icytoes October 22nd, 2013 11:08pm

Based on in-poll arguments: If there is no "absolute morality," why is it wrong for me to commit against you, or anyone else for that matter?

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
10/22/13 4:22 pm

If that were the case, we wouldn't have self defense clauses, or any clauses for that matter. If I can't kill because it is a moral absolute, there is no wiggle room or what ifs.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/22/13 6:24 pm

Because there IS absolute morality.. It was delivered to Moses on top of Jebel Musa (the real Mt. Sinai), and it doesn't change with situations or with the passing of time.

Ernest Make it so
10/24/13 12:31 am

Because people forget that they really don't believe in relative ethics. Ted Bundy (nice guy...) used relativism to justify his actions. In reality, people are probably more like Social Contract Theory/Overridingness/Absolutes in their true way of...

kspells TheOtherOtherside
10/23/13 3:59 am

If that hot, creepy, sickening, feeling doesn't bother you after committing a crime against somebody; then there's a special place you can go. If you don't know this feeling or just can't feel,then you'll never understand morality. No matter what.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
10/23/13 4:02 am

It doesn't matter what society dictates or how many different cultures you put yourself in. It's innate unless you are a sociopath then you just don't care at all.

Tony SOH Founder
10/22/13 4:50 pm

The most common arguments that I hear about moral relativism cite war and the death penalty (e.g. "how come it's ok to 'murder' people then, hot-shot!?"). To me they always seem like somewhat childish arguments, but maybe I just don't get it...

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/22/13 7:52 pm

on Nov. 1st, and I'm going to ask him to send the Wound Care nurses again, or maybe try hyperbaric treatments. With the bedsores, there's nothing in the house I can sit or lay on and elevate my legs enough to really drain them properly, so fluid.

Vietman manhattan
10/22/13 5:17 pm

Absolute morals are based not on our actions, but reactions.

Ernest Make it so
10/24/13 12:32 am

thinking. Because in a relative world, I could justify my actions however I wanted, and the government, if relative would then not be able to prosecute me. This is not true, because we have absolutes. It's not about outcomes, it's about moral truths.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/22/13 7:56 pm

just accumulates. Well, enough of that! I'm so glad you're doing well, and you and the rest of my brothers and sisters on SoH really brighten my days! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/22/13 6:28 pm

Ari! Hi, Sweetie! How goes it? ❤️

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/22/13 8:25 pm

IF The hive does not survive , you and your behavior will be eliminated.

icytoes the tepid north
10/22/13 4:39 pm

I see what you're getting at. I'm most interested in hearing from people who say that SOMETIMES it's okay to commit <insert crime> - if that's the case, why isn't it ok when someone wants to do that to YOU?

Ariella LovePeaceNHappiness
10/22/13 6:31 pm

Tlaney!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
So very good to hear from you, love! :) I'm doing well, thank you for asking! I hope all is well with you! You're such a ray of sunshine! :)

icytoes the tepid north
10/22/13 4:11 pm

My answer is, I believe that the only people who can TRULY believe there is. I absolute morality are sociopaths. It's easy to say there is no absolute until my selective morality infringes on your life and/or property.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/22/13 7:46 pm

Oh, it's always sunnier in Florida! Glad they caught those two escaped murderers over your way! Me, I'm gettin' by and feelin' blessed - but my lower legs have swelled up and are oozing watery fluid, whic is fairly disturbing. I see my diabetes doc

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/22/13 8:29 pm

God and Politics are used to defend many terrible acts. Can you ever be certain than your version justifies such violence. The democracy WW I and WWII vets fought for is not what we have today. Karl M is smirking in his grave.

eLucidate writing
10/23/13 12:36 am

Because the subjective nature of morality is derived within the context of a particular society. We both belong to the same society.