ILY3000 November 8th, 2019 11:10pm

Did you expect Mayor Pete to make it this far?

zimmy Florida
11/09/19 4:24 am

No, but the more I’ve seen of him, the more I’m think he will remain in the top tier, possibly even get the nomination!

Krosskaos Ohio
11/09/19 7:51 am

I expected him to make it this far, but I also expected Kamala Harris to be demolishing all of the lower and middle tier candidates. She is almost to the point of dropping out now.

ILY3000 Blue collar
11/09/19 7:59 am

Oh happy days!

zimmy Florida
11/09/19 11:17 am

Well I guess the only way to see is November 2020.🤷🏻‍♂️

mre08
11/09/19 9:59 am

Hopefully, Warren isn't exactly the sharpest either and she or Buttigeig don't have much of an x factor.

zimmy Florida
11/09/19 4:25 am

It’s not a weak field so..,.,,,.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/09/19 10:07 am

Zim, it's a ridiculously weak field. You know I'm no Hillary Clinton fan, by any stretch. But she's a stronger candidate than anyone in this group, and it isn't particular close. The only one who could possibly hold her own is Gabbard, and apparently her name recognition with the masses isn't what it needs to be, at least at this point. Considering what your group has to offer, and with Trump on the other side, it would seem to be a perfect opportunity for a third party candidate to capture people's imagination, but they're nonexistent this time around as well. Overall, this election cycle is a mess.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/08/19 10:02 pm

In a horrifically weak field like this one, I'm not surprised. But his 15 minutes of fame will expire soon as well, and he'll be joining the other wannabes who are already crashed on the Democratic scrap heap.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/09/19 12:01 pm

Yep. That's when we'll all know what we're in for.

snagglepuss2 Spring has sprung
11/09/19 5:45 pm

I said he is involved in a racist scandal. I didn’t say he is a racist but minorities are not doing well in South Bend and his policies have not helped them.

zimmy Florida
11/09/19 10:30 am

Disagree with you two, it’s actually a strong field! And any one of them has potential against Trump, who is actually a terrible candidate and hasn’t expanded his base.

gonzoboy Arizona
11/09/19 5:37 am

When I first heard him speak, I thought he’d certainly be on a lot of people’s radar, and told friends about him, who hadn’t yet heard of him. Then, when I heard he was gay (and I think, married or with partner?), I thought he’d go quite far. I thought this might present to American special interest a way of embracing gayness and bringing it into the mainstream and erasing bias, the same way Mr. Obama’s election was supposed to end racism. FTR, this isn’t my personal belief, just a perception of my country...😁

snagglepuss2 Spring has sprung
11/09/19 2:13 pm

Nope
He is invoked in a racist scandal
He lacks experience
He’s republican lite

ILY3000 Blue collar
11/09/19 2:17 pm

Mayor Pete is the hope and the change we need. He seems refreshing much like Obama was in 2008. He’s doing good in Iowa the state that’s always looking for newcomers!

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/09/19 10:43 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. I also disagree that he hasn't expanded his base. I think many people who voted for him last time only because they couldn't stand Clinton, Johnson, or Stein (like me), and (important) are able to separate style from substance, have probably been surprised that he's been able to accomplish as much as he has. As much as I'd like to see an actual good conservative candidate, and am looking forward to 2024, he's not a terrible fallback option for now.

mre08
11/09/19 9:28 am

When Joe Biden is leading the polls its a weak field