Show of HandsShow of Hands

mugendraco August 5th, 2015 10:17pm

You look up and the sky is completely covered in clouds. Which word do you usually use to describe this?

2 Liked

Comments: Add Comment

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
08/05/15 3:47 pm

Depends on the type of clouds.

leilu SoCal
08/05/15 4:08 pm

If they are clouds, I call it cloudy. If it's a marine layer I call it overcast.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/05/15 3:35 pm

If it's just clouds, then cloudy, but if it they're dark clouds, I would say stormy.

KudosToYou California
08/05/15 3:52 pm

Completely covered is overcast.

Tausif7 California
08/05/15 4:02 pm

Overcast is more of like a condition used for athletic events, or if you are like a high level philosopher.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
08/05/15 4:13 pm

Overcast. I also make a difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny. The latter is actually cloudier.

presrvd Phoenix
08/05/15 4:15 pm

I'd call it the apocalypse. =)

jvc1133 61535
08/05/15 3:52 pm

I check weatherbug, then might say it's gonna rain. 😉