rebelfury76 November 11th, 2019 5:21pm

It is being argued in Australia that should one "lie" to another then the other cannot consent to sex. For instance, if one says they're single and it turns out they were married. Seem fair?

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
11/11/19 10:32 am

I try to be one open-minded and progressive but this is dumb. Consent is a specific thing and regret should not be an excuse to withdraw it after the fact. It cheapens what sexual assault is. This just allows scorned women to abuse the law and use the justice system to enact revenge.

Liberty 4,032,064
11/11/19 10:29 am

“I though he drove an Audi but he actually has a Honda, therefore I was raped.”

🙄

skinner Jersey City
11/11/19 12:11 pm

This is obviously a terrible idea. The watering down of what rape is will have terrible consequences for women.

MrMilkdud
11/11/19 2:22 pm

I think it should be socially acceptable for me to describe that as “completely retarded.”

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/11/19 11:58 pm

Lying to a sexual partner is a scummy thing to do, but unless the lie is directly related to the sex itself (ie STIs, birth control, etc), it isn’t a crime.

EarlyBird Portland
11/11/19 6:00 pm

This is beyond ridiculous. I don’t like the direction things are going.

TierasPet
11/12/19 4:56 am

Rebel, I agree. I am tired of laws that weaken the standing of actual victims and this is another one that would do that. Rape and domestic violence are serious issues and victims of both are not going to be taken as seriously if people who regret a decision or a series of decisions they've made in the past can continue to claim there was a crime committed when there wasn't.

Ebola007 Florida
11/11/19 10:35 am

I agree but let’s be honest, we all tell lies like this every day! 😂🤣😂🤣

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
11/11/19 11:49 pm

We always knew you were a bit Kinky...

Ebola007 Florida
11/12/19 7:27 am

Hammer 🔨 🤣😂🤣😂

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/11/19 11:33 pm

"Are you drunk?"

Hmmm.... no way to answer that without getting in trouble in the kinky kourt.😳😎