Praetorianus August 15th, 2016 9:31pm

I've tweeted several reminders to Trump, among other rt the attempt of Senator Sessions from Alabama to defend Trump, stating that he's unnecessarily volatile to need such defence and should just dial it down. Think I'll get through?

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
08/15/16 2:35 pm

Trump and the phrase 'tone it down' are incompatible.

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 3:41 pm

I know there are people who believe that, but I find it hard to believe that his incredible ego would allow him to deliberately self destruct (even as a "sarcastic" staged event). He's exposing all of his businesses, past and present, and personal relationships and his family to public ridicule, and he's getting a (very justified, except for some of the crap targeting his family) load of it. If he hadn't been an obvious thin-skinned narcissistic blowhard *before* he decided to run, I could maybe buy it, but I just don't see that kind of personality setting himself up *deliberately* for destruction. Because even if he pulls the plug at some point, sneers and says "Ha ha, gotcha, you idiots! It was ALL sarcasm!," he's still self destructed in ways he's not going to recover from.

Unless he truly thinks he can. Maybe is ego is *that* big. Hmm.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/15/16 2:36 pm

I've managed to get two starlets (Greyson Chance and Jordan Jansen) to follow me for a while and even briefly talked to Jansen about his song skyscraper but Trump? I doubt I'll reach Trump, that's out of my league.
Can't hurt trying though.

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 2:44 pm

My guess would be that with an *honorable* campaign (whomever might have one like that), someone would tally tweets for various issues, and scan them information or ideas that stand out in some particular manner, but that most of them wouldn't get any special attention.

I highly doubt that Trump's campaign falls into the category of "honorable," though. I have no clue what they do with tweets. I would imagine someone (even Trump himself, since he seems to micromanage some stuff) looks at them for slurs and criticisms from prominent people, so he can say nasty things back to them. And maybe he looks for praise from important people, so he can pat himself on the back, in public of course.

So, good luck with that.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/15/16 3:29 pm

You are wise beyond your age - is that possible? 😀

Well, my attempts to contact Trump directly via twitter, Facebook and email so far resulted in a daily email feed telling me the latest about his campaign - kind of cute 😎

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/15/16 2:41 pm

Where did you get that, of course he wants to win.

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 5:19 pm

Yeah, true. But how is he going to take the giant chorus of "LOOOSER!!!" directed straight at him?

susanr Colorado
08/15/16 5:20 pm

He just seems so thin-skinned, whenever it's *him* that's being attacked.

I dunno.

getupbaby South City
08/15/16 2:56 pm

Trust me. Come September, the sound bites will get worse. Hillary got away with a lot in the past ten years. You really think it's impossible that Trump, one of her husband's biggest supporters (and a donor to the Clinton Foundation) could be in her back pocket?

getupbaby South City
08/15/16 5:17 pm

I don't think he cares at all about any of that. He seems like a guy who enjoys being hated. "You're fired" is his (tm).

myob
08/16/16 12:34 pm

...so he has spent way to many of his millions of dollars for something he does not want. That makes no sense what so ever.

Allsports my world
08/15/16 6:55 pm

The state of Alabama only cares about football 🏈🏈🏈 ya dig

rlands
08/15/16 2:39 pm

Trump just yells at people who criticize him or give him advice. He is seemingly incompatible with improvement, unless it miraculously comes from within. He does not seem like the kinda guy to want outside help.

getupbaby South City
08/15/16 2:40 pm

He doesn't want to win. You guys don't get it?

getupbaby South City
08/16/16 4:55 am

Well, when you spend 2/3 of your life in civil court being sued, you probably learn how to play the victim. I don't think he really cares... about anything really.

myob
08/16/16 12:29 pm

Trump did read a some of his messages early in his campaign. I doubt he has the time to look at them personally now. Staff or family may show him a select few.

myob
08/17/16 5:43 am

Good lord! He is one of the most powerful businessmen in the world. His word is law in his business realm. Trade that for having to deal with Congress for everything he wants to do. Sounds nutty to me. I would not trade for anything.

myob
08/16/16 12:37 pm

Yelling and cussing your own people. Sounds like a Secret Service report on Hillary.

getupbaby South City
08/16/16 2:23 pm

Millions for undue influence for the next eight years without having to run the country. You think this guy cares about money? It's power he's after.