Squidboy February 7th, 2019 6:41pm

Sesame Street turns 50 this year. Do you think it is the most influential TV show in history? Answer on top, other nominations in comments.

mistah Happy Happy Joy Joy
02/07/19 12:15 pm

I would put Mr. Rogers above Sesame Street personally.

Korosensei Maine
02/07/19 1:29 pm

I mean the Honeymooners inspired a lot of modern shows. Although if you are discussing influence on people rather than the medium then Sesame Street would definitely be a contender.

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/07/19 12:07 pm

Maybe only bc I’d think most kids watched it at some point? Or am I dating myself and they’ve moved on to YouTube and shows I’ve never heard of?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
02/12/19 7:27 am

I was little when it came out. I saw it. It taught you life lessons. You shouldn't do this or you should do this, and it taught letters/ numbers. That and Mr. Roger's. (GOD, I got tired of my mom telling me he was a Presbyterian minister. I guess as a Presbyterian she was proud of that lol)

snagglepuss Story Time
02/07/19 1:32 pm

Shopkins are a range of tiny, collectable toys, manufactured by Moose Toys. Based on grocery store items, each plastic figure has a recognisable face and unique name. They also have special finishes like translucent, glitter, or squishy.

I have a great niece that’s 4 and a grandson that just turned 4. My great niece is into Paw Patrol and my grandson is currently into Transformers.

...

shygal47 Florida east coast
02/08/19 10:37 am

Could be, idk. I didn’t grow up with it and I’ve never seen it.

JamesAndersonMD La Jolla, CA
02/07/19 12:31 pm

Doubtful. It’s definitely had an instrumental impact, especially in our youngest, but it’s hard to label it as the most impactful in history.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
02/07/19 7:06 pm

I've never watched it, at least not an episode all the way through, so it had no influence on me. Maybe broadly, I don’t know. The only show I know of that definitely did influence me is Then Came Bronson,

Texas1 did not proofread
02/07/19 5:26 pm

I learned everything I needed to know in life from the original Star Trek and Twilight Zone.

snagglepuss Story Time
02/07/19 12:48 pm

I think I Love Lucy or Seinfeld

snagglepuss Story Time
02/07/19 12:49 pm

I believe Sesames Street is on HBO now but I can stream older episodes in Amazon.

paranoidandroid peace love science
02/07/19 12:56 pm

Gotcha. I don’t have kids so I’m completely out of the loop. When I’m with my friends kids they’re obsessed with things I’ve never heard of. Like Shopkins? What the hell are they and what’s so great about them?

jstefaniak04
02/07/19 7:07 pm

Family Matters, Step By Step, Full House/Fuller House, etc..

Quinnipiac Here