CaseyHolloway December 17th, 2015 6:44pm

When getting your yearly "Flu & Pneumonia" shots (for those who do), do you trust you're Local Pharmacist or Family Doctor to give it to you? (Reason I ask will be in comments, u mite want to read it before getting your shots)

CaseyHolloway North Carolina
12/18/15 12:09 pm

This has nothing to do with my question, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for you're SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!! God Bless You & Thank You

goin2green Northeast Florida
12/17/15 12:58 pm

That's true. I bruised my shin bone in September and it still brings tears to my eyes at times. I'm sending up prayers for your mom.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
12/17/15 7:52 pm

I'm so sorry for your mother's terrible experience. Hope she is better soon.

fancemom523
12/17/15 12:04 pm

I don't get the flu shot; but wanted ro read the comment. Sounds awful!

CaseyHolloway North Carolina
12/17/15 11:59 am

I asked this question because my mother & I had our shots done @ the same time @ our local Pharmacy! Usually they bring n a company like "LabCorp" to do the shots, however this time the pharmacist was giving them! We trusted that they had been trained correctly on how 2 give the shots! WE WERE WRONG! The pharmacist that done our shots did not give them in the Forearm like they r suppose 2, he put the injections n between the shoulder and forearm! He even wiggled the needle around n moms shoulder b4 the injection! Ever since, mom has been 2 Urgent Care, the ER, Family Doctor, Orthopedic Surgeon, & now being sent 2 a new Specialist. Come 2 find out, when he put the needle n, he BRUISED THE BONE n the shoulder, there is a tear n the rotarycuff, & signs of a blood clot formation (was taken care of immediately with meds)! That was 3 months ago & the pain is STILL unbearable! The guy was only trained 2 weeks prior 2 giving the shots, & no not by a professional, by a sheet of directions!

poetryk California
12/18/15 8:16 am

You should sue the pharmacy

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
12/17/15 3:32 pm

I'd trust the pharmacist but I get my shots free from the VA.

CaseyHolloway North Carolina
12/18/15 12:04 pm

Well, when I went back down to the store I wanted to let them know what had happened! That's when I asked all the questions: (Q) Who Trained him? (A) We were sent a training form on the procedure of giving the shots! (Q) How long was he trained? (A) We trained him 2 weeks prior to the shot he gave you and your mom! (Q) Was he told where to give the shots? (A) Yes, we were told to make a "C" starting at the shoulder, and administer the shot in the "C"enter! So she took down my information and finally someone from their home office called us back about a week later! She said that they would be repaying both of her insurance companies for all Drs visits and prescriptions related to the injury! Then hung up! After a day or two I was thinking and we called them back, they weren't getting off the hook that easy! She then said that once the ins. companies got paid back, that she would definitely be taken care of for her suffering! Said we didn't need 2 get a lawyer, but getting 1 anyway!

CaseyHolloway North Carolina
12/18/15 12:04 pm

I'm sorry! Thanks, will be praying for you as well!

liam2013 iowa
12/17/15 12:55 pm

I have has shots in the past by pharmacist. They well qualified to give shots. I have given shots as a volunteer.

Allsports my world
12/17/15 6:43 pm

Healthcare insurance is important

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
12/18/15 1:32 pm

Thank you for saying that.
To be honest, I'm always a bit uncomfortable when people express a thank you. At the same time I'm proud to stand up to express my service to our country.
But I never forget the sacrifice my brothers and sisters have made in support of our nation.

CaseyHolloway North Carolina
12/17/15 12:26 pm

It has been hell for her. They say that a bone bruise (which I had never heard of before now) is worse than having a broken arm penetrating through the skin. They said that it could take anywhere from 4 months to 12 months for it to heal depending on the severity of the bruise!

missmorganmarie ...
12/18/15 1:38 pm

praying for you and your mom Casey. that sounds so painful!!!! i didnt know a bone bruise could result from a needle. please do consult with a lawyer, the pharmacy should be covering all costs plus pain and suffering. that man should also be fired.