FacePalm April 6th, 2016 11:56am

A design challenge and a bit of fun. Do you like your city flag?

susanr Colorado
04/06/16 10:15 am

That was a fun video; thanks!

Apparently Fort Collins doesn't have a flag. We do have 2 versions (current and previously used) of a city logo that could easily be used as the graphic for a flag, if the large "City of Fort Collins" was removed. Both versions feature the geographical element that has become symbolic of the city, Horsetooth Rock. The newer one is particularly attractive in my opinion.

The Colorado state flag is almost fully compliant with the video's "rules." Simple design, colors that are very representative of the state qualities (sun, red rocks, snow capped mountains, blue sky). Just a large capital C to indicate the state, no other lettering. It "fails" only in having 4 colors rather than a max of 3, but I'm fine with that.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/06/16 1:44 pm

my city flag is dismal. Its one saving grace: no trademark symbol

leilu SoCal
04/06/16 10:42 am

Ours is white with the city seal. While it breaks several rules, I like it.

The California state flag is one of my favorite flags!

susanr Colorado
04/06/16 2:01 pm

Honestly I didn't want to take the time to watch it, but thought I'd at least take a peek. I got busy doing something else with my hands (can't remember what, but it didn't take any brainpower) and just kept watching. And enjoyed it. Informative, interesting, and funny.

sydwel
04/06/16 7:24 am

I do like the St. Louis flag

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/06/16 2:03 pm

I don't remember how I found it, but I also did not intend to watch the whole thing 8)

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/06/16 6:28 am

No complaints regarding the LA flag. We had it hanging on the wall for a long time.

shygal47 Florida east coast
04/06/16 6:35 am

I like our city's flag ... I just don't like our city's mayor, but thankfully he didn't design the flag ... probably the only thing he hasn't managed to screw up.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
04/06/16 11:00 am

I like the CO flag, it's one of my favorite of the state flags.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
04/06/16 5:47 am

The fellow in the link suggests you change it if you do not care for it. 8)