GrandmaALiCE December 19th, 2016 3:28pm

On Saturday evening, we saw the musical "Meet Me in St. Louis." It was beautiful! Have you ever seen this production, either the movie or play?

chickencookie Jihad Joe
12/19/16 7:46 pm

I love it! Margaret O'Brien is the quintessential child actress.

timeout Boston Strong
12/19/16 2:46 pm

I've only seen the film, would love to see the stage production.

Okie1967 Fudge joe biden
12/19/16 10:22 am

I love musicals and used to see a lot of them when we lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 9:34 am

I saw the movie 🎥 One of my favorite ones.

getupbaby South City
12/19/16 9:26 am

They play it here once a decade or so at the Muny. I've seen it live a handful of times. Not my favorite.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/19/16 9:23 am

I've only seen the movie. The musical is not performed often. You were lucky to get a chance to see it, Alice!
By the way, speaking of infrequently-performed musicals, if you ever get a chance to see the musical "Titanic," make sure you don't miss it. It is one of my top two musicals of all time! The only reason it didn't do that well on Broadway is that the movie "Titanic" overshadowed it. But the musical is completely different, and far, far better. Both the score and the story are amazing! I might never have discovered it, had not my son been in a production of it two summers ago. 🎼

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
12/19/16 9:35 am

I was browsing in Amazon last night. I think that's one of the movies offered.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
12/19/16 9:11 am

@tlaney1 I'm interested in your opinion, as a musician.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/19/16 9:26 am

Sorry. I didn't see your tag before I started responding, so my comments are directly above. I didn't say anything about the music in "St. Louis," but I think it's very good, and I would love to see the musical if I had the chance. The movie was certainly enjoyable.

shygal47 Florida east coast
12/19/16 8:47 am

I've seen it on TV a number of times. I love anything Judy Garland was in as she is among my favorite female singers.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
12/19/16 8:30 am

We saw it at a local small theater. It was amazing!

If you haven't seen this musical, I highly recommend it!

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
12/19/16 8:29 am

Poll question for iPad users: