smithy0013
04/24/16 6:06 am

You can disprove certain aspects of certain gods. For instance we know that the universe is not a giant tree (Norse mythology) and that it was never completely flooded with water (Jewish mythology)

UniversePlan Michigan
04/24/16 6:17 am

This user is currently being ignored

Bengi101 Say what now
04/23/16 11:28 pm

Should be obvious in my opinion. However I would like to see the reasoning of the opposing side.

liam2013 iowa
04/24/16 5:18 am

No. God can not be proven either.

UniversePlan Michigan
04/24/16 5:51 am

This user is currently being ignored

ClayTownR California
04/24/16 3:40 pm

Does a book called "On the origin of species" have any meaning to you?

thomas12266
04/24/16 9:20 am

God exists. Why else is everything so complex?

biker4life Arizona
04/24/16 10:11 pm

No, you can't disprove the imaginary.

Wackacrat Harford County
04/24/16 5:04 pm

Yes. I believe genesis ch. 1 follows chronologically well with it. I believe the timeframe is misinterpreted and our timescale inaccurate pre documentation. I believe in adaptation and see connections between many different species throughout time.

Wackacrat Harford County
04/24/16 5:07 pm

Believing you "know" the answer to the great question of "Why we are here" requires faith from any view point one may take on the matter.

Wackacrat Harford County
04/24/16 6:15 am

Until you have evidence that describes the creation of life without creator's hand, I will subscribe to what makes sense to me and the evidence I've seen in my personal life. I don't need to prove it to you, I've already proven it to myself.

ScarletKitten24 Good Ol California
04/24/16 10:28 pm

The answer depends on whether you believe in a God or not. If you don't, you'll find a list of disproving reasons. If you do, you'll find another list of the opposite. Personally, I think it can't be disproved, but you never know. 😌

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
04/24/16 10:31 pm

Depends on the proposed god or gods. If the god-claim makes no claims that influence reality, then no, that god claim cannot be disproved.

But, let's say you claim your god created the universe in a week or died and came back to life, well those claims, randomly chosen, can be examined for their veracity. If the claims fail, then the god-claim fails.

Wackacrat Harford County
04/25/16 3:51 am

No that's not true. The first chapter is the chronological order of creation. The second is not chronological. It simply states that now that there were rivers, there were plants, and Adam was placed in a garden where God brought animals to him.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
04/24/16 10:33 pm

Wack, which creation story in Genesis do you believe is true?

There are two of them, each with a different order of creation, making them mutually exclusive.

Which is your preferred one?