HappyLez July 29th, 2015 8:08pm

On 9/11/01 when the planes hit the Trade Center, I was at work in Brooklyn NY about 5 miles from the Brooklyn Bridge. To this day I can still smell the smoke from the a trade Center that wafted in our direction. Do you have a specific memory of 9/11?

conservativevet
07/29/15 3:23 pm

Watched on TV, couldn't believe my eyes.

Ru12bseen Ignoring the Ignorant
07/29/15 1:37 pm

I had only been out of the military for a year. I felt I should've known something like this was imminent. I know that's silly, but there was this feeling of failure that I had. It's hard to explain.

stickman46 NJ
07/29/15 1:35 pm

Same the smoke smell in Bayonne and none of the ambulances moving - I knew there were very few survivors. Then all the people trying to get home with all the bridges and tunnels closed.

imanag My heaven on Earth
07/29/15 1:38 pm

I remember turning on the news as I ate breakfast. The story was all about the first plane hitting the tower. I could hardly believe what I was seeing as I watched the second plane hit.

Tesla Florida
07/29/15 2:50 pm

I was like 2 so no.

catpillow Florida West Coast
07/29/15 1:39 pm

My niece was in school only a block away from the World Trade Center. She and her classmates saw people jumping from the roof. Her mother was blocked from getting to her by the police. It was a nightmare.

MoeTheVirginian Virginia
07/29/15 2:56 pm

I remember absolutely nothing about 9/11. I was four when it happened.

Korosensei Maine
07/29/15 1:20 pm

Yeah slightly I was in kindergarten and I remember that the day after it happened they had us read some news stories so we'ed know what was going on and I recall thinking that they were weird because they were so short and that I didn't actually

Korosensei Maine
07/29/15 1:21 pm

Realize that it had just happened and I thought it was just like another history lesson or something

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 1:21 pm

I was getting ready for work. Got out of the shower & heard about the 1st plane hitting the tower. Sat & watched for a while, stunned. I watched until the towers started to fall, then I walked across the street to work. I sat in front of the lab

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 1:23 pm

computer watching live coverage, with my Muslim coworker/friend.

Ru12bseen Ignoring the Ignorant
07/29/15 1:37 pm

I was working as a phlebotomist and I had just got done drawing a patient when someone said that a plane had crashed into the trade center. I walked out to the lobby to see what was going on.

Ru12bseen Ignoring the Ignorant
07/29/15 1:37 pm

News crews were just starting to feed in live footage. I remember thinking that someone had really screwed up. Then I watched the second plane hit. I was under no illusions any longer. It was surreal.

17millionTwats Leeds, UK
07/29/15 2:51 pm

I was 3 years old so i have no recollection if it at all, but my mum remembers seeing it on the telly

phen nebraska
07/29/15 1:13 pm

Oh yea. I was at ESU 3 filling out paperwork to become a teacher in Kearney me. Sat there watching and called my roommate

greeengoddess Minnesota
07/29/15 1:16 pm

It was my first day of kindergarden. I remember my mom being on the phone with someone while she got me ready for the day, and she seemed very shocked and concerned.

rons screw politicians
07/29/15 3:01 pm

I was home. My son had to go to NY for. Meeting via the Path that stops under the center. luckily he beat it by minutes and headed uptown. Heard from him around noon.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
07/29/15 5:21 pm

I was a freshman in high school. Rumors spread aimlessly through school. Most teachers wouldn't let us watch it on TV. We each had a laptop, so we saw what was going on. We didn't understand it. I'll never forget NYC, PA, and VA being attacked.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
07/29/15 1:23 pm

Getting off the bus for work. The driver was listening to the radio, and said it had happened. I went into work and watch the rest unfold with my co-workers.

ronderman North Carolina
07/29/15 1:57 pm

I was in a work training and found out about it when people started calling me about a family member who worked at the Pentagon.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
07/29/15 5:23 pm

They sent us home to our families after a brief announcement. I believe they felt it was better for our parents to explain what was going on, even when they didn't fully know.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
07/29/15 3:20 pm

Waking up in a hotel room in Burbank and flipping on CNN just in time to see the second plane hit. I still have no words.

Iamamerican California
07/29/15 3:25 pm

Watching it on tv when the second plane hit the tower and when they fell. Horrifying.

anniepoops fear the deer
07/29/15 2:48 pm

Just having my mom pick me up from school and explain what was happening. I remember talking to my teacher who was telling me about people who mistreated her after it.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
07/31/15 12:36 am

I had recently lost my job, my then-husband woke me and I was watching the television when the second plane hit. I remember how shocked I was.

deist
07/29/15 3:40 pm

I was getting ready for work when it came on the tv. At the time i worked with a saudi Arabian guy he was about 25, his name was Kasim (something), the weird and fearful look on his face when i got to work still leaves an impression on me today.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
07/29/15 3:07 pm

I was in 7th grade in a new school. We saw the news on CNN.com. The school didn't make any announcements until the end of the day when they gathered us in an auditorium. I remember seeing the jets bombing in Afghanistan on TV later that night.