redsox95 New England
12/13/17 5:50 am

There was no good option. Not supporting Roy Moore means supporting partial birth abortion. How does this make republicans the moral party for supporting Jones? It doesn't.

chinito Florida
12/12/17 9:21 pm

Mitt Romney is a gentleman. I agree 100% with him

bower8899 ...
12/12/17 9:54 pm

I have come to like Romney in recent years. His presidency wouldn't have been THAT bad

gluxford1 Arizona
12/13/17 9:33 am

I can't speak for all of us, but as a conservative, I dislike Romney because I see him as just another phony politician who is spineless on the important issues like immigration, healthcare, and infrastructure. He's only tough on issues that would benefit his donors and himself (not the general populace). He's a globalist political opportunist and I don't trust anything he says, including his canned outrage-laden statement depicted in the poll that sounds like he filtered it through 5 focus groups before deciding on a final draft. People like him are one of the reasons why I'm an independent and not a Republican.

Malekithe Hades
12/13/17 4:10 am

Hahaha. Honor. Hahaha

Malekithe Hades
12/13/17 10:51 am

Good summary

Malekithe Hades
12/13/17 8:03 am

I was referring to the whole party.
I find them far from honorable.
I personally like Romney. I only fault him for caving during the 2012 election and not fighting harder to get elected. He should have beaten Obama.
I find no one in Washington DC honorable, including the FBI and DOJ.
They are like the Mos Eisley spaceport. "A wretched hive of scum and villainy."

skinner Jersey City
12/12/17 9:30 pm

Me too! I was relieved someone was maintaining the honor of our party.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
12/13/17 7:06 am

I wish that Strange would have won the Primary.

EarlyBird Portland
12/13/17 1:29 pm

My dad has been a member of the GOP for 60 years and has always donated liberally, until 5-6 years ago. He’s fed up. He says the same thing male and glux say.

gluxford1 Arizona
12/13/17 9:34 am

I wouldn't go that far, but this election result is definitely a sad one that sets a dangerous precedent.

44YY Boston, MA
12/13/17 3:37 am

I can respect a politician that is willing to go against their party for what is right

EarlyBird Portland
12/13/17 5:46 am

male, why do so many conservatives dislike Romney?

44YY Boston, MA
12/13/17 3:37 am

Much better than trump

gluxford1 Arizona
12/13/17 11:25 am

Thanks, malekithe! 😊

rons screw politicians
12/13/17 6:50 am

So much for draining the swamp! Moore was a swamp creature for sure.

tech24073
12/13/17 1:35 am

I find I often disagree with Romney’s views. I do think that he is very repeatable person though.

skinner Jersey City
12/13/17 7:46 am

The pro-life movement is as much cultural as it is political. With or without Roy Moore, Republicans still have enough seats in the Senate to radically improve the judiciary for decades to come as we appoint numerous young, constitutionalist judges. However, if Roy Moore were in the halls of the United States Senate, then pro-abortion forces would have the perfect straw man to stereotype the entire pro-life movement and diminish life's support among future generations. We will pick up the Alabama seat in a few years time when Senator Jones is up for reelection. In the meantime, we've saved the pro-life movement some bad public relations issues that could harm our outreach to ordinary folks.