ptellini November 28th, 2017 12:33pm

Is it hypocritical/ironic for Jehovah witnesses to not want anybody to come to their door on Halloween?

PrinceOberyn Merci Louis XVI
11/28/17 11:34 pm

It's fun watching deluded people fight over who's fairy tale is the correct fairy tale. So...who's gonna burn the other at the stake first?

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/28/17 11:57 am

Am I the only one that fails to see why a Jehovah’s Witness would be hypocritical. They are no less a child of their times as well as a child of faith - just like rest of us.

Just because their faith is different than mine doesn’t mean I would look askance at the opportunity for the little ones to have fun dressing up and bobbing for apples.

Zfilakas Eleftheria i Thanatos
11/28/17 10:08 am

Spoken like a true American Evangelical Protestant.

I'm not even Catholic, I'm Orthodox. We have our differences with the Catholic church, but if you think they're pagan? What do you think that makes whatever fractional Protestant denomination you belong to??

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
11/28/17 5:39 pm

No, Catholicism is not a blend of paganism and Christianity. This is such a ridiculous claim that it is not even worth debating.

www.catholic.com/tract/is-catholicism-pagan

Also, I don’t know you personally, but I highly doubt that you were actually raised Catholic. Your parents may have been Catholic, but I doubt that you were actually a practicing Catholic at any point in your life. Did you you go to Mass every Sunday/Saturday? Did you receive Communion? Etc. And let me guess, the first Bible you read was the KJV, or any other random Protestant Bible.

Zfilakas Eleftheria i Thanatos
11/28/17 10:17 am

Cliché? You're non-denominational. Which is basically Protestant. You use a bible, which I'm assuming is the KJV, which was translated multiple times before it's current English form.

What makes you anything close to truth and the Catholics "pagan?"

PrinceOberyn Merci Louis XVI
11/28/17 8:41 am

God they're weird...even for Christians.

PrinceOberyn Merci Louis XVI
11/28/17 8:47 am

You've got an extremely narrow view of what constitutes Christianity, so I'm just going to disregard that. They're Christian, just not Trinitarian in beliefs.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 8:55 am

I go by what the Bible says, and yes, it is narrow.

clmcd42 Texas
11/28/17 8:57 am

Which verse says that Jehovah's witnesses aren't Christians?

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 8:59 am

I hope you are not asking for a specific verse referring to Jehovah witnesses.

clmcd42 Texas
11/28/17 9:01 am

Nope, I'm just asking for your justification/explanation

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 9:03 am

I have looked up various issues with them and one of them is they do not believe in the deity Jesus Christ.
Why do you consider them to be Christians?

PrinceOberyn Merci Louis XVI
11/28/17 9:03 am

ptellini Homosuperior
11/29/17 5:41 am

PrinceOberyn feel free to try to back up your claim.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 9:04 am

They believe that salvation is works oriented and that it is not a free gift which the Bible says it is a free gift.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 10:10 am

That was so cliché. I am not denominational. I am a Bible believing, Christ centered Christian.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
11/28/17 9:08 am

I would say their beliefs are on the fringes of what’s considered Christianity.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/28/17 4:42 pm

I recently saved a meme cartoon about that which I will use next Halloween! Lol

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 9:12 am

Jesus said that as a human. That is no excuse not to worship the savior of mankind. I have talked to Jehovah witness and that person told me that Jesus is a “spirit creature” and not God.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 5:46 pm

We disagree, therefore I’m wrong lol

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 5:46 pm

Or, we disagree, therefore I am not informed on the subject.

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
11/28/17 9:15 am

“Do you have a moment to talk about a pagan holiday that was christianized and then later turned into a celebration of candy and commercialism?”

PrinceOberyn Merci Louis XVI
11/28/17 9:24 am

Again...The same bible that was put together, codified, and translated from Hebrew by the Catholic/Orthodox church which you don't consider Christian?

Also, you believe in the Divine Hypostatic-Union of Christ, correct? Equally Divine-Equally Human? The same *cornerstone* belief codified and enforced by the Council of Ephesus in 431 CE by the Catholic/Orthodox church that you don't consider Christian?

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 9:30 am

I am very familiar with the Catholic Bible and Catholicism. Catholicism is the marriage of Christianity and paganism.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/28/17 10:36 am

So we’re going further into assumptions and clichés.
I was raised Catholic and became a born-again Christian when I started reading the Bible for myself. You could call me Protestant, but I don’t really care.
The KJV is good, but I like the NASB and NKJV.
The council was a political move to appease Christians and pagans.
Catholics pray to saints and use statues which is not Biblical at all.
They use penance to atone for sins as if Jesus’s finished work on the cross is not good enough.
They claim Mary lived a sinless life which is unbiblical.
They claim the pope is a leader of the church and that everything comes from his mouth is the word of God which is unbiblical.
They believe in purgatory which is not Biblical and makes no logical sense. You either go to heaven or hell. There is no middle ground.
Well, that covers a lot.