Tariq88 November 6th, 2017 11:54pm

Non libertarians; Are there any views you have in common with libertarians?

sea California
11/06/17 9:00 pm

Yes I’m Republican but agree with most libertarian positions with the exception of abortion and death penalty. And of course I would never be libertarian because I don’t want to elect democrats.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/17 5:22 pm

Yes, I’ve found that looking at the pie graphs, most libertarians agree the most with Republicans and more independents agree with Democrats.

Occasionally, all THREE of the other groups disagree with Dems.

The number one issue that pops to my mind that many libertarians agree with me on is the rights of a person to run their business without government interference.

....

Wert A picture of my junk
11/06/17 6:03 pm

No doubt, since libertarians aren’t at all unified on anything.

sea California
11/07/17 3:15 pm

Yes you don’t have to vote for them but the Democrats end up stronger when more Republicans turn Libertarian.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/06/17 7:28 pm

Probably a few, more by coincidence than anything else, but with individuals, not the party. Last time I looked there was essentially nothing in the platform I could support, and little that I wouldn’t actively oppose.

Izzynius
11/06/17 5:04 pm

I am a Democrat and I am in agreement with Libertarians on these points:

Drug liberalization.
Prostitution legalization.
“Citizens of the world.”
Non-interventionist foreign policy.
Equal rights for gays and lesbians.

Kamden popular revolt
11/06/17 5:09 pm

I'm a libertarian but libertarians tend to disagree with eachother in many ways.
We're only really united by a dislike of government.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/06/17 5:19 pm

Sure. In fact I have been informed that my views are more left-libertarian, than strictly liberal.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/06/17 5:20 pm

💠 Tariq88 asked:
11/06/2017
Non libertarians; Are there any views you have in common with libertarians?

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
11/06/17 5:40 pm

I agree with them regarding economics, taxation, and regulations.

I disagree with them on social issues.

GWS101201
11/07/17 2:51 pm

What about social problems such as gay marriage. Libs are for that.

GWS101201
11/07/17 2:53 pm

You can be a libertarian and not have to elect democrats...

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/07/17 2:55 pm

Libertarians are often super reactionary in their personal lives about social values. At best they say "live and let live." I don't like that attitude. I think we can't just ignore social policy like they want to. We need a progressive social policy. Also I'm not a liberal.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/06/17 10:18 pm

No. All their views are about bourgeois rights. I don't think the bourgeoisie deserves rights.