a reply like that because I want to know which idiot contradicted themselves.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
12/31/12 12:49 pm

What you interpret as emotion is not. That dog acts happy when you get home (sans treat) for the same reason Pavlov's dog salivates at the ring of the bell (sans treat); conditioned response. You people are the ones that say they love Science in the god debates but you ignore it in this case.

heyyjude NC
12/31/12 10:41 am

I don't really have any friends except my boyfriend and two cats. My kitties are definitely best friend material.

eenie
12/31/12 8:50 am

Two words/6 syllables = Unconditional Love.

tdaddy diversity
12/31/12 8:41 am

My dog is part of the family, she's a consideration in almost all of our plans. It's sad to think she's 16 year old now and toy dogs rarely make it past 22. We are sure going to miss her when the time comes for her to pass on. I don't even want to think about it.

babsro new haven ct
12/31/12 6:23 am

My dog Jesse is my best friend. He's always there for me no matter what.

happylife
12/31/12 6:07 am

Sure my dogs are-- I'd say my very best friend is me. That is the healthiest answer to this question. Followed by my hubby, and my 3 "men". I have a huge network of other friends but my little circle of men at home is all I really need.

gtgconfused
12/31/12 5:14 am

I can share all my secrets with my cats and dog and they don't tell anyone else. And I had a cat who actually saved my life. He could smell a growing bacteria before the doctor discovered it.

gtgconfused
12/31/12 5:08 am

My Grandmother always said "if you can't love an animal, you can't really love another human being. They will give you unconditional love in return for so little and if your pet doesn't trust someone then beware."

babyDruth Kansas
12/30/12 11:34 pm

Only thing I don't like about my 14 month old golden retriever is his life span. I am NOT looking forward to that when I'm already this attached after a year...he's not a friend...he's part of the family.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
12/30/12 11:21 pm

I myself would jump in front of a bullet to save my dog's life.

gonk In a psychology textbook
12/30/12 10:56 pm

Well Jaques, I do spend day in and day out with animals, big and small. And I know that they have souls, emotions, and the capacity for love and friendship. But there's no point arguing about it with you. ???? Peace.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/30/12 10:17 pm

Is that when you are in the dog house? Sorry I could not help it.

JP007
12/30/12 9:55 pm

I've been gone from my dog for 4 months for college. My dog nearly jumped out of his skin when I got home for Christmas! None of my human friend would do that!

JP007
12/30/12 9:54 pm

ok Big Brother. I did not mean to upset you.

JP007
12/30/12 9:53 pm

Just looking at the comments here I'm loving my dog a little more and more from all these ignorant people!

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
12/30/12 9:52 pm

My dog cries when I'm late home. He goes to me when I'm sad. He plays tug rough with everyone else but goes easy on me. I didn't teach him those things. He does them because he loves me.

JP007
12/30/12 9:51 pm

Apparently not you! Sorry but you must not either get along with your friends that well or just not be a social person to have 5 best friends. Which is sad when you think about it.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
12/30/12 9:49 pm

My dog loves me unconditionally. He is sweet, caring, and my best friend. He makes decisions because he loves me. He shows emotions. When I come home he is excited and happy. By your logic he'd only be happy to see me if he hadn't been fed. If I get hurt he is the first to comfort me. True friend.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
12/30/12 9:45 pm

My dog accepts me because I love him. I taught him to not follow commands blindly, but to make decisions. I love my dog and he behaves differently around me than around other people. He shows he is happy by wagging his tail. When I am sad he goes to me. He shows emotions. He loves me and I love him.

andrewser Miami Lakes
12/30/12 9:27 pm

Even my best friends do mistakes.... However, my dog Kitty is always happy with me, and when I am very sad, she is always there... The silence of a dog is accompanied by much more.... I can not count the times that my dog have been better that my closest friends...

JP007
12/30/12 9:26 pm

Everyone in red is lonelier than blue and just can't admit it or doesn't know what they are missing out on.

JP007
12/30/12 9:25 pm

Yes because having 5 best friends is sooooo not manly!

JP007
12/30/12 9:23 pm

So society made you believe you can only have one best friend? That's cute. Have fun with that.

JP007
12/30/12 9:22 pm

You just contradicted yourself idiot.

JP007
12/30/12 9:20 pm

You must have some amazing friends then if the only thing your dog is good for is a running pal...

JP007
12/30/12 9:19 pm

So that would be a yes...he or she is in your top 5.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
12/30/12 9:05 pm

@sydwel - cite sources.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
12/30/12 9:01 pm

Pets "accept you" because they lack the capacity to understand your flaws. They also lack the capacity for human emotions.

JaquesV Bentonville, AR
12/30/12 8:58 pm

Those stories are either made up for illustrative purposes or the actions of the animal were misunderstood. Seriously, if you spend day in and day out with all sorts of animals you discover that they do not have human characteristics. A vet may tell you different, but they have an agenda in mind.

SugarShaq
12/30/12 8:02 pm

Speak for yourself Cajun. My pets are my buddies. They don't take the place of humans but definitely add joy and companionship.