Show Of Hands March 4th, 2013 1:50pm

During the winter, do you set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature, or do you set the thermostat below comfortable, but wear extra clothing?

MrWolfe Nashville
03/04/13 7:46 pm

Jealous. Ready for the heat!

MrWolfe Nashville
03/04/13 3:13 pm

I'm with you. Spent most of my childhood in Atlanta & used to go to Savannah with buddies regularly. Air gets *thick* down there in the summer!

thatguy81 here
03/04/13 3:17 pm

I thought Pensacola was bad, but Brunswick, GA has very little wind unless you are on the island. It's like walking in a swimming pool

Emma Austin.ish.
03/04/13 8:35 am

Too expensive to be comfortable in VT in the winter by using the heater alone.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
03/04/13 7:51 am

All heat, but I tend to like colder environments than most. I leave the thermostat at 58 unless I've been outside.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
03/04/13 2:14 pm

72 degrees in the winter, 68 in the summer.
Gets expensive at times, but I pay the Bill, so.....

MrWolfe Nashville
03/04/13 2:56 pm

Probably time to get our unit checked, though it's not old (2006, I believe)
I have to be the 'light Nazi' with the kids constantly. Grr

thatguy81 here
03/04/13 3:02 pm

We lived on the coast, so the heat wasn't terrible with a little coastal wind...but GA+coast+summer=8,000% humidity. Our books were starting to warp it was that bad. Once it was fixed we were back to 70 just to get the humidity out.

MrWolfe Nashville
03/04/13 10:23 am

Our power bills have been outrageous this winter. Last 2 months were well over $300, despite running thermostat at 67-69.
Lesson learned. More blankets next winter & 65-67. This crap's gettin' real!

thatguy81 here
03/04/13 11:48 am

FYI, we had to turn the AC on. Close to hitting 90 today...

thatguy81 here
03/04/13 11:50 am

We had the same problem last summer in GA. After two bills that topped $300 we bought all new weather stripping, shut off half the house, lowered the AC, kept blinds closed all the time...and it dropped to $280. Turns out AC was leaking freeon. Filled up and bills went back down to $150ish