MrTurtle October 26th, 2013 12:44am

One more iOS beta build for your weekend - go get it! No need to provide detailed reports, but if there are repeatable crashes or MAJOR problems that should possibly prevent the launch, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll submit to Apple Monday...

Tony SOH Founder
10/27/13 10:19 am

Good catch. Thanks.

comppete Las Vegas
10/26/13 4:04 pm

One new, minor glitch. I have noticed this on other people's post as well. I just posted a comment on a poll by Rocker, and I did not hit return. It was a 3 word post that put the third word on a second line.

10/25/13 8:15 pm

Susan, thanks, this was driving me crazy. I'm glad I'm not the only one now.

susanr Colorado
10/26/13 1:50 pm

I'm sad about the Comments filter although I knew it was going to disappear. I have to be more disciplined about marking polls favorites if I ever want to see them again.

Why no, this is not me making a *fuss* about it. I promised not to, didn't I?

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 3:12 pm

The unfollow is back. The key is to clear the buffers by rebooting the device before reinstalling. At least that is what worked for my devices.

susanr Colorado
10/25/13 6:52 pm

I was able to close drfoofoo's polls on both the iPad and the iPhone. On the iPad, it didn't look as if it had closed after I refreshed the list, but when I exited polls & returned it was closed. I do see your open poll, though.

TomM
10/25/13 6:52 pm

No there are none. The reason is that the filter function doesn't work, Tony told me last night. It only shows users with zero followers. I followed all of them, so now you cannot find them.

10/25/13 6:24 pm

I found out that if I let this test user ignore my main username TomM, then TomM cannot follow this ID. This is just to confirm that function works.

TomM
10/25/13 6:54 pm

I tried multiple times to close it on the iPad. It asks me to confirm, I say yes, but nothing happens.

10/25/13 8:35 pm

When I downloaded the app, I clicked on the password forgotten button. I don't know that there's any other way to change password.

Tony SOH Founder
10/26/13 8:32 am

Yes - always been that way. It allows me to provide customer service for people more easily.

susanr Colorado
10/25/13 7:24 pm

Bummer, since it's fun. Otherwise.

Tony SOH Founder
10/26/13 8:35 am

Yeah...I looked at lots of data and thought a lot about it. In the end I decided I would err on the side of clean and simple. The Fav function gives people a new option for "bookmarking" polls. What do you see on Dynamics?

TomM
10/25/13 9:16 pm

On the iPad using the safari browser, I cannot view other users profiles. I get 500 internal server error nginx/1.1.19

10/26/13 5:00 pm

It was not about debating. I was just curious what you see compared to what I see.

10/25/13 8:40 pm

I still think it is odd that I can rate a poll after it has closed.

CarrieMarie Mad Science Crew
10/26/13 9:04 am

It still says "No Stats To Display". I've made sure the SoH polls are answered. Does Crunchy crunch some numbers again tomorrow night? If so, I can check back after On Air. Also looks like mist people can see theirs, so I say RELEASE!

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
10/25/13 11:21 pm

Hey, Tony, when I click your username in the comments, it takes me to an email draft instead of your profile. Is that intentional?

10/26/13 5:02 pm

I have not seen that happen. I'm curious if this is one of the comments where it seems like you can scroll the comment itself.
(This is a test user for TomM).

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:43 pm

The latest build does not have the Comments option on the top of Poll page with Favs, etc. Is that gone?

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:44 pm

I created a new account, ishkabibble, I was able to make it public and follow it from my regular account.
Question: is there a logout feature anywhere within SOH?

susanr Colorado
10/26/13 5:04 pm

Carrie, is this with your CarrieMarie account, or with a new test account?

10/25/13 7:30 pm

I cannot close it. It's just not working. I tried with both vote options and with/without rating the poll first.

10/25/13 7:30 pm

Have you tried closing a poll from your new test user?

cass95 Jesus 2021
10/26/13 5:45 pm

I am experiencing the same thing

Tony SOH Founder
10/25/13 7:05 pm

It does not only pull up polls with zero followers, but there does appear to be another problem with the logic.

TomM
10/25/13 8:08 pm

Using safari browser on the iPad, I used to have problems scrolling, that seems to be better now. However, now I cannot get into the profile. In landscape I cannot hit the button. On portrait I cannot get the menu at all. Any of this changed lately?

10/26/13 2:47 pm

No, it was not there on the old version either. You have to delete the app and reinstall.

Tony SOH Founder
10/25/13 7:06 pm

refresh the poll list after closing. if the vote buttons are gone, it's closed.

CarrieMarie Mad Science Crew
10/25/13 8:09 pm

No more column to see the polls you've commented on? :(

Also, Dynamics still not working.

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:48 pm

When am in the comments section, and I select the username and select Profile, even though I am following the user, the Follow button is there instead of the Unfollow. This is in both accounts. If I go through the People page, it shows Unfollow.

10/26/13 2:48 pm

I have also lost it, I think Tony said he decided to eliminate it.

CarrieMarie Mad Science Crew
10/26/13 7:25 am

I feel like I had a couple spoonfuls of Phish Food and now the container has been taken away from me, haha. :_(

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 5:06 pm

I know you weren't debating. It is difficult to show inflection in text. :-)
My test was to search for user catpillow. Saw the follow button. Opened to view full profile and saw it was private and the button was Unfollow. This was on both phones.

10/26/13 3:33 pm

I think you only see unfollow on public profiles. Private profiles, always show follow and you can only unfollow from the people list.

susanr Colorado
10/25/13 7:34 pm

Who, me? Yes, 2 of them. Search for drfoofoo & look at her polls. Should be 1 from yesterday open, 2 from today closed.

Oh wait... you can't search; you'll get stuck. Look under your followers (on either of your accounts).

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:50 pm

Ok, but I did have it in the previous build, and I did delete before I reinstalled. I did not, however reboot like I normally do before reinstalling.

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 5:08 pm

Also, in comments, I chose catpillow. Chose Profile. The full profile showed as private and the Unfollow button on both phones.

10/26/13 2:50 pm

If that's when the user has a private profile, I have that too. If the user has a public profile, I have no issue.

10/25/13 7:34 pm

I unfollowed one of them, user jamaal, question maverick or rockets. If you try now, I will guess you get that one.

10/25/13 8:12 pm

I tried to reset my password. It told me to use the new one which I just set, but it didn't work. The old one still works.

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:51 pm

Correction: you are right. I thought I was replying to the comment issue. Nevermind :-{

10/26/13 2:52 pm

It only happened between the previous and the current beta, at least for the iPad. I always delete the application before I download a new beta.

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:52 pm

I will delete on both devices and reboot and reinstall. I will let you know.

Ishkabibble Here, There, Everywhere
10/26/13 2:54 pm

That is a shame, it was useful for getting to polls where others are replying to my comments.

susanr Colorado
10/25/13 7:11 pm

It was still open a moment ago; I just voted on it.

10/25/13 7:38 pm

Susan, yes that question was for you. I searched for drfoofoo. I see three polls, the two latest are closed. Btw, the search function is working fine for me now.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/26/13 9:13 am

On the iPad2, latest incarnation of iOS7, taking a new picture from within the app to update the profile doesn't work correctly. There is a landscape/portrait orientation disparity affecting both front and back cameras. It's essentially unusable.