comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 9:45 pm

I didn't even start college until I was 36. My true career started when I was 41. I retired at 51. College made all the difference. It is NEVER too late.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:01 pm

It was real hard, but I got a degree in Telecommunications Management from DeVry University. Graduated with honors. I mmediately transferred to the IT department as a Help Desk Tech. Then was promoted to Programmer Analyst,

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:19 pm

Most important, you don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't do it. Everyone thought I was crazy when I announced that I was going to retire at 51. They don't doubt me any longer.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:01 pm

I started as inside sales/customer service. Then moved to outside sales. Then I worked as a draftsman in engineering to CAD. I always liked computers and taught myself about them, but I couldn't get into IT until I had a degree. I went and got one.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:02 pm

then I ran software projects and implemented new software solutions for our facility.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:03 pm

Do you know what your strengths are or what you want to do?

lagg
07/04/13 10:06 pm

I have an ass degree from itt tech but I find I never had a real interest in the field

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/05/13 1:03 am

Haven't you heard? Life begins 40. At 64 its still pretty good.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:11 pm

Music and TV/movies are real hard careers to get established in. Mostly because a lot of your success is based on how long you can work without pay before you get a big break.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:11 pm

But, I'm sure there are online schools and local colleges that have programs in the field.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:13 pm

My Daughter tried to get into acting from a part time modeling career. It did not turn out for her. She ended up in a couple of small parts, then she moved on.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:15 pm

Even if you can't get into music full time right away, you can always have your dream by keep working at it part time. There have been those who waited tables and worked as ranch hands until they got their break. You can do it.

comppete Las Vegas
07/04/13 10:15 pm

Perseverance and determination is what it takes.