Show of HandsShow of Hands

SunsetLeopard August 2nd, 2015 4:27pm

Does your state have the law that says if you want a divorce, you have to be legally separated (having documentation of a different address than your spouse) for at least a year and a day first?

6 Liked

Comments: Add Comment

twss trump is a garbage human
08/05/15 7:32 pm

Not sure. I feel like the answer is no, though.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
08/04/15 6:46 am

Not sure about NJ, but NY did.

commonsense America isnt racist
08/02/15 9:53 pm

No. That's a horrible law!!

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/02/15 3:36 pm

No idea, I doubt it though. I've never made the mistake of saying "yes" so all my break ups have been clean and simple 😄

08/02/15 9:49 am

I think Nevada is quickest but I could wrong.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
08/02/15 9:53 am

I think FL is immediate

08/02/15 10:12 am

It could be. I think a quick Internet search would give you an answer.

cpaswr just say the letters
08/02/15 9:46 am

Ours is supposed to be separated for at least 6 months. However, it is easily waived.

susanr Colorado
08/02/15 9:41 am

No, from what I can gather looking at several places online, CO doesn't require that (and defines "legally separated" in a specific manner that's different, anyway). A divorce won't be granted until at least 90 days after filing for it, though,

susanr Colorado
08/02/15 9:41 am

but who is living where doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

08/02/15 9:48 am

Washington is 90 too.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
08/02/15 9:31 am

I don't think so. I could be wrong, though. I've never had to deal with that.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
08/02/15 11:43 am

I have no idea either.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
08/02/15 11:44 am

It's a pleasant ignorance.