RyanOH July 21st, 2013 1:53pm

Have you ever written your elected officials (even one) about something you would like for them to either vote for, or bring to their attention? Includes, Senators, State Representative, mayor, president, etc.?

patron Miami
07/21/13 9:44 am

Does it make a difference? I see the cup half empty when it comes to politicians.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
07/21/13 12:22 pm

It's never a waste of time. Don't be discouraged. Apathy kills nations.

dudley northern Virginia woods
07/21/13 8:58 am

Eventually I get back a letter or email that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I guess they have a few typical response templates and a guy in the corner who keeps track of opinions...

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/21/13 10:36 am

All of my representatives, democratic and republican, support drilling of our coast. I say no, besides the military, tourism is the only thing that keeps us afloat as a city.

PAK the Armpit of Florida
07/21/13 7:25 am

I've also answered literally thousands of letters written to an elective official on the topic of education.

asia
07/21/13 12:11 pm

No, but I have had my students write to their elected official about something they felt strongly about and wanted them to vote for/against.

asia
07/21/13 12:11 pm

I have called and left messages a couple of times for my representative. I felt it was a waste of time because in the first case he was going to vote for it anyway, and in the 2nd case I wanted his to vote for, but he was on the record against.

dahawwl Texas
07/21/13 6:57 am

Environmental education.
No Child Left Inside program

77giggles
07/21/13 6:11 pm

Wrote to WV Senators to get support to get the anti-cohabitation law removed. It worked and the judge mentioned my involvement at my divorce hearing. Thank you WV Senators! You made us happy!!

madeit Houston Area
07/21/13 8:30 am

Yes. Several times. It's not that hard to do and I believe I have no right to complain if I don't at least try to be a part of the process.