Angela12 October 27th, 2013 3:24pm

Which department store would you rather shop at?

spicysteve M14D SBS
10/27/13 8:27 am

I supremely dislike them both.
However, nothing beats Macy's during Christmastime.

Emily33 North Carolina
10/27/13 8:28 am

Yes. This. Love it!

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 1:29 pm

And of course I would love to meet you in person!

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 12:58 pm

This is just 50 acres in the heart of MO, but still a welcome escape from daily life :) Plus my husband's family is terribly cool. Never been to the Catskills...I assume they are gorgeous as any other mountains however :)

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 1:31 pm

Likewise, lovely. :)
I'll be sure to let you know! I'm just doing some preliminary work on the planning, but we'll see! I have to get enough people from here to California and back. :)

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 1:32 pm

Yay! Let me know! I imagine you'll have no trouble finding enough people :)

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 1:37 pm

That's yet to be seen. I sure hope so! I think it would be a lot of fun. :)
Then I can finally claim to have met SoHers. A lot of them. :D

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 1:06 pm

That's great! I love NYC, but every once in a while it's just nice to go in the complete opposite type of environment. How far are you from central St. Louis?

Emma Austin.ish.
10/27/13 8:31 am

I love TJ's! especially the ones right near fufu malls, you can get some great deals on high end stuff in those. :)

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 11:10 am

Had a great time - it's our annual fall trip to my husband's aunt's farm. Lots of good food, family time, skeet shooting, a huge bonfire, hay rides, farm animals, and outside time. It's never one of my favorite weekends, but it is becoming one of...

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 11:11 am

...them. My sons are old enough to participate in all the activities so that makes everything so much easier! They both had their first horseback ride this weekend, first hay ride (minus the hay), and cooked their first s'mores :)

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 10:04 am

I love outlet malls too...they just put two new ones in STL. I have rarely been so excited for Christmas! I love Marshall's and Stein Mart too, though Stein Mart can be kinda fuddy duddy.

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 10:06 am

You? Not the dapper MrL ;)

How are you this Sunday, sweetie?

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 1:21 pm

I live right outside of STL in a suburb. I'm about 20-25 minutes from our downtown. The town I was in this weekend was 2.5 hours from my house.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
10/27/13 11:45 am

The difference is that TJ maxx is overstock that's sold at lower prices and Macy's is a regular department store. If I'm buying overstock, I prefer loehmann's (a small chain of stores in this area). They have great designer stuff. So I guess Macy's.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 10:09 am

;D
I actually liked the outfit I had on in my picture. :) Ascots!
I'm doing alright, thanks. How are you?

chickencookie It really is
10/27/13 10:10 am

I agree. Its just a big mess to me.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 12:53 pm

Wow, that sounds great! :D
My family has a house up in the Catskill mountains, and it's on 300 acres of property. That's usually where I'll go to escape the normality of daily life.

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 10:12 am

Had to go look at your pic - it wasn't a selfie last I looked. Love the ascot! That's a look few can make look good though. I think you make it look great, incidentally :) I'm doing awesome! Driving back from a weekend out of town with the family :)

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 1:28 pm

OMG!!! Would love it! I gotta ask the hubs, but you are very welcome to stay with us when you come thru :)

susanr Colorado
10/27/13 9:46 am

I can never find anything at TJ Maxx. It seems like the most disorganized, under labelled place I've ever been in. I'd go almost anywhere else.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 10:58 am

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that! Did you have a good time? :) What were you doing?

BadUsername
10/27/13 8:34 am

Why isn't K-Mart a choice....

*sarcasm*

twss trump is a garbage human
10/27/13 10:06 am

I agree - that is a negative for those types of places. You gotta have some time to look around. If you know exactly what you want and don't have much time, they are not a good way to shop. But if I go in to TJ's, I already have time to kill :)

opie99 left coast best coast
10/27/13 9:06 am

I never have good luck at tj maxx, and it's never much of a discount. I would rather shop 2nd hand stores for the stuff I would get at tj maxx and Macy's for the other stuff.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/27/13 1:25 pm

If I did happen to do a cross-country SoH visiting road trip... Would you mind a visitor for a day? :) I'm contemplating working something out for this summer.

FollowYourBliss Never Happy, Ever After
10/27/13 4:30 pm

Ew, neither. I'd probably pick TJ Maxx because it's cheaper, the less I have to spend on clothes the better.

chickencookie It really is
10/27/13 10:13 am

I like Macys. They have a lot of affordable things and many sales and coupons. I buy a lot of things there. Last year i bought a set of Martha Stewart flannel queen sized sheets originally $175. After christmas sale plus coupons same sheets cost $35