Cole12 October 18th, 2013 7:03pm

A college girl posted on Thought Catalog that she was being unfairly judged for displaying her wealth. Blogs from across the Internet proceeded to make fun of and deride her attitude. Do you believe that the rich are unfairly discriminated against?

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/18/13 12:15 pm

against? Through legislation, police, judicially, and through society. Some clown on a different poll thinks 90% of black people are on welfare. And didn't back down from that point. So the rich can suck it up, honestly.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/18/13 12:13 pm

Just to elaborate a bit, yes. Sometimes rich people are discriminated against just for being rich. That's not cool. But it's purely a societal thing. I can only criticize them for flaunting something like a jerk. How do the poor get discriminated

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 12:09 pm

And honestly if they do get discriminated against I believe it's not half the discrimination that a poor person receives.

dudley northern Virginia woods
10/18/13 1:58 pm

People who use the Internet to make people feel sorry for them are temporarily discriminated against because they are being silly and immature. Oh. I am such a victim! Poor me! And all because I'm rich and fairly attractive. , !! Well, good grief

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/18/13 12:06 pm

Yes and no... But as a broke dude, not a lot of sympathy from me.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 12:20 pm

story, but forgive me if I don't think she has a damn thing to be upset about.
Besides that, sure she has money but inherited money. It's not like she's been smart enough to get that money on her own and from the sound of her attitude she probably

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 12:21 pm

wouldn't be able to do so.

lmurder MDK
10/18/13 1:12 pm

When you gloat you have it coming to you. It's being wealthy and living discretely. But yes the "1%" is looked down upon for what they have that others lack.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 12:19 pm

For real even if people talk sh*t who cares they still have their money and their fellow rich friends.
Ask me what I have? In fact I'll save you the trouble. I have nothing. I'm not gonna treat people like those people treated her according to her

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/18/13 12:26 pm

That's the worst lol she inherited it and wants to bitch about discrimination. I wish I was discriminated against like that. Ugh, lets stop lmao I have nothing left to say that's civil or fair :P

Cole12 ...
10/18/13 12:13 pm

With all of this talk of inequality and class warfare, I think everyone is a little on edge about wealth. Especially in a place like NYC (that's where she is going to school), it wouldn't surprise me if she is/has been negatively judged.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 12:13 pm

I would laugh in her face "oh no I'm so rich and poor people can't be happy for me"
Grow up b*tch

kermie gaytopia
10/18/13 7:36 pm

LOL poor girl hahaha

Zealizabeth Probably the hospital
10/18/13 1:05 pm

FemmeAdamWest: I see so much of myself in you it's almost scary lol

MisterE Conservistan
10/18/13 12:32 pm

If people can tell that you are filthy rich, you are doing it wrong.

Cole12 ...
10/18/13 12:36 pm

Ok. But should she be judged for dressing/acting wealthy?

DrCarpenter Ann Arbor
10/18/13 2:25 pm

I don't view them as either, but I do see jealousy that arises because of their situation. I have also seen names thrown out (which is never acceptable). Don't judge people on how much they make, judge them by what kind of person they choose to be.

MisterE Conservistan
10/18/13 1:21 pm

Not thinking about why you need or want a product before you buy it.

MisterE Conservistan
10/18/13 12:42 pm

Yes, because she is most likely irresponsibly spending money.

camlop San Diego, CA
10/18/13 6:49 pm

Can everyone be treated equally, for once?!

OKOkie Oklahoma
10/18/13 12:30 pm

No. The wealthy get judged fairly equally both negatively and positively.