Mattwall1 October 13th, 2013 5:52pm

I've done this before, but now that I have many more followers will ask this again: Are there any questions, whether just general, political, etc, that you want to know my views on? If so ask in the comments.

10/13/13 11:05 am

I think when it comes to affirmative action, race shouldn't be the sole factor. I think a combination, including race, socio-economics, gap, merit in general etc for college admissions are needed. As for being hired for jobs, I think the idea a company needs a certain amount if x or y ethnicity in a certain position definitely needs to go.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
10/13/13 12:02 pm

The Jews did not have Jesus crucified. It was the Romans.

10/13/13 12:16 pm

We need responsible gun control, including universal background checks etc. I absolutely do not want to ban guns or a responsible persons right to own one. But certain limits and restrictions as well a precautions are needed.

10/13/13 10:57 am

I'm assuming you're asking if we should keep or scrap affirmative action?

TomM
10/13/13 11:28 am

I can't wait for the UK to be added to this app. See if we could ask the Brits how they like Obama or make an Obama vs Cameron poll.

10/13/13 11:30 am

I kind of want to see how many Americans say Cameron just because it's not Obama. Mayr I'm just too cynical

10/13/13 12:02 pm

Academic weighted is 3.33 on a 4 pt scale.

TomM
10/13/13 11:05 am

As far as I know you align pretty closely with the Democratic Party's views. Are there any policies where you fundamentally disagree? Not how to handle the government shutdown etc. but where your political opinion is opposite or very different.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/13/13 1:02 pm

Do you feel that you are reasonably well informed of the benefits and hazards of a traditional Western diet, animal proteins, high fructose corn syrup etc. what is your current opinion of the contribution of your diet to your health or diseases.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 11:13 am

Matt - do you disagree that most nations would rather have a Democratic American President than a Republican?

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
10/13/13 12:17 pm

Well you're darn smart, so I was just curious.

10/13/13 11:22 am

As country b is a decorative that's hates us, we should support b over a. I've never understood that line of reasoning. That said I think another reason Dems are preferred is economic and societal reasons, not just foreign affairs

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 11:26 am

I agree with your last statement for sure. I always have a problem with where we "go in" because a huge part of me says "never" but then I see dead babies and that makes it hard. I would be a bad decision maker on things like this

TomM
10/13/13 11:26 am

Other questions such as gun control and social issues play a role too.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 12:22 pm

Matt-often in Christianity, all people consider themselves guilty of Jesus crucifixion. I myself do. If I'd been there I would have called for his death as well. So yes, I guess you are right. All Jews (and people) are guilty of his death.

TomM
10/13/13 11:56 am

I would have to agree with Shelly that few here would have any idea who they are.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 12:23 pm

The Romans didn't ask to crucify Jesus, the Jews did. What's your source for the Romans never pardoning a prisoner? Could it not have been a specific tradition the the judea region?

10/13/13 11:58 am

True. Will we be able to follow uh users or will it be separate?

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 12:25 pm

Yes crucifixion takes a long time. Jesus gave up his spirit. Pilate ordered the body be given to Joseph. Therefore the Romans would have taken him down, by order.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 11:59 am

I can't get back to the other poll, but you had asked about Matthew 27:24-25 - are all Jews guilty for the death of Jesus?
I would say that the Jews sinned by having him crucified.
Are today's Jews guilty via heritage? I don't know.

10/13/13 11:29 am

I know the whole "INVADE" mentality isn't right, nor is " LET US SUPPORT a WHEN b IS IN OUR INTERESTS." I mean remember Grenada? Honestly it was a commonwealth baton hurt out relations with many countries and had ZERO reasoning that made sense.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 12:26 pm

Yes, public trial was demanded, but a public trial wouldn't have worked so the Sanhedrin performed an illegal trial.

SFLiberal
10/13/13 11:03 am

Do you think reverse racial discrimination is justified?

10/13/13 12:02 pm

So the Jews then are guilty; the Jews now may or may not be?

10/13/13 11:07 am

On foreign policy, both parties seem to be mistaken. Obama really doesn't have one, and many democrats are too far left on foreign for me, while the GOP is just kind of "democracy democracy even if it kills us!" I have no issue with a democratic system, but I follow realpolitik, not either party on foreign affairs.

silva
10/13/13 2:42 pm

Everyone's asking all these politically charged questions so I'll ask something a little lighter: Dogs or cats? :)

10/13/13 11:08 am

Are there any specifics you're not sure about you want to ask?

10/13/13 12:04 pm

GA: it was from a Trepid poll if the New Testament was 100% accurate and I brought this up. I agree that the Jews had nothing to do with it though.

TomM
10/13/13 11:35 am

Oh that question should be for the Brits only. Maybe just ask a simple do you approve of Obama's job performance.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/13/13 12:06 pm

Matt, I would say that's a fair statement. GA, the Romans performed the crucifixion at the Jews request.

10/13/13 11:38 am

That would be cool. What about a pill for the us Cameron vs Miliband? And then compare that to the Brits for that or for them Obama vs Boehner?

10/13/13 11:39 am

I am pro marriage equality, so yes I support gay marriage

10/13/13 12:07 pm

Assuming we're going strictly off the bible and not what happened when the Romans actually crucified people.... Because what happened with the crucifixion of Jesus in the bible and what the Romans did don't add up very well

TomM
10/13/13 11:12 am

There was nothing specific behind this. Just curious.

10/13/13 2:49 pm

Dogs. Anything else, even political?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 11:41 am

Because - sadly - most Americans wouldn't know who those two people are

10/13/13 12:09 pm

Why did you want to know my gpa?

10/13/13 1:09 pm

I believe I'm well informed. Overall I eat healthily and I exercise regularly. So any health problems I might have wouldn't come from diet.

10/13/13 11:14 am

I can't disagree with that since it's accurate. Why do you ask though?