ptellini May 23rd, 2017 6:56pm

Do you consider yourself spiritual or religious? Why?

sanfilippo12 Minarchist Republican
05/23/17 12:47 pm

Religion tends to have a negative connotation of being an almost government-like organization with a religious text as the starting point.
I would prefer to say that I am spiritual, because I have a relationship with God through Christ and I use the Holy Bible as my guidebook to life. I don't like to get involved in the "politics" of a denomination, as they tend to add regulations and interpretations beyond the Bible.

Mark3
05/23/17 12:29 pm

Because life without the supernatural has no meaning.

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/23/17 2:52 pm

Jesus is God in the flesh. Hardly just a person.

Mark3
05/23/17 12:59 pm

Absolutely. I'm a Baptist preacher but I will not have some convention intervene between me and the congregation. History is rife with examples of Church organizations acting directly against the teachings and message of the Christ. It's just what you should expect from a top-down human organization.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 12:48 pm

Couldn't have said it any better.

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/23/17 1:05 pm

Spiritual. I believe in Jesus and the Holy Bible. I do not find organized religion a healthy thing. It becomes the vision of the church leaders not Jesus's teaching. Fellowship among believers and organized religion are in conflict. People looking to people vs a relationship with Jesus. If you follow people you will be lead astray.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 8:57 pm

Deep breath and look at the universe and its complexity. Then give your self a shot at believing that in all that beauty and marvel there is a huge possibility that a life force substantially greater than us exist. Then you may forgive your friends who have a religion you don't believe in, but do not ever assume that you are smart enough to know for sure. Just my thought.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 8:59 pm

And very caring.
And very giving.
And family focused.
And a damn good cook.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 9:03 pm

Looking for the beauty in everyone.?
Yes I do see it
Despite differences, each human provides another glimpse.
In the midst of thousands of possible beliefs lives the truth or the chance to find the truth.
Shalom

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/23/17 3:50 pm

We are created in the likeness of God. Big difference from being God.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 2:14 pm

I agree with most of what you said. I also think people of other faiths are very spiritual and close to G-d

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/23/17 2:53 pm

I would have to spend time with them to know their spirituality.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 9:42 pm

Ah.
You just surpassed T gold star system.
Tops should give out Hearts for sweet sweet supportive statements.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/28/17 9:16 pm

"Spiritual" is nebulous and New-Agey. "Religious" sounds ritualistic and hyper-liturgical.
I consider myself a Christian. A real one; a New Testament Christian (which means I fully acknowledge the Jewish roots of the First-Century Christians). ✟

Desensitized
05/23/17 12:02 pm

Youve never seen anyone astral project better than me.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 6:02 pm

I did not compare you to Hitler. I said Hitler told his followers they were gods. Also that they were superior to others.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 6:02 pm

My family forgot to tell us were Jews. Because of him I lost part of my heritage.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 1:19 pm

Jesus was a person. There are a lot of other teachers and healers in the material world right now

ptellini Homosuperior
05/24/17 2:43 pm

So often I talk to people that say they are more spiritual than religious. It appears that saying you're spiritual has a positive connotation while saying you are religious has a negative connotation.
They seem to say this without understanding would either term means.
Spirituality can be measured by your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Religion has a bad connotation because people look at organize religion and the way people have used it for power and control.
Biblical religion is "tending to the orphans and widows in their distress". We can simply say it is helping those in need.

ptellini Homosuperior
05/24/17 2:43 pm

With that said, Biblically, the more spiritually mature you are, the more religious you are. James reminds us of this by telling us that without works, faith is dead. This is certainly not saying anything about salvation. I want to make that crystal clear. This is about the fruits of your relationship with Jesus Christ. The more spiritually mature you are, the more good works you should naturally be you doing. Those good works are your religion. That is your treasure in heaven.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/29/17 9:09 pm

Great! I hear good things about them.

DiQuellaPira
05/23/17 3:37 pm

I interpret spiritual to mean open minded in the search for truth. As opposed to religious (from the Latin , Religare...to bind..or hold back(from Truth). I don't do dogma(religion)

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 4:39 pm

We have the same vital spark that was in Hitler, and in Jesus.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 4:40 pm

We are all a god. It feels separate cause we're in the material world. The larger part of u feels likes its separate.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 6:28 pm

Yup. I don't think anyone is superior to anyone. Everyone is equally divine.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 5:22 pm

I communicate and pray often. Very often. I'm not so much for church right now, but that doesn't mean I won't go in the future.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 4:43 pm

Actually I'm offended that u compared me to hitler. Cause U don't understand who hitler is. U don't understand the larger part of hitler. U are to busy seeing him through the eyes of hate. If u saw him through the eyes of ur inner being, is understand that he is the universe expanding for the sake of expansion. Who he is now, is one with the universe. U can judge who he was, but have no right to judge who he is if u don't understand who he is

Carolynn new jersey
05/23/17 7:41 pm

I'm neither, but I have nothing against believing in something like religion or a higher power. It would be nice if I could believe in something.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 9:44 pm

LOL is my favorite therapy.
Happiness.
Being able to laugh at and with otherS
ROFLOL

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/23/17 5:36 pm

Neither, but explicitly, vehemently, not religious.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 3:01 pm

We are all god in flesh. *we the pharaoh. Jesus was connected with his inner pharaoh and demonstrated it to others. Some would consider me a prophet

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/28/17 9:19 pm

Really excellent! What flavor of church do you attend?