Diogenes August 7th, 2015 4:22pm

I found it strange that nobody brought up Terri Schiavo when Bush said he was pro life and against PP. It is a great barb to nail him with for future debates.

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/07/15 11:51 am

Eh. A lot of conservatives buy into the bs active/passive dichotomy. That's also how they justify turning a blind eye to the suffering that's caused by slashing social programs while screeching about abortions.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
08/07/15 9:54 am

Half the voting public would say, who?

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 1:27 pm

While Democrats scream for more spending while paying of politicians for their special favors.

You want social programs? Ask "reverend" Al Sharpton and his black cabal at MSNBC - the tax cheat network - to stop harping and start paying their share!

DawnDanes New Jersey
08/07/15 3:16 pm

I voted disagree only because I believe Terry Schiavo's husband has been through enough because of Jeb Bush. Leave the man in peace and find something else to use jmo.

slickspin Heart of Texas
08/07/15 3:59 pm

Get general public wouldn't even know who she is. (We're better informed the the general public)

08/07/15 1:43 pm

Think - I've never heard of a tempest in a chocolate teapot, what does that mean?

And to be clear, nothing I said supports one side or another. I simply made note of what I saw in the debate and the audience's reaction, so please save your

08/07/15 1:44 pm

Assumptions. My views weren't the topic of this thread, Jeb's were.

Rotavele Alabama
08/07/15 9:27 am

It's coming don't worry.

My moms been waiting for that one too.

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 1:24 pm

Because that half just woke up and realized that they can't vote for a liar or a socialist, and need to find an alternative. The other have already realized that the Democrats are only offering pathetic choices.

08/07/15 5:40 pm

See, now that was a completely unnecessary insult. As I said, this has nothing to do with my views. This kind of thing makes it so difficult to have any kind of discussion sometimes.

It appreciate you at least explaining it though.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 6:23 pm

We're talking the most powerful position in the world. If bringing it up wins an argument in a debate, nobody's going to stop the question.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 11:31 am

I know what you're talking about, but he did not mention her or the event as it was a major low point during his time as Gov.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 12:06 pm

Terri wasn't euthanized. She was starved.

08/07/15 1:12 pm

Effectively, they are the same thing - choosing when you say you're done with a debilitating issue.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
08/07/15 9:38 am

To quote Roger Waters in Amused to Death (an epic work btw if you haven't listened to it)

"History is for fools. Memory is a stranger."

The populace is too strung out in Soma to remember. We do, but will they?

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
08/07/15 9:40 am

And since there is no objective organization running the debates, do you think any actual "zinger" will be asked of any candidate? I'd love for t to happen, but I won't hold my breath.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 11:23 am

What were you watching? He never mentioned Terri Schiavo in the debate and was probably praying nobody else did either.

08/07/15 10:52 pm

Think - and that is exactly what Jeb said.

08/07/15 11:33 am

He seemed fairly proud of it on stage and the crowd gave him good applause for it.

08/07/15 11:34 am

I think the Republican base (and prob the dems too) will be ok with this, independents & libertarians maybe not.

Euthanasia is a very touchy subject in this country.

logicalphallus Minnesota
08/08/15 11:44 am

Terrrrrrrrry Schiavo, is kind of alive-o!

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 1:22 pm

Your little tempest in a chocolate teapot is ridiculous. I'm pro-life, and was very sad when selfish family members killed her.

What's pathetic is pro-death advocates love to swirl around on a topic like this.

08/07/15 11:49 am

I found it. The debate is online already. From 1.14-1.16 he's answering the question about being on the Bloomberg panel. At the very end near the 1.15.30 mark is where he talks about the end of life aspect and the applause starts.

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 5:32 pm

Which ... guilty as charged. I purposely compounded the "tempest in a teapot" idiom with the Britishism of something being as worthless as a "chocolate teapot".

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chocolate+teapot

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 8:48 pm

Which ... you can choose to be offended. I was reacting to the naive and wrong assertion that "all pro-life" are hypocrites. I'm not. I'm consistently in favor of individual choice, and believe that in the case of murderous mothers, a guardian ...

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 8:49 pm

... for the unborn should be appointed to protect the voice and choice of the child.

08/07/15 10:34 am

He mentioned it himself with regard to being pro-life. He made the distinction that he's for it both at the beginning and end of life. Everyone applauded.

08/07/15 11:24 am

I can go back in the dvr and find the time if you like, but I'm sure there are videos up on the internet. He did mention it, it was quick and not well highlighted so I'm not surprised it was glossed over.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 11:25 am

I was thinking of later debates they a rebuttal from a wily opponent would catch him off guard.

08/07/15 10:24 pm

Think - I believe you hit the wrong thread. No where in this thread did I say anything about hypocrits, nor did I accuse pro-lifers of anything.

AGAIN - I was making note of something Jeb said in direct answer to the poll question asked.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 11:25 am

The MSM wants him to win so they wouldn't dare mention it.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
08/07/15 6:25 pm

Well, had that forum been a true debate, he would have been called to the floor with his Bloomberg coalition and the backing and implementation of common core.

Think Lovin Life
08/07/15 10:30 pm

Which ... I apologize. I thought you were suggesting that there is something inconsistent about being pro-life and anti-Ms Shiavo's murder.

To me pro-life and pro-Ms Shiavo's life are completely consistent.

08/07/15 11:29 am

I can't remember right now if he said her name specifically, but he was very clear who he was talking about. He was specifically talking about encouraging a culture of life @ the beg & the end of life. I'll see if I can hunt down the time for you.