stammtheman April 9th, 2016 2:18am

Building on LibArtie's poll: Why has no one been motivated enough to make an "Atheist State" where anything religious is banned??

ClayTownR California
04/08/16 7:58 pm

Because most atheists respect people's rights to their beliefs and to choose their own ideas, for obvious reasons.

unknownusername delaware
04/08/16 7:26 pm

Atheist is kind of a religion in its anti religious beliefs and its constant prosthelytizing. Agnostic nation might be what your looking for🤔

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/08/16 11:51 pm

because it's kind of a stupid idea to deny people their freedom.. I mean, without the freedom of religion there might not even be any atheists that get to openly be atheists.

PeaceKeepaGirl advance democracy
04/08/16 7:39 pm

^ This. I'm all for destigmatizing atheism, but we can't make up facts.

Xemanis Lawful Good
04/08/16 11:52 pm

plus I don't know where you'd do it.. you'd have to set up a whole country and eh.. that's a lot of work just to live with only atheists

PeaceKeepaGirl advance democracy
04/08/16 7:42 pm

stammtheman Are you saying there's documented evidence of a US state trying to enforce state religion? I know separation of church and state is a bit of a myth in some states but have they actually tried to create a Christian State?

geddy Colorado
04/08/16 7:55 pm

If you mean a state in the USA then any state law banning religion would violate the first amendment and be unenforceable. If you mean other countries, this has been tried already to a certain extent in some communist countries.

stammtheman Mamou
04/08/16 7:23 pm

Is it because atheism is too new? Atheists came along too late in the land grab game?

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/09/16 12:03 am

Comparing atheism to religion in that manner is misleading.

Phillyusmc Philadelphia PA
04/09/16 8:18 am

The Soviet Union was an atheist state , North Korea is an atheist state . Anyone want to live in North Korea ?

pauldabb85 Orlando
04/09/16 1:42 pm

That's the way our federal and state governments should already be running...

stammtheman Mamou
04/08/16 7:37 pm

Talkin bout us, Doc...in the USA.

pdxchory Portland
04/08/16 8:39 pm

Athiests are not a group. A lack of belief in something is not a unifying factor at all.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
04/09/16 8:50 am

Appreciate the tribute in your question:). I would never subscribe to an atheist society. Everyone has the right to practice any belief he/she has. I just don't want people to assume my beliefs by inserting God into a discussion with me.